💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Advocate: Azealia Banks Needs to Stop Using Homophobic Slurs

Envi

Featured Posts

And what does this have to do with the music?

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't even talking to you, nor do I wish to. 

but did I lie?

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

lmao im talking about people caring way too much about what azealia banks has to say. you can step off your high horse

not my fault if u cant write clear sentences honey

"It seems that Banks doesn’t understand that no one can suddenly choose to self-define a word with decades of historical meaning."

I don't agree with this statement. The intention behind a word is always more important then the word itself. 

Patti Smith famously re-defined the word n-i-g-g-e-r in the song Rock N' Roll N-i-g-g-e-r and it became a positive anthem for outsiders and outcasts. Had Azealia Banks chosen to give a positive connotation to the word f-a-g-g-o-t in a way that was similar to Patti Smith's re-defing of the word n-i-g-g-e-r no would have have batted an eye. But she didn't do that. She turned a slur into a slur and continues to perpetuate the idea that being a f-a-g-g-o-t is a bad thing. 

Her music is wonderful, but Azealia Banks is clearly an angry, ignorant, sour woman. I wish her the best.

SissyFromSpace

Agree

i think its more proof that she isnt even LGBT either

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

thefamebitch

I really enjoy her music but this article really convinced my how wrong she is in this instance. I really hope she can think this one through tbh, cause she has a lot of potential but continually using f*ggot as an insult is very alienating to the LGBT support she's earned thus far.

Willy Wonka

Agree

i think its more proof that she isnt even LGBT either

you doing the most again. you need to stop trying with this. it's not your call to make how someone identifies. 

Willy Wonka

How?

it's not your call how someone identifies. we get you have a vendetta against her. that's your prerogative. but repeatedly trying to challenge how she has identified is not cool.

SissyFromSpace

it's not your call how someone identifies. we get you have a vendetta against her. that's your prerogative. but repeatedly trying to challenge how she has identified is not cool.

i dont have anything against her.

now stop DE-railing the topic. bye.

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Tokyo Rose

"It seems that Banks doesn’t understand that no one can suddenly choose to self-define a word with decades of historical meaning."

I don't agree with this statement. The intention behind a word is always more important then the word itself. 

Patti Smith famously re-defined the word n-i-g-g-e-r in the song Rock N' Roll N-i-g-g-e-r and it became a positive anthem for outsiders and outcasts. Had Azealia Banks chosen to give a positive connotation to the word f-a-g-g-o-t in a way that was similar to Patti Smith's re-defing of the word n-i-g-g-e-r no would have have batted an eye. But she didn't do that. She turned a slur into a slur and continues to perpetuate the idea that being a f-a-g-g-o-t is a bad thing. 

Her music is wonderful, but Azealia Banks is clearly an angry, ignorant, sour woman. I wish her the best.

Banks is only doing us a disservice when adding more negative connotations to the word, essentially working against us, while naively asserting it doesn’t reflect the queer male community

Willy Wonka

i dont have anything against her.

now stop DE-railing the topic. bye.

1. ha

2. it's not derailing the topic. she's identified as part of the LGBT community and this article cites that. you've challenged that and i'm responding to your post. it's the topic.

3. you're still wrong. this isn't an innocent until proven guilty type situation. she's identified herself as bis-xual. that's not up for you to challenge.

Archived