Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

GagaDaily's 24 Days of Christmas: Day 24: Merry Christmas!

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas

Day 24

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, HAPPY HANNUKAH, FELIZ NAVIDAD!

:party:

11u95ya.jpg

Don't Give Up (Demo film featuring Nathan Ferraro of Midway State) circa 2008:

2ujjm6o.jpg

A rare look at Gaga from the Fame era, performing a cover of a Peter Gabriel duet with Kate Bush, entitled, "Don't Give Up". This film was lost for many years online but resurfaced in 2012 on YouTube. This particular film is of a higher quality than the 2012 leak.

Enjoy this inspirational and tender love song, something that showcases Gaga's true sweet nature.

From GagaPedia:

The idea for a collaboration with Gaga came from Martin Kierszenbaum, the A&R person for both artists at Cherrytree Records in 2008. "He introduced the two of us," Nathan Ferraro said, from The Midway State. "We had this idea for a collaboration on this Peter Gabriel song," he added. "We met [Lady Gaga] in New York and we talked about it. When we finished [recording], we were both super into it so shortly thereafter we recorded a video for the song [in L.A.]." Midway State recorded the song in Toronto with co-producer Gavin Brown, and Lady Gaga cut her part satellite style in Los Angeles. "We were kind of scared in the beginning to try to live up to something like that, but it's modern and different," Ferraro says of the cover. "We added synths. We made it something you could slow dance to in the club." "It was really exciting doing that collaboration with Nathan," Gaga told Spinner [Magazine]. "I love that song so much. I really let Midway State take the lead. I wanted it to be more pop -- something that young people would hear and learn something about Kate Bush."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpP7gSK-95w

If you want to download the Mp3, you can do so here and here:

Don't Give Up (Demo Version) circa 2008

http://soundcloud.com/chicaskas4/dont-give-up-demo-version

And, last but not least.... 

A SPECIAL BONUS DOWNLOAD for CHRISTMAS.....

A brand new release by our own remixer U-Go-Boy, of the FAME MONSTER !

16275er.jpg

20rmd6c.jpg

A Special Message from U-Go-Boy

"Hey guys!

This is "The Fame Mons†er: The U-GO-BOY Remixes 2.0". A few years ago I remixed the Fame Monster EP which was very well received and so I thought it would be a great idea to do it again. Over the years I've improved A LOT and was influenced by a lot of new sounds which I wanted to show you.

Every remix has it's own distinctive sound i.e. Bad Romance has influences of Disco, So Happy I Could Die is very relaxing and Trance-y and Telephone is the most experimental thing I've ever done!

Thanks so much for your support. This has been a great year for me.

I've got to be on Radio ARTPOP which was so much fun and my debut album is coming out early next year so watch out for that! :)

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!"

​- Matt (U-GO-BOY)

DOWNLOAD the WHOLE SET here  from Zippyshare!

And lastly.....

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you, and we hope you enjoyed the 24 Days of Christmas at GagaDaily this year, where we are so glad to have brought you this advent calendar event for 5 years in a row. Thank you to all of our anonymous and credited donors, without you, Christmas would have been less sparkly and shiny, so we appreciate all you do for us!

Seasons Greetings and all the best from the GagaDaily Mod Team and myself!

Yours, 

-- Chica

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teri Hatcher

sigh 

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

Tropico

This is gonna come across as aggresive but I don't really care so here goes. If you don't like what you've got, why come here and belittle the tremendous amount of effort Chica has put in which MANY of us have enjoyed. You don't have to like everything but don't drag down the mood if you don't. Just go complain in another thread. :) And I'm personally grateful for everything we've got (even if I can't use everything, because my family wouldn't be too happy about my overly decorating our family tree with Gaga ornaments :lmao:). So please, take your high expectation elsewhere. :)

And you're crazy if you think we're just gonna get a new Gaga song like Ratchet. :smh:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Teri Hatcher

This is gonna come across as aggresive but I don't really care so here goes. If you don't like what you've got, why come here and belittle the tremendous amount of effort Chica has put in which MANY of us have enjoyed. You don't have to like everything but don't drag down the mood if you don't. Just go complain in another thread. :) And I'm personally grateful for everything we've got (even if I can't use everything, because my family wouldn't be too happy about my overly decorating our family tree with Gaga ornaments :lmao:). So please, take your high expectation elsewhere. :)

And you're crazy if you think we're just gonna get a new Gaga song like Ratchet. :smh:

kthnxbye

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

Tropico

OMG I loved the ARTPOP x EDM album so I'm excited to hear this one. :party:

I'll have to download it later when I'm on my computer tho. :giveup:

Thank you to everyone who helped with this and especially to Chica for always giving us something. :party:

Next time, I'm gonna snatch the Christmas Tree.

:creepflop:

kthnxbye

It just dawned on me that I'm probably dealing with some high maintence 12 year old with access to the internet. Enjoy your pessimistic life. :)

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

ChicaSkas

thank you...

sigh

I'm sorry, kiddo, I can't make water into wine, and I can't bring what everyone wants. If you don't like it, don't bring everyone else down with your sighs. No one is a miracle worker here, and just because this community was spoiled rotten for 3 leak-heavy years does NOT mean that can be continued.
Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Teri Hatcher

OMG I loved the ARTPOP x EDM album so I'm excited to hear this one. :party:

I'll have to download it later when I'm on my computer tho. :giveup:

Thank you to everyone who helped with this and especially to Chica for always giving us something. :party:

Next time, I'm gonna snatch the Christmas Tree. :creep:

It just dawned on me that I'm probably dealing with some high maintence 12 year old with access to the internet. Enjoy your pessimistic life. :)

ok are you done? 

ChicaSkas

Thank you! But the video doesn't work :(

verrrry strange. try this

here

Christmas has always been my fave time of year on GGD purely for this thread, Chica thank you so much for putting together these goodies for us year after year and thank you to those who gift remixes and media. The ARTPOP EDM album for day 14 was a highlight, thank you to UGoBOY for creating it!

Hope everyone has a great Christmas! :sara:

ChicaSkas

Thank you!! It worked.

The youtube video is blocked in France ;)

This film is already all over Youtube, since 2012.. weird that this should be taken down, it's the same film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpjCOV8esMM

ChicaSkas

For the 24th day, I'd like to give everyone a second gift... Dope instrumental in 320 kbps for download. The leaked version is 192 kbps, and this is HQ and great for filtering.

Hope everyone enjoys!

https://soundcloud.com/haus-of-retrograde/dope-instrumental

its gone... :cry: (and I thought you had me give this on Dope All Killer No Filler day?) :teehee:

Archived