💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift's '1989' Returns to #1 on Billboard 200 Albums Chart!

Pop

Featured Posts

Madonna is not nostalgic. Watch the video, I did not give you Like A Prayer performance from Blond Ambition Tour ....

She is still producing new music, she still reinvents herself... When she does a biggest hit tour, you can consider her nostalgic... 

http://vimeo.com/69399627 WATCH IT. And ask yourself if Taylor is closer to do something like that? In my opinion, she does not have that talent or creativity... 

Taylor Swift is definitely not defining this era! She is just successful, good selling pop star. Nobody is gonna be like Taylor Swift is amazing 10 years later. Because she is not amazing or unbelievably good. If you think so give me an example, an argument.... 

Defining an era is something gaga did in early 2010s... example: http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/2733845/Before

She changed the whole pop act. All singers got more marginal styles and stage actings... 

Girl, I don't need to WATCH IT because I attended every single tour she's done since The Reinvention Tour. :rip: And trust me, I know her audience and why most of the people are there. :toofunga:   She puts on a great show, regardless!  :yes:

Also, Taylor will be remembered because  she is NOT like one of the girls listed there. She is staying true to her image and represents the "girl next door" who loves cats and tumblr of our generation. She is not trying to be this shocking performance artist like most pop girls did after Gaga and that's why she's relevant.

And I don't know why you brought Gaga into this considering I agree with you about Gaga's undeniable impact. :rip: 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlphaMonster

Girl, I don't need to WATCH IT because I attended every single tour she's done since The Reinvention Tour. :rip: And trust me, I know her audience and why most of the people are there. :toofunga:   She puts on a great show, regardless!  :yes:

Also, Taylor will be remembered because  she is NOT like one of the girls listed there. She is staying true to her image and represents the "girl next door" who loves cats and tumblr of our generation. She is not trying to be this shocking performance artist like most pop girls did after Gaga and that's why she's relevant.

And I don't know why you brought Gaga into this considering I agree with you about Gaga's undeniable impact. :rip:

You watched all of them but you did not seem like you interpreted information correctly. Because she reinvents herself, comes up with different performances every tour, she is not nostalgic. If you still call it nostalgic I have no word to say.

She is the queen of pop... Taylor is not close to her, Gaga and Beyoncé are probably closest ones thanks to their stage presences... I can come up with examples easily but it is not necessary at this point because we all know how all of their performances are. 

Can you give me an example of girl next door pop star from past who is remembered today if it is the thing that will make her be remembered by people in the future? Being shocking does not mean they are same. They all have different ways, different styles... And also Taylor is relevant because she did a catchy album which also conservatives would like... Also consider that conservatives never ruled the art... You can sell good, that does not make you queen of pop.

also as answer to your last question. I brought Gaga to give an example what means defining an era! Taylor is not defining the era... 

If you are gonna say something or express an idea, do not forget to support them with examples and arguments, otherwise whatever you say sounds totally ignorant.

PS: There is no hate in this thread. Taylor is very successful at the moment, she is genuine, friendly alright. But the discussion topic is a whole different thing than those.. 

no thats gaga and dont give me ARTPOP receipt please dont be delusional 

no that's Taylor. Gaga is a total flawless icon of the 00s and pop music in general, and her sales were really good, but nobody has the sales or success that Taylor has these days. She has been selling like crazy since 2009

who will love me when the night is over

You watched all of them but you did not seem like you interpreted information correctly. Because she reinvents herself, comes up with different performances every tour, she is not nostalgic. If you still call it nostalgic I have no word to say.

She is the queen of pop... Taylor is not close to her, Gaga and Beyoncé are probably closest ones thanks to their stage presences... I can come up with examples easily but it is not necessary at this point because we all know how all of their performances are. 

Can you give me an example of girl next door pop star from past who is remembered today if it is the thing that will make her be remembered by people in the future? Being shocking does not mean they are same. They all have different ways, different styles... And also Taylor is relevant because she did a catchy album which also conservatives would like... Also consider that conservatives never ruled the art... You can sell good, that does not make you queen of pop.

also as answer to your last question. I brought Gaga to give an example what means defining an era! Taylor is not defining the era... 

If you are gonna say something or express an idea, do not forget to support them with examples and arguments, otherwise whatever you say sounds totally ignorant.

Trust me, 99% of the people going to see Madonna don't go "Oh! I love her reinvention as a teenage cheerleader in GMAYL so I must see her live!". :dies: They go see her live to see her perform the old hits and yes, while she remixes the songs and adds different cultural flares to the performance - it's still her selling tickets based on her former glory.

The opening track of '1989' talks about gay and lesbian relationships... not very "conservative" or republican.   :confused:

Just accept the fact that she's a successful singer-songwriter who turned herself into a huge superstar by writing songs, playing her guitar and being herself. She's an extremely positive influence on young people. 

Don't be so pressed because I used the "queen of pop" title. There can be many queens all at once. You sound like a pressed Madonna stan. 

We really don't need people like you with your long ass essays about how Taylor is basic, bland, does not deserve her success and can't sing paired with Gaga and Madonna comparisons that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP. If you don't like Taylor don't derail the threads with your unwanted opinion.

However, if you decide to stay, accept the fact that Taylor is slaying right now, like she does every era, and Madonna is not better than her even if her tours have more pyro and ****.

Queen of pop?????????????? Queen of CountryGirlTryingToBeAPopstar ...

Her first pop album had bigger first week sales that those of Prism, Bangerz, My Everything and ARTPOP combined and they are established pop acts. She has sold 2.5 million copies in five weeks :toofunny:

Next

AlphaMonster

Trust me, 99% of the people going to see Madonna don't go "Oh! I love her reinvention as a teenage cheerleader in GMAYL so I must see her live!". :dies: They go see her live to see her perform the old hits and yes, while she remixes the songs and adds different cultural flares to the performance - it's still her selling tickets based on her former glory.

The opening track of '1989' talks about gay and lesbian relationships... not very "conservative" or republican.   :confused:

Just accept the fact that she's a successful singer-songwriter who turned herself into a huge superstar by writing songs, playing her guitar and being herself. She's an extremely positive influence on young people. 

This is 2014. People know her setlist before going to show. Plus Madonna's glory is about herself, her stage acts, her artistry... Not about the time... She is famous for like a prayer not only because that like a prayer was a huge hit(It was not as huge as call me maybe for example) ... Because it was special, its video, its message! People do not go see her because she sold so much in the past. Your point is irrelevant.

She had much more no1s... Why not Music or into the groove but like a prayer ? Because its about message not only about being hit !!!

Not all conservatives are super gay haters. Compared to other pop stars, she is still the most conservative pop star. She also performed at Republican Party congress in the past. Also conservative does not have to mean politically conservative only... Give an example to that population: soccer moms... 

I am sorry if it is offensive but use your brain while reading. I said billion times ! She is a successful pop star! I actually said she is über successful ! I said she is friendly and genuine too... 

BUT discussion point was her being biggest star, queen of pop,  which she is not close and she will never be close if she does not improve herself... 

We really don't need people like you with your long ass essays about how Taylor is basic, bland, does not deserve her success and can't sing paired with Gaga and Madonna comparisons that have absolutely nothing to do with the OP. If you don't like Taylor don't derail the threads with your unwanted opinion.

However, if you decide to stay, accept the fact that Taylor is slaying right now, like she does every era, and Madonna is not better than her even if her tours have more pyro and ****.

Ignorance is so high... 

Again, I said she is über successful, I do not care if she is successful. I am not the one who decides!

My point is about her being queen of pop.

And if you say Madonna is not better than her, you need some more iq points... Madonna's cultural, political influence is probably more than some US presidents ! She is a true artist, she is not just a singer.  

Queen of pop?????????????? Queen of CountryGirlTryingToBeAPopstar ...

Trying?  :lmao:

If this slayage is "trying" to be a pop star, then what are the real pop girls doing? :rip:

Ignorance is so high... 

Again, I said she is über successful, I do not care if she is successful. I am not the one who decides!

My point is about her being queen of pop.

And if you say Madonna is not better than her, you need some more iq points... Madonna's cultural, political influence is probably more than some US presidents ! She is a true artist, she is not just a singer.  

ffs i just can't at you getting all your panties in a ****ing wad about a person from GGD commenting that Taylor is the queen of pop. you should really check yourself. Taylor is slaying. Madonna "the queen of pop", simply isn't. And again, the OP has nothing to do with Taylor being a better artist or a better singer over Madonna. That is your opinion. Rihported for off-topic.

Leave

I never said Taylor is better or worse than Madonna. In fact, like most people, I respect her for all the stuff she's done in the past but I'm not fascinated by her.  

Taylor is a pop star that succeeded on her own without trying to be "the next Madonna" or modelling her career after her. She's 100% herself and doesn't need comparisons with Madonna who used shock tactics to stay relevant.

As you can see, Taylor doesn't need shock tactics or controversy. She simply relies on her talent: writing hit songs.   :kissga:

I never said Taylor is better or worse than Madonna. In fact, like most people, I respect her for all the stuff she's done in the past but I'm not fascinated by her.  

Taylor is a pop star that succeeded on her own without trying to be "the next Madonna" or modelling her career after her. She's 100% herself and doesn't need comparisons with Madonna who used shock tactics to stay relevant.

As you can see, Taylor doesn't need shock tactics or controversy. She simply relies on her talent: writing hit songs.   :kissga:

I think that part was aimed at me. But whatever this guy is so annoying

AlphaMonster

That was not an answer to you !  anyways ... Take care

Archived