💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nicki Minaj apologises for "Only" lyric video; ADL accepts apology

Yanko

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yaas, ADL; drag NicKKKi Minaj all the way through Auschwitz.

they accepted her apology where is the "drag" tho? :madge:

Yaas, ADL; drag NicKKKi Minaj all the way through Auschwitz.

No one's being dragged :manicure: And what's with the KKK reference?

I wish this would just be dropped at this point. Nicki apologized, the apology was accepted, now let's move on.

they accepted her apology where is the "drag" tho? :madge:

They dragged ha for her general ignorance to blatant nazi imagery.

For someone that claims to have full creative control over her brand, how the **** do you let a video like that past?

They dragged ha for her general ignorance to blatant nazi imagery.

For someone that claims to have full creative control over her brand, how the **** do you let a video like that past?

should she die on the cross? :madge: she was wrong she apologized and hopefully they'll take that video down :madge: 

Psychedelic

I don't find the video offesinve, but it's good she apologized. Many people are very sensitive to Nazi themes and no wonder why!

In my opinion nothing is off limits when it comes to art, as fans of an artist who deep throats rosary beads while dressed as a nun we should understand that.

Saw the video, it's really sick lol

but tbh, the song is more Chris Brown Ft. Nicki, Drake and Lil Wayne.. she have only one verse at the beginning and after that you don't hear her anymore, poof she's gone..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Whispering

In my opinion nothing is off limits when it comes to art, as fans of an artist who deep throats rosary beads while dressed as a nun we should understand that.

You don't see the difference between Gaga making a statement, through art, about her own religion and this video?

You don't see the difference between Gaga making a statement, through art, about her own religion and this video?

Of course there is a difference, but my point was Gaga is no stranger to controversial imagery. The music video for Alejandro clearly shared similar inspiration to Nicki's Only lyric video. Gaga was just a little less on-the-nose about where the imagery came from. 

People are outraged by this because it was released by a low-brow hip/hop artist, had a critically acclimated punk or alternative rock band released this lyric video no one would care. 

Madonna has used swastikas in her live shows, Roseanne Bar did a photoshoot as "stay-at-home-Hitler" where she baked ginger bread men in the oven, Marlin Manson has used Nazi propaganda as inspiration for his work multiple times in the past, there is a great Absurdist Fiction novel called Ass Goblins of Auschwitz….the list goes on and on because artists are allowed to draw inspirations from everything, no rules, no limits. 

Archived