đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift: "I have no interest in singing someone else's words"

Redstreak

Featured Posts

XoXoJoanneGaga

I love her but she's been sounding very pretentious lately.

You stan for Gaga and you think THIS sounds pretentious?  :rip:  :rip:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You stan for Gaga and you think THIS sounds pretentious?  :rip:  :rip:

No need to bring up Gaga, I'm not some biased "I love no one but Gaga" fan if that is what you're thinking lol.

high heeled fem

I really misjudged her. I'm beginning to warm up to her a bit.

thought i was ... until she released this album :lmao:

just heard "welcome to new york" wtf is that :lmao:

i'll go listen to venus that song takes me to another place :yes:

Rat Boy

She did a cover of Bette Davis Eyes a handful of times live, so she can stfu like yesterday

:Sharon:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

retroglamx

She did a cover of Bette Davis Eyes a handful of times live, so she can stfu like yesterday

What exactly is your point?

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

high heeled fem

Ummm no, you don't know me. I don't base my opinions off how well something sells, unlike some people. I'm not so small-minded and trivial like that.

And please, ARTPOP flopped? :usrs:

Mess :sweep:

ARTPOP has so many layers

i dont hate taylor see my post above

but yeah ... its not special :( welcome to new york.... ARTPOP was special so many layers :emo:

JeffSwift

Lol did she claim it was her own song? What a dumb post. 

alternitversion

What exactly is your point?

Exactly what I said, dear.

tumblr_m4cat3K0tr1qcdces.gif

She had enough interest in singing someone else's words when she let Kim Carnes' words pass through her lips as she covered Bette Davis Eyes on her tour.

Lol did she claim it was her own song? What a dumb post. 

"I have no interest in singing someone else's words."

... Oh look. Videos of her singing someone else's words, at your disposal.

StrawberryBlond

I just don't understand how her label doesn't say "no" to her more often. Ok, she can pull in sales and an audience, and that should be enough to let her do what she wants, but even some of the most successful acts get controlled - all mainstream acts do. But for some reason, she's allowed to do whatever she wants and her label just bows gracefully. Sure, as she says, they voice a lot of concerns and suggestions, but they ultimately back down. I just don't get why. It's another thing that annoys me about her - she gets such untouchable status in the industry and such free reign with her music while many other artists who are much more talented get forced to go in directions they don't want to, record songs they don't want to, do collabs with people they don't like, even getting their complete album canned because the label flat out didn't like it. I wish all labels treated their artists like Taylor. Whenever she does an interview like this, it always feels like she's rubbing it in for all the artists who don't get freedom at their labels. She's acting like it's a choice to get your songs written for you or be a puppet. But the truth is that it's not an option for every artist, it's simply a command or even an ultimatum. Taylor's only understood what it's like to have choices throughout her entire career - she's never experienced demands. She got a record deal so easy when she was a teenager and has had it easy ever since.

Archived