Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Dolly Parton chastises Christians for 'judging' LGBT Community'

SlaeUrAnus

Featured Posts

SlaeUrAnus

"In a recent interview with Billboard, Parton opened up about her love for her gay fans -- as well as her feelings towards Christians that feel the need to "judge" the lesbian, gay, bis-xual and transgender (LGBT) community."

They know that I completely love and accept them, as I do all people. I've struggled enough in my life to be appreciated and understood. I've had to go against all kinds of people through the years just to be myself. I think everybody should be allowed to be who they are, and to love who they love. I don't think we should be judgmental. Lord, I've got enough problems of my own to pass judgment on somebody else.

It's a place for entertainment, a place for all families, period. It's for all that. But as far as the Christians, if people want to pass judgment, they're already sinning. The sin of judging is just as bad as any other sin they might say somebody else is committing. I try to love everybody.

Kween :legend: Sticking up for us queers  :excited:

In b4 this gets closed for "flamebait" towards Christians :coffee:

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/27/dolly-parton-christian-lgbt_n_6056340.html

In my messy era.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of ethereal Queen?

Dolly is ALWAYS flawless and this comment couldn't be any more perfect.  :wub:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Yeah, because all Christians are the same :awkney:

They're not , but most homophobes are religious.  

And the root of homophobia is religion, historically speaking.

:tea: enjoy your tea!

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

ctherainbow

Simon, sometimes you create religious drama when there wasn't any to begin with, tbh.  We all know she's only talking about that one segment of Christians who are assholes, no the ones who actually have their heads on straight.

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

They're not , but most homophobes are religious.  

And the root of homophobia is religion, historically speaking.

:tea: enjoy your tea!

Actually people just don't like difference. 

Simon, sometimes you create religious drama when there wasn't any to begin with, tbh.  We all know she's only talking about that one segment of Christians who are assholes, no the ones who actually have their heads on straight.

then she could state that. I'm not creating any drama. I'm just stating my view on this. I don't know where I was wrong. 

SlaeUrAnus

:yes:

In my messy era.

MahoganySnitch

I agree tbh

Where does she say that?

i live by the west barrow baptist church  :teehee:  "GOD HATES FAGS"

clearly there mad because they aren't fab :trootea: 

Don't be insecure if you heart is pure, you're still good to me if you're a bad kid baby.

MTE. tbqmfh. ;D

ctherainbow

then she could state that. I'm not creating any drama. I'm just stating my view on this. I don't know where I was wrong. 

She never claims that the entirety of Christianity is judging gays.  In fact, the text reads:  

It's a place for entertainment, a place for all families, period. It's for all that. But as far as the Christians, if people want to pass judgment, they're already sinning. The sin of judging is just as bad as any other sin they might say somebody else is committing. I try to love everybody.

If "people".  Individual people, not the entirety of the religion.  Everyone knows there are both tolerant and intolerant Christians, so you don't need to make a post that suggests that Dolly lumped all Christians into one homophobic group, because she didn't.   :shrug:

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

Archived