đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

RollingStone's Best 50 Albums of 2014 revealed (Charli XCX, FKA twigs included)

Skins

Featured Posts

720x405-hp_feature-lead_v2.jpg

2014 was another phenomenal year for music, illuminating darkness when it often seemed that the only light was from buildings burning in Ferguson, Missouri. Veterans like U2, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Jackson Browne and Leonard Cohen were showing the youngsters how it's done, but classic rock was being revived in more unlikely ways too: the Eighties impressionist guitar choogle of the War on Drugs, Ought's word-drunk post-punk, Perfume Genius' arty glam rock and Eric Church's country arena-rock.

The year was dominated on nearly every other front by young women: Charli XCX's reinvention of punk-pop, Miranda Lambert's Nashville platinum-blonde ambition, St. Vincent's indie-rock apotheosis, FKA Twigs' haunting avant-R&B and, above all, Taylor Swift's unstoppable pop juggernaut. The politically charged hip-hop of Public Enemy found a new-school parallel in Run the Jewels, the storytelling Los Angeles breeze of Dr. Dre found new life in YG and Flying Lotus took rhymes and beats into spectacularly abstract territory. Here's 50 albums that we wouldn't turn down.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-albums-of-2014-20141201/

16. FKA twigs - LP1
10. Taylor Swift - 1989
7. Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
6. Charli XCX - Sucker

1. U2 - Songs of Innocence

Tragic list. Rolling Stone losing credibility as always

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That list is tragic. :rip:

I mean, the chosen albums are fine in general, but the ranking... did they use coin flipping to decide? :santaney:

Tove Lo

This is just a bad list.

Only thing worth being on there is Ultraviolence.

hop on that **** like a maniac

Vernier

St. Vincent. Yasssssssssssssssssss :applause:

Basically the only good thing about that was that it was listed in one page and I didn't have to go through a slideshow :madge:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

this is hillarious! :lmao:

Sucker isn't even out yet

1989 in top 10?!

Ghost Stories, Skrillex? Seriously?

U2 at #1?!

Where's Sia? Where's Azealia?

I agree about UV though... :hor:

Wow @ them putting an album in the top ten that hasn't even been released yet

Glad to see Lana, Twigs, Flying Lotus, Aphex Twin & Damon Albarn on there tho

They should've included PARTYNEXTDOOR Two and Yung Lean's new album. Cannot fathom 1989 being above LP1.

1989 should have been higher :madge: Still, Taylor always makes the RS list, bless her.

But this year it's such a flop list. Ultraviolence at #7 and Songs of Innocence #1 :bye:

who will love me when the night is over

Archived