Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift's '1989' Returns to #1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart!

Pop

Featured Posts

AlphaMonster

ffs i just can't at you getting all your panties in a ****ing wad about a person from GGD commenting that Taylor is the queen of pop. you should really check yourself. Taylor is slaying. Madonna "the queen of pop", simply isn't. And again, the OP has nothing to do with Taylor being a better artist or a better singer over Madonna. That is your opinion. Rihported for off-topic.

Leave

Sorry I can not speak ghettolish... 

But I can answer to part I understood. I did not say Taylor is not "slaying". I am gonna rewrite it again and highlight important points so even you can understand them ... 

I said Taylor is über successful, genuine and friendly.

My first entry was to OP's saying that she is new queen of pop. And I disagreed, explained my point with arguments and examples. At this point you guys came into the topic. Because you were not able to interpret given info and infer what is meant by the person who wrote it. You started talking about how she is selling super good, and very successful which I agree. Please use your brain while you read, differentiate separate terms, points from each other. 

And also if someone says that Taylor is queen of pop, it is related to Madonna. Because she is the one who is widely known as queen of pop.

So I explained why Taylor is not queen of pop ,and what it takes to be queen of pop. 

BYE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I can not speak ghettolish... 

But I can answer to part I understood. I did not say Taylor is not "slaying". I am gonna rewrite again and highlight important points so even you can understand it ... 

I said Taylor is über successful, genuine and friendly.

My first entry was to OP's saying that she is new queen of pop. And I disagreed, explained my point with arguments and examples. At this point you guys came into the topic. Because you were not able to interpret given info and infer what is meant by the person who wrote it. You started talking about how she is selling super good, and very successful which I agree. Please use your brain while you read, differentiate separate terms, points from each other. 

And also if someone says that Taylor is queen of pop, it is related to Madonna. Because she is the one who is widely known as queen of pop.

So I explained why Taylor is not queen of pop ,and what it takes to be queen of pop. 

BYE

Mess at you coming at me with that weak ass shade.

Glee-cory-monteith-finn-hudson-yawn-bore

I have better things to do with my time than to deal with a pressed Madonna stan :kissga:

who will love me when the night is over

AlphaMonster

Mess at you coming at me with that weak ass shade.

I have better things to do with my time than to deal with a pressed Madonna stan 

I am not anyone's stan. Not even Lady Gaga's ... If she stops being creative artist, I would not watch her closely as I do now, but I believe she is always gonna be a qualified artist... 

It is not a shade. I do not bother myself to condescend people I do not even know. You guys are just not be able to understand basic points, infer basic ideas from paragraphs, and this bothers me a lot because you quote me to argue about things I did not even say. I literally spent so much time to explain what you were not able to understand... 

It is about being fanatic. You are just like "sahubuyewbaı taylor not queen qwuybdıuyqwbıdw **** yaaaa"...  Intelligent people are never fanatics.. If you are fanatic, you are close-minded... 

I literally felt like I am giving SAT Critical Reading Tutorial... :smh:

I am not anyone's stan. Not even Lady Gaga's ... If she stops being creative artist, I would not watch her closely as I do now, but I believe she is always gonna be a qualified artist... 

It is not a shade. I do not bother myself to condescend people I do not even know. You guys are just not be able to understand basic points, infer basic ideas from paragraphs, and this bothers me a lot because you quote me to argue about things I did not even say. I literally spent so much time to explain what you were not able to understand... 

It is about being fanatic. You are just like "sahubuyewbaı taylor not queen qwuybdıuyqwbıdw **** yaaaa"...  Intelligent people are never fanatics.. If you are fanatic, you are close-minded... 

I literally felt like I am giving SAT Critical Reading Tutorial... :smh:

You are the one that isn't listening. You just keep going on and on about Madonna being the one true Queen of Pop like some crazy religious fanatic.

Chill out. Have a cup of tea.  :reductive:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Joaco95

i love how gagadaily became taylor daily

oh please. It happens when Gaga becomes irrelevant to news. We done have to talk about her or kiss her ass 24/7

disneyhigh

oh please. It happens when Gaga becomes irrelevant to news. We done have to talk about her or kiss her ass 24/7

who are you? did I @ you or something? just sharing my opinion that you DONT have to agree with. 

Queen of pop?????????????? Queen of CountryGirlTryingToBeAPopstar ...

and yet she probably outsold all of your fave's albums TOGETHER in her first week...gaga's included.

just keeping it real.... don't be delusional. 

are people here calling 1989 a bad album, but insinuating ARTPOP is a good one? because.....

JeffSwift

I never said Taylor is better or worse than Madonna. In fact, like most people, I respect her for all the stuff she's done in the past but I'm not fascinated by her.  

Taylor is a pop star that succeeded on her own without trying to be "the next Madonna" or modelling her career after her. She's 100% herself and doesn't need comparisons with Madonna who used shock tactics to stay relevant.

As you can see, Taylor doesn't need shock tactics or controversy. She simply relies on her talent: writing hit songs.   :kissga:

Love you! <3 

Whispering

Girl, Taylors last THREE albums opened with 1M+ and she's only getting bigger with each one. 

Please do the math. 

I would say Gaga left a bigger mark culturally, though.  :worship2:

The math:

MOST SUCCESSFUL ALBUMS OF THIS DECADE (2010-2014)

01 Adele '21' (XL Recordings) 26,6 million copies

02 Michael Bublé 'Christmas' (Reprise) 8,8 million copies

03 Lady GaGa 'The Fame Monster' (Interscope) 8,1 million copies

04 Justin Bieber 'My Worlds' (Island) 7,5 million copies

05 Eminem 'Recovery' (Aftermath / Interscope) 7,4 million copies

06 Soundtrack 'Frozen' (Walt Disney) 6,7 million copies

07 Bruno Mars 'Doo-Wops & Hooligans' (Atlantic) 6,3 million copies

08 Lady GaGa 'Born This Way' (Interscope) 6,3 million copies

09 Bruno Mars 'Unorthodox Jukebox' (Atlantic) 6,2 million copies

10 Rihanna 'Loud' (Def Jam) 6,2 million copies

Whispering

Swift's return to No. 1 is powered by 339,000 total album equivalent units in the week ending Nov. 30. Of that sum, the majority is pure album sales (281,000).

1989's album sales now stand at 2.5 million after five weeks on sale.

Amazing, especially with the current music climate!

Guess keeping her music off of Spotify didn't really hurt her any, huh? :later:

Archived