• Sex Dreams
    • Gypsy
    • Venus

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robotboy

you captured all of the songs who should have been singels.. lmao she could have switched her biggest hits for these and maybe be even bigger if thats possible :queenga:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

liquidsunshine

Gypsy no doubt. The lyrics are so sweet and really shows a lovely side of her and has a good potential to be an infectious radio single.

Gypsy, Venus and Scheiße :emo: :emo:

lmfao @ Starstruck :laughga:

What? It sold more than all of the other options combined

What? It sold more than all of the other options combined

Oh, it's just that I dislike the song and I'm glad that it didn't get the single treatment, but yeah, it sold a lot!  :yes:

Still not gonna vote for ithpa6tZt.png

aaronyoji

Summerboy :wtf: Anyone who disagrees is tasteless & sickens me. 

im sorry but anyone who likes summer boy to begin with is tasteless.....

i feel like every option except starstruck. any one of those songs could've easily been great singles. and with ARTPOP's situation the label was really in no position to turn down any potential hit i feel. especially with gypsy venus and s-x dreams. 

I decided to look at this objectively because my initial reaction was "aaaarghDITD////SHEISSE". I think, from a commerical point of view, the best "single that could have been" would be Monster. Now, DITD is my favourite song, let alone Gaga song, but I think at the time, Monster would have been a safe hit, it would have sold well and it's very catchy, there are lots of hooks. Like someone said above, during the Fame Monster era, Gaga was on top of the world, and any single choice would have been the right one. Hell, she could have made So Happy I Could Die work if she wanted / the label let her (and I would have loved that). 

I think in terms of BTW, Sheisse and Heavy Metal Lover would have been risks at a time when Gaga's popularity was fading a little, and as for ARTPOP, I think that Gypsy was probably the best single choice, but the public simply wouldn't have consumed it. I love Venus with all my heart, but I don't think it would have performed well on the charts. So Monster would probably have been best, in my opinion.

Archived