💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Charli XCX's SUCKER Album Discussion - Out 15th of December

CHANTEL

Featured Posts

can you stop bringng up shampoo in every Charli thread? just stop posting in them. Remain pressed while Charli sits at #6 on Rolling Stones' best albums of 2014 list. And while we're at it, your face is like a worst version of ugly

Sucker

Doing It

there's also a third snippet somewhere online but we don't know for which song yet

Are you trying to defend an artist by calling me ugly? Are you 13?  :smh:  Grow up, kiddo. 

EVERY CHARLI THREAD EVER!

This is the 2nd XCX thread I've ever posted in and I didn't mention Shampoo the first time, that was another user, so sit down.  :later:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's get the thread back on track. :P

It's neat to see Charli getting so much recognition! I saw her with Nick opening for Marina and the Diamonds a couple years ago- she's fun to watch.

True Romance is my all time favorite album. It's SO amazing and deserves way more recognition. I wish Charli was known for songs like 'You're The One', 'Nuclear Seaosns', 'Grins' and 'You (Ha Ha Ha)' and not for 'Boom Clap' and 'Break The Rules'

I JUST LISTENED TO THE WHOLE THING OH MY GOD IT'S PERFECT

Time article:

http://time.com/3616754/charli-xcx-sucker/

Charli does, however, care about the rest of pop music, which she says is overdue for a sea change. Her influence is already taking shape  she’s been tapped to write for Britney Spears and Gwen Stefani, artists she grew up listening to  but she says pop’s obsession with trend-chasing and replicating past successes has, best-case scenario, another five years before listeners outright reject whoever’s phoning it in. “There are a lot of lazy songs  ‘Let’s put a trumpet in or a saxophone, and it’ll be a hit!’†she says. “It gets watered down so much so there’s no realness left in it, or feeling.†(She’s not trying to insult other artists here: “Maybe that’s not the best example,†she quickly backtracks, “because most of the songs out now with trumpets in them are actually kind of alright.â€)

That’s not to say she doesn’t believe in major labels. Charli says she signed with one because she wants budgets for touring, dazzling stage shows and fabulous music videos. She wants to record all over the world and spare few expenses when it comes to her music. But she thinks pop listeners are now hungering for artists who steer their own careers in that regard  artists like Lorde, who critiqued pop’s homogeneity on her 2013 breakout hit, “Royals,†and whom Charli points to as a peer also entering the mainstream strictly on her own terms. “I’m very judgmental of the music industry,†she says. “That’s why I called it Sucker. It’s me pointing the finger and calling everyone a sucker, but at the same time, I’m really aware that I’m part of that pop circus now.â€

In other words: Charli doesn’t want to sabotage pop music  she wants to reform it. She’s already plotting her next move, and it’s yet another 180. Charli says her third album will be heavily inspired by Japanese pop music and will sound like both “another planet up in the clouds†and “intensely weird and childlike.â€

Xgongiviguess

Are you trying to defend an artist by calling me ugly? Are you 13?  :smh:  Grow up, kiddo. 

EVERY CHARLI THREAD EVER!

This is the 2nd XCX thread I've ever posted in and I didn't mention Shampoo the first time, that was another user, so sit down.  :later:

well he is 15 I think :rip:

well he is 15 I think :rip:

sis no need to bring him back into the thread, I already replied and he replied to it :rip:

anyways, what's your most anticipated track :excited2:

Xgongiviguess

sis no need to bring him back into the thread, I already replied and he replied to it :rip:

anyways, what's your most anticipated track :excited2:

Well it was Breaking Up but since that slayage is released now I need Die Tonight in my life

Well it was Breaking Up but since that slayage is released now I need Die Tonight in my life

I'm VERY excited for Sucker, Need Ur Luv and Die Tonight.

I dislike the title 'Hanging Around' tho, it's so plain :rip:

:smh: kids these days  :smh:

why act as if surprised? I did tell you earlier, and please, don't try to act as if age will change anything, I could have been 13 and be very mature or 25 and be immature, age isn't any sort of indicator :toofunny: 

Archived