💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PREMIERE: Nicki Minaj - Big Daddy (ft. Meek Mill) (IGGY Shade)

Travis

Featured Posts

NewYorkCity

Looks like people here talking about Iggy and saying "she's not a rapper, she is just raping over pop tunes" have forgotten about the most succesful singles of their fave.

Anyway, the song is trash.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A rapper who raps over pop tunes is still a rapper. There are rappers who rap over rock music, pop music, EDM and reggaeton. You don't have to rap over hip hop music to be a rapper. Pitbull has been rapping over pop music for years now and he is still a rapper.

Hip Hop and Rapping are two different things. Rapping is a technique while Hip-Hop/Rap music is a genre. 

Iggy Azalea is a rapper. She claims to be a rapper because she is.

Really well said.  :applause:

This what happens when pop stans think they know a thing or two about hip hop 

:toofloppy:

This is a great article about what i was trying to explain.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/subliminal-warfare-a-history-of-the-hidden-diss-news.12345.html

I get the point, altough i find it extremely ridiculous.

To say that Iggy HAS to diss in order to gain respect is a twisted way of seeing music. Thank you for the article, it was, somehow, enlightning. 

This what happens when pop stans think they know a thing or two about hip hop 

:rip:

I don't get why Nicki has to stoop down on shading Iggy.

She's been the dominant female rapper in the game on the last few years. Isn't that enough to prove her standing in the rap genre?

Also, Iggy has done nothing to her but praise her in interviews. She even approached her on an awards show (not sure if it's VMAs) backstage to show her support to Nicki. I'd say it's not really fair for Iggy to get this hatred just because she's on top.

Archived