💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Miley Cyrus Launches Visual Art Career

Didymus

Featured Posts

PopBitch

Where's  the Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds cover?

I think Miley deserves more credit than she gets, but doing funky things on a stage isn't necessarily art. (Then again, who am I to say what is or isn't art?)

If anything, she certainly is getting her feet wet in the concept. We know she sings rock and the old hits really well; there's musical knowledge and talent there. Now we're watching her begin a more artistic-art career, seeing the trials and errors that usually the general public doesn't see when an artist first starts out.
Judging this harshly would be like judging someone's first ballet recital with the expectations of seeing a professional dancer- it's her first time, it's not going to be that great.

I am fascinated to see what working with The Flaming Lips on her next album produces.  That is really thinking out of the usual pop box of who to work with when making a pop album, and it intrigues me.

"We have a remarkable situation where someone channels her vision through music, art, theater, and fashion."

wait, who are they REALLY talking about?

LOL  Ain't that the truth?  

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
codymonster

ARTPOP and her undeniable impact :legend:

"We have a remarkable situation where someone channels her vision through music, art, theater, and fashion."

wait, who are they REALLY talking about?

:rip: it's moments like these where people can all realize Gaga truly paved the way for theatre, avante garde, fashion, and art in pop music and pop culture.

RAMROD
gagsavi2.gif cute.
(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Petrichor

They did the same exact performance on Conan and I actually liked it a fair amount it was funky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV6XLTM5PdU

Didymus

They did the same exact performance on Conan and I actually liked it a fair amount it was funky

This is right up my alley omg I need more of this :giveup:

Thanks for sharing :giveup:

PopBitch

My favorite Beatles song of all time.  I never saw this.  Thanks.   Though, others have covered it better.

I am so excited for this collaboration on Miley's new album.  It should be very interesting and at least will take a chance, whether it fails brilliantly or surprises everyone with its brilliance, one extreme or the other.   Either way I don't expect it to be mediocre. The Flaming Lips are known for their elaborate and visual live shows and experimental music and psychedelic rock influences, which I adore psychedelic rock music..

From wiki

"They are also acclaimed for their elaborate live shows, which feature costumes, balloons, puppets, video projections, complex stage light configurations, giant hands, large amounts of confetti, and frontman Wayne Coyne's signature man-sized plastic bubble, in which he traverses the audience. In 2002, Q magazine named The Flaming Lips one of the "50 Bands to See Before You Die."

The band is best known for its associations with 1960s and 1970s psychedelic subculture, with elements of this culture permeating the group's instrumentation, effects, and composition. Coyne's lyrics, in particular, both reference and embody the fascination with the science fiction and space opera genres of fiction that were popular during the golden age of psychedelic subculture.[1] His lyrical style tends to use the imagery and plot conventions of space opera to frame more abstract themes about the unfolding cycles of romantic love, highlighting its vulnerability while delving into its metaphysical implications."

Tropico

I don't like the art at all. :noparty: It seems to much and kinda messy to me. :shrug:

I don't like the art at all. :noparty: It seems to much and kinda messy to me. :shrug: But good for her for taking up art. :yes:

♱ Social Justice Enthusiast ♱

Archived