đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

July 8 - Copenhagen, Denmark

Jesus

Featured Posts

JohnDoe

Hi, for those of you going from out of town, here are a few unofficial travel tips for the Copenhagen C2C concert:

General: Beware of pickpockets and other tricksters invading Copenhagen at this time of year, if you are from out of the country try not to be confused with one.

By plane:

Fly to CPH Airport Kastrup (avoid Ryanair, lots of trouble these weeks), exit through customs, you are now probably in Terminal 3 (if not, go there first).  Walk to the middle of the triangular hall and buy a train ticket for Copenhagen (around €5 each way, valid 1 hour from payment or around €11 for a 24-hour "city pass"), then walk to the far end of the hall and down the stairs/lift to platform 2 towards Copenhagen.  Board the train and proceed to next tip.

By train:

Disembark at Copenhagen Central Station (København H or KBH H), walk towards the big station building and up the stairs (lifts behind the stairs for wheelchairs and the elderly).  Turn right (signs point to "Bernstorffsgade") and walk to the end of the hall, out the door and across the street to the Tivoli entrance.  Show your concert ticket to get in.  I haven't checked the wheelchair access at that side of the train station, but it is probably ok.

By taxi (expensive):

Take the taxi to the big taxi area at Copenhagen Central Station, once out of the Taxi, cross the street to Tivoli.  Show your concert ticket to get in.  If you are in a wheelchair, try to get dropped off at the "main" Tivoli entrance on Vesterbrogade to avoid the stairs.

Once at Tivoli:

Show your concert ticket to get in.  If you are in a wheelchair, you may need staff assistance to get past the stairs to the main park level, but you should be able to roll anywhere after that, try grabbing a place close to the stage for best view (after getting your wrist band, see below).

If you entered across from the central station as suggested you are now slightly to the right of concert entrance 6 on the concert map.

If you arrive before 18:00, go to the tent in front of the Pantomime Theater and swap you concert ticket for a concert wrist band.  If you arrive after 18:00 walk straight to the fenced off area in front of the stage and change your ticket to a wrist band at any of the concert entrances (entrances 3 and 5 on their map will be open all night, others as needed).

If you arrive early, note that food, drink, smokes and amusement rides are not included in the concert ticket.  Smoking is outdoor only (due to wooden buildings) and not allowed at the Rasmus Klump playground (Petzi's World), but OK in most other parts of the park, weed is not legal.  Because the concert is late (sources says 22:00 to midnight), you should eat before the concert, not after, don't bring your own booze and leave your pets at home (guide dogs for the blind are OK).  Food and drink inside Tivoli is generally more expensive than outside, choices range from affordable hot dogs (one hot dog stand has prices from €5 to €10) to actual gourmet restaurants, so always check the price before ordering.

Official dress code: Bare feet and/or bare torso not allowed in the park, in general, keep your clothes on.

Almost none of the above applies to Tony, GaGa and their band (obviously).

Weather at the concert is currently expected to be around 15 C with a light drizzle, check the link for updated forecasts.

• Like 4

JohnDoe

16 DAYS :shocked:

BTW, guys, does anyone know where does she usually stay in Copenhagen?

In 2012 she stayed at Hotel St.Petri, in 2008 at Hotel Phoenix, I am not sure where she stayed in 2009.  This from a bit of googling.  Maybe Tony will suggest an older hotel this time.

• Like 1

Hi, for those of you going from out of town, here are a few unofficial travel tips for the Copenhagen C2C concert:

General: Beware of pickpockets and other tricksters invading Copenhagen at this time of year, if you are from out of the country try not to be confused with one.

By plane:

Fly to CPH Airport Kastrup (avoid Ryanair, lots of trouble these weeks), exit through customs, you are now probably in Terminal 3 (if not, go there first).  Walk to the middle of the triangular hall and buy a train ticket for Copenhagen (around €5 each way, valid 1 hour from payment or around €11 for a 24-hour "city pass"), then walk to the far end of the hall and down the stairs/lift to platform 2 towards Copenhagen.  Board the train and proceed to next tip.

By train:

Disembark at Copenhagen Central Station (København H or KBH H), walk towards the big station building and up the stairs (lifts behind the stairs for wheelchairs and the elderly).  Turn right (signs point to "Bernstorffsgade") and walk to the end of the hall, out the door and across the street to the Tivoli entrance.  Show your concert ticket to get in.  I haven't checked the wheelchair access at that side of the train station, but it is probably ok.

By taxi (expensive):

Take the taxi to the big taxi area at Copenhagen Central Station, once out of the Taxi, cross the street to Tivoli.  Show your concert ticket to get in.  If you are in a wheelchair, try to get dropped off at the "main" Tivoli entrance on Vesterbrogade to avoid the stairs.

Once at Tivoli:

Show your concert ticket to get in.  If you are in a wheelchair, you may need staff assistance to get past the stairs to the main park level, but you should be able to roll anywhere after that, try grabbing a place close to the stage for best view (after getting your wrist band, see below).

If you entered across from the central station as suggested you are now slightly to the right of concert entrance 6 on the concert map.

If you arrive before 18:00, go to the tent in front of the Pantomime Theater and swap you concert ticket for a concert wrist band.  If you arrive after 18:00 walk straight to the fenced off area in front of the stage and change your ticket to a wrist band at any of the concert entrances (entrances 3 and 5 on their map will be open all night, others as needed).

If you arrive early, note that food, drink, smokes and amusement rides are not included in the concert ticket.  Smoking is outdoor only (due to wooden buildings) and not allowed at the Rasmus Klump playground (Petzi's World), but OK in most other parts of the park, weed is not legal.  Because the concert is late (sources says 22:00 to midnight), you should eat before the concert, not after, don't bring your own booze and leave your pets at home (guide dogs for the blind are OK).  Food and drink inside Tivoli is generally more expensive than outside, choices range from affordable hot dogs (one hot dog stand has prices from €5 to €10) to actual gourmet restaurants, so always check the price before ordering.

Official dress code: Bare feet and/or bare torso not allowed in the park, in general, keep your clothes on.

Weather at the concert is currently expected to be around 15 C with a light drizzle, check the link for updated forecasts.

isn't 20:00 the entrance time? It says 8pm on the Tivoli site.

JohnDoe

isn't 20:00 the entrance time? It says 8pm on the Tivoli site.

Strangely, Tivoli has posted different times on the English and Danish versions of their website.  I have tried to get as close as I can, but can't be sure.  Fortunately, those 18/19/20 times are just when ticket handling moves from the tent to the actual fence around the audience zone, so they are not that critical.  You can get in and get the wristband as soon as the park opens at 11:00.  If the fence around the audience area isn't up that early, you may have to step out and in again so they can check that you are wearing the access wristband.  If the fence is already closed during the afternoon, you may have to stay in the rest of the park until the fence opens around 18:00 or 20:00, but that's where all the fun is anyway.

Another inconsistency is that the website says they close the whole park down at 23:00 every Wednesday, but I was told at the box office that they will stay open till midnight on the 8th due to the concert.

Disclaimer: I have not actually seen the new setup with the fence that they introduced this year.  In the past, concerts at that stage were simply included in the price of admission to the park, and the audience was free to roam between amusements, restaurants and the area in front of the stage.  That old setup was the one that they had when I saw Phil Collins on his big band tour and when I was part of the about 70.000 audience for one of local EDM band Infernal's numerous appearances on that stage.

• Like 1

artRAVE

Just got my E-mail from Tivoli about the concert.. soo excited!:party:

What time are everyone planning to come to Tivoli?

Schwerk

Thank you for all the info! I'm very excited to be here in Kopenhagen, its my first time in Denmark. Can't wait to see the show, Tivoli looks like such a pretty place.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch
  • Like 1

Noelle

By plane:

By train:

By taxi (expensive):

Once at Tivoli:

thank you so much for all of this info! I legitimately freaked out when I got a whole email in Danish and Google translate couldn't really help me figure out what it said haha! I'm coming from the Netherlands to copenhagen tomorrow with a backpack. Planning on travelling through Scandinavia cheap as possible. If anyone wants to hang out tomorrow just before the concert let me know :) 

oh by the way, I was planning on flying Ryan air to London from Oslo in two weeks. Is there a problem with ryan air then you reckon? :( xx 

alposnacks

So what is the best way to ensure a good spot? Arrive at 11 a57 cours emile zolamd queue at the stage? 

Oh, Copenhagen is such a nice place. We arrived this morning. It was a sunny day until the afternoon when it rained a little.

Tivoli is SOOO BEAUTIFUL. they were setting the lighting up for tomorrow already. :wao:

i really hope that the weather forecast somehow changes for the evening tomorrow.

btw, do any of you know when she's arriving and where is she going to stay?

also, when are you planning to line up?

artRAVE

Oh, Copenhagen is such a nice place. We arrived this morning. It was a sunny day until the afternoon when it rained a little.

Tivoli is SOOO BEAUTIFUL. they were setting the lighting up for tomorrow already. :wao:

i really hope that the weather forecast somehow changes for the evening tomorrow.

btw, do any of you know when she's arriving and where is she going to stay?

also, when are you planning to line up?

A lot of people are saying that se is going to stay at the Skt. Petri, and I think there was some people outside waiting today.. But I'm not sure!

Im also wondering when everyone are planning to line up! Since the weather forecast is so bad I'm thinking about arriving to Tivoli in the late afternoon, but I haven't decided yet.. How about you? 

Has anyone arrived to Tivoli yet? 

There was a very short queue outside the park before the park even opened up at 11. I recall seeing one of the monster pit key holders. I don't think there's a lot of people there due to the weather being crap.

Edited by Jesus