• Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Vanity labels are next to worthless.

Vanity how? :huh:

It is real label.

Only under Cash Money.

And CM is under UMG.

Maybe Lil' Wayne had a beef with Birdman or something.

Need to be smarter managing his own label.

The way Jay Z does to his.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Labels suck, but I also get it. 

You're signed to them, you're representing them and in turn they help you give your art to the masses. However, if your art isn't on par with what they want to see from you they won't release it. 

Like...I'm an educator. When I give a program to the public, I'm free to teach them the necessary information in my own creative way. However, if I don't hit on the points that my employer needs/wants me to talk about, they won't allow me to go do programs anymore- because I'm representing them, and they have a message they're trying to convey. Thankfully, I believe very much in what they do and have no problem creatively teaching the information they ask me to include in my programs, and they are flexible in that if I wanted to deviate a bit to talk about another relevant/related topic it'd be permitted. 

Unfortunately, the music industry is viewed more as a business than a place for art and creativity. When signing to a record label you risk losing your creative freedom, at least some of it, yet benefit from the resources the label has- IF you follow their rules. 

Artists aren't like independent contractors- they're employees in this kind of scenario. The artist should be in charge of what their name and face is on. 

Really disgusting, I'm not a fan of his music but I feel bad for him, you give all your time, effort and passion for your music and those griddy fckers says no to you..

and the funny thing is the all the albums that the companies didn't want to release this year, but eventually has been released, were the best albums this year like Ultraviolence and BWET.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Fiona Apple

The way you phrased your "opinion" wasn't right. He IS NOT terrible, you just happen to think he is.

He is though xD

Princess Die

Vanity how? :huh:

It is real label.

Only under Cash Money.

And CM is under UMG.

Maybe Lil' Wayne had a beef with Birdman or something.

Need to be smarter managing his own label.

The way Jay Z does to his.

No.

From Wiki: A vanity label is an informal name given sometimes to a record label founded as a wholly or partially owned subsidiary of another, larger and better established (at least at the time of the vanity label's founding) record label, where the subsidiary label is (at least nominally) controlled by a successful recording artist, designed to allow this artist to release music by other artists he or she admires. The parent label handles the production and distribution and funding of the vanity label, but the album is usually released with the vanity label brand name prominent. Usually, the artist/head of the vanity label is signed to the parent label, and this artist's own recordings will be released under the vanity label's brand name. Creating a vanity label can be an attractive idea for the parent label primarily as a "perk" to keep a successful artist on the label's roster happy and a venue to bring fellow artists to the public's attention.

And on the page, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_label) Young Money is listed...

He is though xD

You are ****ing rude. What are you, 12?

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❀

Fiona Apple

You are ****ing rude. What are you, 12?

No I am not 12.. I just don't like him and you can't accept a difference opinion lol... I might should have been more polite..But his music hurts my ears

Haroon

He's one of the last people I would've thought this would've happened to :omg: Like I thought he had the reigns of everything :huh:

Princess Die

No I am not 12.. I just don't like him and you can't accept a difference opinion lol... I might should have been more polite..But his music hurts my ears

I don't like him either. Not my cup of tea. But I didn't give my opinion before this post because, guess what... No-one asked for it. I would not be contributing to the discussion in a positive way. And you were totally trying to offend people. Don't play that. 

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❀

Fiona Apple

I don't like him either. Not my cup of tea. But I didn't give my opinion before this post because, guess what... No-one asked for it. I would not be contributing to the discussion in a positive way. And you were totally trying to offend people. Don't play that. 

I am totally not trying to offend anyone though..Forums are about expressing your opinion and discuss with other people so I practically GOT asked about my opinion.Anyway let's stop that.. 

What..... I thought he owned the label :emma:

God, labels suck

yeah I was like doesn't he run Cash Money

I'm confused

anyway, I'm sure it's because of their release schedule. With how many songs he creates and how he forces himself and other artists to write :teehee: I'm sure they feel it's not quality

TheOriginalOne

I'm glad to see Gaga isn't the only one that goes through shĂƒÆ’ÂŻt like this

Archived