Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What did you learn from ARTPOP era ?

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stick by your ART no matter what happens and die defending it.

This.

not give a **** what others have to say and just follow my dreams and act on my creative urges. Also to not give up being an artist  :wub:

and this.

I live outside the space time continuum.

MikeGoneGaga

It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that swing...

Edit: meaning - if it lacks passion, why should it be? I've found my directing aesthetic recently and am about to start to instill my interpretation of Epic Theater everywhere. :)

Duella Dvil

A track by track breakdown:

-Aura: This song gave me the freedom to know that I am far deeper than what you see, know, touch, or believe. That the darkest secrets are my heart and center and I put on a show to keep you all looking away from this ugly truth. If I find love, you must pierce through my veils, ask to peek. Learn to accept the difference within yourself.

-Venus: Love is a strange feeling. There will always be an awkward feeling about it. You may be the perfect creature in the bedroom but he/she will say or do that one thing and you'll be set off. Dancing into the abyss is okay when he's on the brain.

-G.U.Y: Sexually speaking, this song empowered me not to feel like i need to be doing the deed to get him off it's a matter of HE NEEDS ME to do this. We are here to appreciate each other, and to have fun and tear each other apart in the mean time. Spiritually and philosophically, be strong in ALL that you do. You don't need to be the best, it's about DOING your best. If you are proud of what you do, have a good time, and love what you are doing... YOU WIN!!

-Sexxx Dreams: Validation that it is okay to have a wandering mind when the going gets rough... And remember, he has a dirty mind to, make sure you're on it

-Jewels N' Drugs: We're here for music, not the shine on your car. We're here for love, not the image. We might not be beautiful but dammit we tried. We are who we are, we are all different and believe different things and love differently but the power of music can bind all. Money is power.

-MANiCURE: Date your Man. Love him, let him see that you appreciate him. The most important part in a relationship is keeping IT going. It also applies to the single life, going out and being an honest flirt. Be on top of your game, always be beautiful in all that you do.

-DWUW: You are not your physical being, no matter WHAT people do to you, you will always have you. They can destroy your name and image, at the end of the day you're gonna wake up and be able to love yourself. **** the haters

ARTPOP: Art is truly subjective, this changes as we progress. It's time to revert back to our old ways of protecting the artist rather than branding it. Let's craft perfection not a best seller. 

-Swine: People suck. They want money, s-x, d--gs, and everything you've got till you're nothing but skin and bones. After that is left, they leave too. It's up to you to rise from the ashes and rule the world.

-Donatella: Be different, do it loud. DO IT PROUD!!! Don't let any moment you have go. You might not have it tomorrow. Dedicate yourself to your passions. Be a badass.

-FASHION!: You aren't your clothing but they can make a statement just like your mouth and your actions can. Don't let your voice go unheard, wear your heart on your sleeve. Be weird, we all are.

-Mary Jane Holland: We all have that version of our self we wish we could be, we want to be this, that, and the other thing. Be it, do it. Don't worry you can always go back. It's up to you who you are, be you baby.

-Dope: We all have our demons, crutches, vices, and addictions. Love something and dedicate yourself to that thing, let it be your reason to quit. YOu don't want to lose it do you??

-Gypsy: You might be traveling, or they might be but that distance is not what matters. THe moments that you have are. The dynamic moments you have where you look them in the eye and say you're mine. NO matter what happens we'll work it out. I'll be home soon, because home is where ever i'm with you. We will work!

-Applause: Look at life like this and it is far more relatable. All the world is the stage, we are merely players. Therefore do what you do for the reaction of others if attention is what you seek. Understand that everyone is watching, you have to get in with people to change them and impact them. Life is a game, and you can change people by saying and doing the things they want and eventually you will break in and get to change them. Applause taught me about independence through almost manipulation.

www.instagram.com/theduella666

djBuffoon

Do you ever perform in upstate NY?  I would love to go.

I've only ever performed in midtown Manhattan and near Union Square. :( But maybe one day!!

A track by track breakdown:

You understand this album on a level that many here do not, or did not bother to. Beautifully put. I agree 100% with each interpretation, and how they all figure into the larger picture. .:applause:

llbcherry

I wanted to answer before reading the other replies. I LOVE this thread idea, by the way!!

What have I learned from the ARTPOP era?

-To never give up on my passion for music and writing and singing. No matter what anyone does to me or tries to take from me, they can not take my creativity and my art. "You don't own my life!"

-To value friends, lovers, family, over d--gs. That so many people share struggles, that even someone so untouchable as Gaga can be affected by addiction. That even the most successful have regrets. And to never stop fighting for myself. "Don't leave me I'd, I'd hate myself until I die... I need you more..."

Just thinking about this just makes my heart burst with appreciation for this woman. How rare for someone so gifted and beautiful in spirit to have a worldwide platform the way Gaga does! Her affect on so many of our lives will never cease to amaze and inspire me.

Gaga, darling, friend,

"We could belong together, ARTPOP." :legend:

(not in a stalker way :teehee: It could mean N-E-THING.)

#Monster4Life :pawsup:

HauntingHollow

That you can not create anything special by pushing into it and trying hard, it has to come on its own  :rip:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Commercial success does not equal quality material, and even when Gaga's down, she's still the best entertainer in the business.

And personally, this album inspired by to discover myself and embrace my passions over what other people told me to do.

AphroditeLaydee

I learned to do what I want, no matter how far fetched, to push the box and to break free from my shackles. Creative rebellion, probably. And to just focus on myself and those I love, and screw whatever anyone thinks of me

Wet Fire

I learnt that sales and chart success are not the scale on which an artist's quality should be measured. I also learnt that sometimes in life you work so hard but you don't get the result you deserve.

crownlessking

Art is subjective and can mean many things, it isn't always literal.
And to become more engaged with my passion. Do what I have to do. Create (write) what I want to create, and dont let the world or myself dim that shine.

Speechless18

I've mainly learned that I can trust Gaga. I was so diehard after TF, I was nervous for BTW because I didn't want to not like it or have lukewarm feelings. I didn't want this person who I idolized to show me that she was just a regular pop star all along. BTW was the furthest thing from disappointing, but I was still apprehensive when it came time for ARTPOP. But she pulled it off again. She gave us an amazing, personal, poignant album. If ARTPOP has taught me anything, it's to let go and be open to wherever Gaga wants to take us next, because this woman is superhuman and no matter what, it's gonna be a crazy, amazing ride.

Archived