• Last Reply
Rat Boy

:lmao:

I think we are laughing at the same post :smh:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Rat Boy

Exactly what I said, dear.

tumblr_m4cat3K0tr1qcdces.gif

She had enough interest in singing someone else's words when she let Kim Carnes' words pass through her lips as she covered Bette Davis Eyes on her tour.

"I have no interest in singing someone else's words."

... Oh look. Videos of her singing someone else's words, at your disposal.

You are taking her quote out of context. Clearly she was talking about not wanting to sing other people's words on her albums.

XoXoJoanneGaga

I just don't understand how her label doesn't say "no" to her more often. Ok, she can pull in sales and an audience, and that should be enough to let her do what she wants, but even some of the most successful acts get controlled - all mainstream acts do. But for some reason, she's allowed to do whatever she wants and her label just bows gracefully. Sure, as she says, they voice a lot of concerns and suggestions, but they ultimately back down. I just don't get why. It's another thing that annoys me about her - she gets such untouchable status in the industry and such free reign with her music while many other artists who are much more talented get forced to go in directions they don't want to, record songs they don't want to, do collabs with people they don't like, even getting their complete album canned because the label flat out didn't like it. I wish all labels treated their artists like Taylor. Whenever she does an interview like this, it always feels like she's rubbing it in for all the artists who don't get freedom at their labels. She's acting like it's a choice to get your songs written for you or be a puppet. But the truth is that it's not an option for every artist, it's simply a command or even an ultimatum. Taylor's only understood what it's like to have choices throughout her entire career - she's never experienced demands. She got a record deal so easy when she was a teenager and has had it easy ever since.

She has a great contract and label, that's mainly what it boils down to. She also seems to be very smart and put together though. Most artists don't have that level of control over their lives and are more easily manipulated, or surround themselves with the wrong people.

She did a cover of Bette Davis Eyes a handful of times live, so she can stfu like yesterday

Do you know how to read?

She was talking about her albums. She always covers songs on her tours you and she never claimed them as her own. What kind of weak drag.

Next

who will love me when the night is over

I just don't understand how her label doesn't say "no" to her more often. Ok, she can pull in sales and an audience, and that should be enough to let her do what she wants, but even some of the most successful acts get controlled - all mainstream acts do. But for some reason, she's allowed to do whatever she wants and her label just bows gracefully. Sure, as she says, they voice a lot of concerns and suggestions, but they ultimately back down. I just don't get why. It's another thing that annoys me about her - she gets such untouchable status in the industry and such free reign with her music while many other artists who are much more talented get forced to go in directions they don't want to, record songs they don't want to, do collabs with people they don't like, even getting their complete album canned because the label flat out didn't like it. I wish all labels treated their artists like Taylor. Whenever she does an interview like this, it always feels like she's rubbing it in for all the artists who don't get freedom at their labels. She's acting like it's a choice to get your songs written for you or be a puppet. But the truth is that it's not an option for every artist, it's simply a command or even an ultimatum. Taylor's only understood what it's like to have choices throughout her entire career - she's never experienced demands. She got a record deal so easy when she was a teenager and has had it easy ever since.

She took a chance on what was basically a start up label when she had offers from established ones. Scott Borchetta owes his success to hers so I guess they're just returning the favor by letting her do what she wants :ohwell:

who will love me when the night is over

a disaster.

PopBitch

She took a chance on what was basically a start up label when she had offers from established ones. Scott Borchetta owes his success to hers so I guess they're just returning the favor by letting her do what she wants :ohwell:

I didn't know that.  That makes for a supportive label. But you still have to have the personality that stands up to them and doesn't get manipulated and stands firm.

I remember reading the history of Depeche Mode and once they were getting noticed and even had labels coming from the U.S. to throw money  at them, mind you these guys had zero money, they still turned it down and went with a start-up label with no signed contract.  They did it on a handshake with Mute, and the guy who owned Mute worked with them closely for every album for many, many years and was so supportive, and that's how an underground act eventually became an underground act that played to stadiums.  

They said in hindsight it would look idiotic they didn't take a major label's offer with a big money offer, but said also if they had they would have been used for a couple of albums and chewed up and spit out and not nurtured and encouraged in their artistic growth the way Mute was with them as their biggest albums that crossed over into mainstream and broke into the U.S. market didn't come until like their sixth album.

The thing is, she knows that the secret to having control over your career isn't about doing rebellious tantrums like some other artists.

Taylor EARNED her creative control the hard way. She's constantly showing her label that they can trust her decisions as a creative director of her career because she knows how to do pop music that's commercial, but still stay true to her vision. 

Not only is she a great singer-songwriter, but she is also a visionary who understands how the industry works. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

PopBitch

She's one of the best songwriters in the game.

I never gave her that much attention until I would see musicians on other music sites, more like for bands  of all eras like The Smiths, R.E.M. Spoons, etc., who weren't all necessarily into her music (some were) but all praised her as a strong songwriter.  That's when I gave her music a chance and listened to more of it than the hits.

Rat Boy

She's one of the best songwriters in the game.

She really is.

The drought was the very worst

When the flowers that we'd grown together died of thirst
It was months, and months of back and forth
You're still all over me like a wine-stained dress I can't wear anymore
Hung my head, as I lost the war, and the sky turn black like a perfect storm

Rain came pouring down when I was drowning
That's when I could finally breathe
And that morning, gone was any trace of you, I think I am finally clean

There was nothing left to do
And the butterflies turned to dust they covered my whole room
So I punched a hole in the roof
Let the flood carry away all my pictures of you
The water filled my lungs, I screamed so loud but no one heard a thing

I think I am finally clean
Said, I think I am finally clean

10 months sober, I must admit
Just because you're clean don't mean you miss it
10 months older I won't give in
Now that I'm clean I'm never gonna risk it

The drought was the very worst
When the flowers that we'd grown together died of thirst

This song always slays me.  :deadbanana: So well written. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

codymonster

gaga didn't make the instrumentals to those songs herself haha i was just trying to reach

Oh lmao, gotcha. I was like "how the hell is there anything remotely connected to those songs" :wtfga:

Taylor Swift is Big Machine Records.

Like, if she wasn't signed with them they would be nothing. She is basically co-CEO with the actual CEO, no one is gonna tell her what to do in her own company.

And she is flawless so, there is that :hor:

Did you just learn English? It's so cute that you're trying, keep it up.

Archived