Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lily Allen Blasts X Factor 'Music Industry Corruption'

Stef

Featured Posts

RAMROD

I agree tbh.

These contestants

are pretty much singing billboards for now.

If they got enough luck, they will win this and get famous..., or die trying.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drinkmytears

I remember when You and I got performed on the American X Factor or Idol or something before we even had a studio version :toofunny:

I think that was American Idol! But maybe it was after Gaga sang it on Oprah? I remember that too. 

It's only because she hates Cheryl

1) She doesn't hate Cheryl

2) Cheryl has nothing to do with this at all

She's totally right, but that's just the way the industry works. These shows have never really been about the contestants.

StrawberryBlond

I actually agree with her. XF was playing Bang Bang as background music in the audition stages this year before it was officially released in the UK too. Fleur was also singing All About That Bass when it had just been released and debuted at #1 the week before. It's all a calculated attempt to keep the wheels turning in the industry and there's a lot of "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" going on. They're not even trying to cover it up in the comments anymore. Louis flatout said that he'd never heard of the song until now and was unsure if it had even been released here, but after Fleur's performance, it's destined to be a massive hit. That's straight up manipulation of the public right there. Seeing as Uptown Funk is now on pre-order, the demand for that track has just skyrocketed. Most artists don't get their pre-ordered singles performed on primetime tv before release, but even fewer of them get to sit back and watch somebody else promote it for them. The business today is even murkier than it was back then. Maybe Gaga's songs could have had a fighting chance at #1 in the UK if this same kinda thing happened. Some artists have all the luck. And it had to be Bruno Mars that was featured on it, wasn't it? As if he needs UK promo to sell his work.

Fleur was amazing, no doubt. It was like watching a professional. But the way Simon's been grooming her to be a big star after this show by getting her to perform the most relevant songs around and making out that she's so original and ahead of the game is getting really tiring. If she is going to get a record deal after this, she'd better be more of a Kelis/Beyonce rather than a Rihanna, though. One of them plus one rip off (Rita Ora) is more than enough. I just don't see Fleur being a one of the biggest XF stars, though. She's a bit too old to be really relevant to the youth market (seriously, there's markets for 16-25's and 40+ but little demand for the ages in between). She's already older than relevant stars who are like her who've already achieved the bulk of their success. Rihanna's younger than her and about to release her 8th album, so I feel like Fleur's time to make it has already passed. It's weird, when she started out, I thought she was so average and just singing modern songs to appear relevant. I'd never seen the judges ask a contestant if they could dance in their audition. I think it was because in her case, they liked her looks, but didn't think she had much other talent, so asked if she did. But then she blossomed and showed she could do a lot more. I can get it so wrong sometimes. I've eaten my hat over who will get ahead more than I can count.

She's just criticizing the industry for not letting the contestants be who they want to be. I don't get why people even bother to bash artists when they praise Gaga when she does the same.

bionic

I remember when You and I got performed on the American X Factor or Idol or something before we even had a studio version :toofunny:

I came in to post that :giveup:

buy bionic

DirtyRichHooker

1) She doesn't hate Cheryl

2) Cheryl has nothing to do with this at all

She's totally right, but that's just the way the industry works. These shows have never really been about the contestants.

The b---h has hated Cheryl since she wrote a song about her

The b---h has hated Cheryl since she wrote a song about her

Why do you think it's acceptable to use misogynistic slurs towards women so casually?

Also, that was in 2006. Maybe earlier. And the lyric is literally "wish I looked like Cheryl tweedy / I know I never will" ... Hardly a hate song lol. 2014 - http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5231154

DirtyRichHooker

Why do you think it's acceptable to use misogynistic slurs towards women so casually?

Also, that was in 2006. Maybe earlier. And the lyric is literally "wish I looked like Cheryl tweedy / I know I never will" ... Hardly a hate song lol. 2014 - http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5231154

Have you seen any of her interviews in which she speaks about Cheryl? Clearly not. And I'm just calling her out for what she is.. a b---h.

Have you seen any of her interviews in which she speaks about Cheryl? Clearly not. And I'm just calling her out for what she is.. a b---h.

You mean the ones from 2006/07? What about the interview I just linked you to from this year where she literally says: "I like Cheryl"

Her dishes must be piling on the sink.

I don't even fully understand this but I love it. 

And I don't get what she's mad about. :huh:

DirtyRichHooker

You mean the ones from 2006/07? What about the interview I just linked you to from this year where she literally says: "I like Cheryl"

Even though a year ago on Twitter she slated her to me? okay gurl

Even though a year ago on Twitter she slated her to me? okay gurl

An apparent tweet a year ago VS an actual interview 8 months ago, I know what I believe

But regardless it has nothing to do with Cheryl. She has no pull on the show, all the shots are called by Simon, we know that. Cheryl's just there to look pretty and bring in the viewers.

Archived