Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: 9 Albums That Flopped in 2014

Bloody

Featured Posts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Five Ten

Louder doesn't deserve to be on that list, 60k first week is a great achievement and Lea isn't even that big of an actress

I agree, it was her first album coming off of no true 'hit' single, she did very well IMO.

Runway

they should also make an article about "smash" albums that arent even gold ibpsyAyz0jArEL.gif

Slay a bit @ the ARTPOP era bringing the word "flop" into the mainstream though

JeffSwift

Louder doesn't deserve to be on that list, 60k first week is a great achievement and Lea isn't even that big of an actress

I agree 1000% plus it's such a good album.. like? 

inuborg

Azealia sold more than KARMIN?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

JaggedMonster

they should also make an article about "smash" albums that arent even gold ibpsyAyz0jArEL.gif

ARTPOP ha impact

StrawberryBlond

Really puts things into perspective regarding album sales at the moment. Artists are being lucky to get gold certifications at this point in time. 2013 was just the lead-up to the truly terrible year for album sales that was 2014. Even the legends were struggling and the irrelevants flopped even harder. Apart from Taylor and 1D, the only ones that got anywhere were the new artists, as always. But it'll be their turn with their sophomore releases. The public are so fickle that blaming bad sales on illegal downloading and streaming is so backward. I hope this list educates people as to what a flop truly is. "Underperforming" and "flopping" are completely different.

I second that. Too many singles artists around right now (that for some reason, aren't acknowledged as such). The public seem to think that success at either albums or singles cancels the other one out.

I would prefer if they come up with a list of flop albums that are underrated and a list of good selling albums that don't deserve the success. now that would be more interesting

Dangerous Man

I thought Artflop flopped? Lelz.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

I'm glad to read that people recognize the quality of Mariah's latest album, one of her best album ever in quality despite the flop sales due to a terrible promotion and management. 

The Diamond Chanteuse will survive for sure with her 200 million sold, and now she is still getting her Xmas coins like every year, hope that she's gonna fired Jermaine Duprì, change label and have new manager. 

Joaco95

yet everyone says ARTPOP flopped

the fact that someone has to bring ARTPOP. i can see people are still pressed about it

RAMROD

Feel bad for Merrier tho.

And Karmin too.

And 50 as well.

But I think 50 finally have his freedom after leaving Interscope to just finally release this album.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived