Police Issues and Racial Profiling Protest Discussion

lego

Featured Posts

Isn't this an alleged form of institutionalized racism ? How do we go about reducing racial profiling among law enforcement? Isn't that what all this boils down to? Local authorities are there to serve and protect everyone under their jurisdiction. They do a tough job that isn't always cut and dry, but they need to apply the same justice and treatment to everyone.

Be true to your convictions
  • Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince

The building that burned down was a Little Caesar's. Walgreens, O'Reilly Auto Parts, convenience stores, restaurants, other businesses all looted or vandalized.

2 more buildings on fire.

DrewStevens

The building that burned down was a Little Caesar's. Walgreens, O'Reilly Auto Parts, convenience stores, restaurants, other businesses all looted or vandalized.

2 more buildings on fire.

This is so wrong. Do they even think about the people who work there?

Why would they beef up security a week in advance, come to a decision this morning, and wait until 9PM at night to hold a press conference revealing their choice? Why not tell us in the afternoon after their choice? Why wait until nightfall? Were they purposely waiting until night when everyone was going to show up to get a reaction?

Also, in the conference they discussed the convenience store where Brown had been at prior to his death; where he caused trouble by getting physical with the store manager. Later then after that footage had been released, police confirmed (yes they confirmed this) that that event had no relation to Brown being killed. So why did they bring that up during the press conference tonight? They also blamed social media and news outlets for allegedly enflaming the whole situation, all while basically calling Brown's witnesses liars who were inconsistent while hailing Wilson's witnesses as more consistent... even when some of them weren't even present.

This whole situation was bound to have a domino affect and I have reason to believe they wanted this to happen. And unfortunately it did, which doesn't sit well with me considering his family did not want this to happen. Right before Thanksgiving too? Hm.

Isn't this an alleged form of institutionalized racism ? How do we go about reducing racial profiling among law enforcement? Isn't that what all this boils down to? Local authorities are there to serve and protect everyone under their jurisdiction. They do a tough job that isn't always cut and dry, but they need to apply the same justice and treatment to everyone.

That's the thing. A lot of the people who have never had run-ins with officers believe that victims of police brutality were the ones enflaming the situation. Even when there's full video of the incident, people will still believe the cop over victims. In regards to the institutionalize racism, there's been studies showing that some white people view black people as stronger and aren't susceptible to much harm, as well as other studies showing some whites feel less empathy for a victim if they are black (similar to men and women when discussing s-xism). It's a stereotype to believe Blacks are dangerous and violent, but it's a strong one that's carried on for generations and plaguing many innocent blacks. It's scary. 

The cops in Ferg. who were there during the rough days of the riots were not wearing their badges. Also, when body cams were implemented, they weren't even being on.

i need to finish my exam ffs

And how do they think this rioting is going to accomplish anything? There will be a lot more people in jail now.

Mars..........or bust!

Why would they beef up security a week in advance, come to a decision this morning, and wait until 9PM at night to hold a press conference revealing their choice? Why not tell us in the afternoon after their choice? Why wait until nightfall? Were they purposely waiting until night when everyone was going to show up to get a reaction?

Also, in the conference they discussed the convenience store where Brown had been at prior to his death; where he caused trouble by getting physical with the store manager. Later then after that footage had been released, police confirmed (yes they confirmed this) that that event had no relation to Brown being killed. So why did they bring that up during the press conference tonight? They also blamed social media and news outlets for allegedly enflaming the whole situation, all while basically calling Brown's witnesses liars who were inconsistent while hailing Wilson's witnesses as more consistent... even when some of them weren't even present.

This whole situation was bound to have a domino affect and I have reason to believe they wanted this to happen. And unfortunately it did, which doesn't sit well with me considering his family did not want this to happen. Right before Thanksgiving too? Hm.

That's the thing. A lot of the people who have never had run-ins with officers believe that victims of police brutality were the ones enflaming the situation. Even when there's full video of the incident, people will still believe the cop over victims. In regards to the institutionalize racism, there's been studies showing that some white people view black people as stronger and aren't susceptible to much harm, as well as other studies showing some whites feel less empathy for a victim if they are black (similar to men and women when discussing s-xism). It's a stereotype to believe Blacks are dangerous and violent, but it's a strong one that's carried on for generations and plaguing many innocent blacks. It's scary. 

The cops in Ferg. who were there during the rough days of the riots were not wearing their badges. Also, when body cams were implemented, they weren't even being on.

i need to finish my exam ffs

According to several news sources the local school district asked them to hold the press conference later in the day so that no children were hurt in the riots, they wanted to give parents enough time to pick their children up from school and after school activities. If they had made the announcement in the after noon as you suggested there would be children smack dab in the middle of those riots. You are jumping to conclusions. 

According to several news sources the local school district asked them to hold the press conference later in the day so that no children were hurt in the riots, they wanted to give parents enough time to pick their children up from school and after school activities. If they had made the announcement in the after noon as you suggested there would be children smack dab in the middle of those riots. You are jumping to conclusions. 

There were actual plans to cancel schools (both Monday and Tuesday) last-week Thursday. But they did not go on with them. Not jumping to conclusions, just observing what's going on, Skank.

There were actual plans to cancel schools (both Monday and Tuesday) last-week Thursday. But they did not go on with them. Not jumping to conclusions, just observing what's going on, Skank.

The Jennings School District (which includes students from Ferguson) did in fact cancel classes today (Monday), and the Ferguson-Florissant school district canceled classes tomorrow (Tuesday). Holding the press conference in the afternoon as you suggested would have put children in the middle of a dangerous situation. That is why they chose to do it in the evening (as reported by CNN and MSNBC.)

Your observations are clouded by your personal bias of the situation. 

The Jennings School District (which includes students from Ferguson) did in fact cancel classes today (Monday), and the Ferguson-Florissant school district canceled classes tomorrow (Tuesday). Holding the press conference in the afternoon as you suggested would have put children in the middle of a dangerous situation. That is why they chose to do it in the evening (as reported by CNN and MSNBC.)

Your observations are clouded by your personal bias of the situation. 

And as I said before, they were beefing up security weeks in advance, which makes me believe they already had their answer and were planning on having outlets cover the decision and the aftermath. If it's a personal bias, let it be a personal bias, but these guys have had a history of lies. See this, where Ferguson officers charged a man for bleeding on their uniform. Sorry for believing there's something fishy going on when things like that have happened in the same place.

We can keep this replying spree going, and I'll still have something to say. I'm a black guy living in Milwaukee where another Black guy by the name of Dontre Hamilton (with Mental illness) was wrongfully killed at the hands of an officer. (Thankfully, one who was fired) That happened close to where I live and walk around daily. Sorry if me being upset and passionate about something that affects me makes you feel a certain way. It's my everyday life and I see this **** like this happening all the time and I'm sick of it. 

Redstreak

New photos of Darren Wilson's injuries, or lack thereof... 

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/537089986060111872

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/537091624481091585

And honestly, it's more telling that people are more disgusting over the rioting, which should not be happening, I agree, than the actual outcome itself. I swear, I think some people think blacks exaggerate racism, but it's existing every single day, even if it isn't blatant. It makes me sick to the point I feel like I won't even make it to see 30 living here.

Exactly, if you can't at least understand the mindset of why they're angry...

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

And as I said before, they were beefing up security weeks in advance, which makes me believe they already had their answer and were planning on having outlets cover the decision and the aftermath. If it's a personal bias, let it be a personal bias, but these guys have had a history of lies. See this, where Ferguson officers charged a man for bleeding on their uniform. Sorry for believing there's something fishy going on when things like that have happened in the same place.

We can keep this replying spree going, and I'll still have something to say. I'm a black guy living in Milwaukee where another Black guy by the name of Dontre Hamilton (with Mental illness) was wrongfully killed at the hands of an officer. (Thankfully, one who was fired) That happened close to where I live and walk around daily. Sorry if me being upset and passionate about something that affects me makes you feel a certain way. It's my everyday life and I see this **** like this happening all the time and I'm sick of it. 

Your distrust of the American Judicial system is totally warranted and I agree with your sentiments, but I think you are making a lot of uniformed remarks which tarnishes your opinions. An example...

Also, in the conference they discussed the convenience store where Brown had been at prior to his death; where he caused trouble by getting physical with the store manager. Later then after that footage had been released, police confirmed (yes they confirmed this) that that event had no relation to Brown being killed. So why did they bring that up during the press conference tonight?

He didn't cause trouble by getting psychical with the store manager, he was a suspect in robbing the store. This was brought up tonight in the press conference because for the first time it was made public that Officer Wilson thought Brown was a suspect in that robbery based on the fact he was carrying a box of cigarillos, which had been reported as stolen.

Edited: To sound like less of a douche.

Archived