Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Jared Leto confirmed as The Joker in Suicide Squad

Hellspont

Featured Posts

This so much.

DC is starting so late. Almost 10 years late. Marvel has already snatched that wig. And I think they are totally screwing it up because the Marvel Universe, as fantastic as it is, was built bits by bits, over the course of several years. DC is just doing all at once, and they won't be able to test things out with audiences, like Marvel did, because by the time the movies will roll out it will be too late. I mean, Man of Steel wasn't that well received. And I think it's really disgusting that DC is just blatantly copying Marvel instead of doing its own thing.

Except Marvel started with smaller movies and built up to Avengers whereas DC is starting with a big movie and breaking into smaller movies... Besides the TV shows they have help establish familiarity of the characters to the GP

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except Marvel started with smaller movies and built up to Avengers whereas DC is starting with a big movie and breaking into smaller movies... Besides the TV shows they have help establish familiarity of the characters to the GP

I understand what you mean but I wouldn't call a movie with two superheroes in it something big like the Avengers. Man of Steel was just like Iron Man in terms of size. And the TV shows have no connection to the DC Universe (which I think is a bad idea) so it will just be confusing. But my point was, be it big to small movies, they won't be able to test things out because they are producing all at once to try to get a leg up from Marvel. We all saw the mess that happened with Amazing Spider Man 2 and the mess that still keeps happening because fans didn't like where the story and all the mythological aspect of it was going. DC can't afford a mistake like that.

who will love me when the night is over

I understand what you mean but I wouldn't call a movie with two superheroes in it something big like the Avengers. Man of Steel was just like Iron Man in terms of size. And the TV shows have no connection to the DC Universe (which I think is a bad idea) so it will just be confusing. But my point was, be it big to small movies, they won't be able to test things out because they are producing all at once to try to get a leg up from Marvel. We all saw the mess that happened with Amazing Spider Man 2 and the mess that still keeps happening because fans didn't like where the story and all the mythological aspect of it was going. DC can't afford a mistake like that.

I know what you mean too... But the advantage DC has is that superman and batman are so widely loved characters it will for sure draw in audiences.... Abd wonder woman is gonna be in the movies too and most of the GP have at least heard of her and know generally what her powers are about (even if they don't know her backstory)

Plus even though the universes are not connected (the cartoons abd TV shows vs the movies) DC has been so successful in the past with their Justice League cartoons or cartoons like Young Justice or TV shows like Smallville and Arrow that I feel the GP is familiar enough with the characters to care to pay a ticket to watch the movie.

But I get what you are saying... DC may be able to draw in the audiences... But they have huge pressure to deliver given they have failed in the past (ex Green Lantern being the most recent)

Alcina Dimitrescu

"Two superheroes"? Its Batman and Superman. Those two alone can take down half of marvel cast.

zexion_armando

Lol Batman and Superman could take down half the Marvel cast? In terms of what? Popularity? In the past 5 years, Iron Man alone has proved to be an extremely prolific hero, with all 3 of his movies grossing high, and doing really well in foreign markets. Same goes for Cap and even GotG. Power wise? Plot armor are the only reason Batman and Superman do well. And Batman and Superman haven't had a good movie since the 20th century...

Lol Batman and Superman could take down half the Marvel cast? In terms of what?Popularity? In the past 5 years, Iron Man alone has proved to be an extremely prolific hero, with all 3 of his movies grossing high, and doing really well in foreign markets. Same goes for Cap and even GotG.Power wise? Plot armor are the only reason Batman and Superman do well.And Batman and Superman haven't had a good movie since the 20th century...

You gotta be kidding... All of Nolan's movies have been pretty good and well received

yASSsss

suicide squad is a movie or a tv series(like gotham) ??  :giveup:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

disneyhigh

Garbage movie confirmed.

Its sad when a CW show knows how to do a better Suicide Squad than the multimillion dollar movie.

you seen the movie?

Archived