💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

J.Cole: Iggy, Macklemore, JT, Em "snatced the sound" of black music

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Wet Fire

People always accuse Iggy of being racist. What is Azealia doing? Always preaching against white rappers? :eww:

Azealia, listen sis, Eminem is more talented than you caould ever imagine yourself to be. So don't accuse them of theft. They welcomed black people's culture. Your stupid brain probably doesn't understand that it's 21st century and there are people who don't like stupid racist rants. Get your sh!t together, go home and learn some manners from your parents.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, the OP asked for an example of black artists succeeding in a genre that is primarily occupied by a race outside of that. I gave two examples from a genre that has very few black artists and an extremely low percentage of black listeners.

I'm not making judgments on any issue here, just stating the example that I personally know of. :shrug:

The lack of black artists does exist in country music. There are only a handful of black artists who have managed to have any kind of career in that genre.

ohhhh :flop: ok

MahoganySnitch

Once again, the OP asked for an example of black artists succeeding in a genre that is primarily occupied by a race outside of that. I gave two examples from a genre that has very few black artists and an extremely low percentage of black listeners.

I'm not making judgments on any issue here, just stating the example that I personally know of. :shrug:

The lack of black artists does exist in country music. There are only a handful of black artists who have managed to have any kind of career in that genre.

Oh ok! I posed that question because of what the person I quoted said:

Not like black people haven't "stole" any music style from white people. Double standards as usual.

This insinuation that Black people have "stolen" music styles from white people tells me that the OP believes such a theft can occur, but not in this case. So I was confused and asked the OP what examples there were of Blacks "stealing" styles of "white music." If the OP believed that such a thing can happen, then the opposite can logically occur as well (white people "stealing" so-called Black music, which is what J.Cole was kinda getting at). 

I think I'm confusing myself lol. 

SissyFromSpace

I have mixed opinions on this.

People criticize Iggy because she actually raps like a Black Southerner instead of in her natural voice. She's watered down trap/Southern rap for the mainstream and people bought it because she's a white female

Stopped right here

there's no such thing as "sounding black" so your post is racist and misinforming ! ! !

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Archived