💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Since when loving ARTPOP became delusion in here?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

It was a very polarising album which probably came a few years too early in Gaga's career. It was expected that the album wouldn't be as successful sales wise considering the controversial content on the album. I'm sure if she wanted to play it safe, she would have continued the momentum she had from TFM era and sell well with it.

But still none of them fell as hard as ARTPOP did :coffee:

You get to my point. You are ready to justify BTW simpy cause you see the greatness in it (and I agree with you) but when it comes to ARTPOP you are supposed to be ''subjective''. And of course ARTPOP fell much more, it didn't follow the second coming of Jesus aka TFM but the negativity and the blackout of BTW Era and the pre-Era.

...when a lot of people realized that a few good bops doesn't make an EPIC album. Maybe they didn't like the recycled concept of Sex, Fame and Drugs. Maybe they didn't like the auto-tune/manipulation of her voice. Maybe they didn't like having to take Tylenol from those hard EDM beats. Who knows?  :ohwell:

Or maybe they wanted to have a cohesive album that takes you on a journey, which in my opinion is what ARTPOP didn't do. 

And so that gives them the right to think that others are delusional and that their opinion is superior? :awkney:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

You are ready to justify BTW though simpy cause you see the greatness in it (and I agree with you) but when it comes to ARTPOP you are supposed to be ''subjective''. ANd of course ARTPOP fell much more, it didn't follow the second coming of Jesus aka TFM but the negativity and the blackout of BTW Era and the pre-Era.

And so that gives them the right to think that others are delusional and that thei ropinion is sup[erior? :awkney:

:applause:

The hypocrisy on this board is just too obvious to not point out.

TraeumereiLPB

Let me tell you something:

If YOU like ARTPOP, or think that the production is amazing, or even think it's Gagas best album; then not a single soul in the world has the right to tell you that you are wrong. If they do, they are wrong in what they do.

If YOU don't like ARTPOP, or think the production is bad, or even think it is Gagas worst album; then not a single soul in the world has the right to tell you that you are wrong. If they do, they are wrong in what they do.

No matter what your opinion on ARTPOP is, be civil about it and don't bother other people if they do not agree with you. Saying someone is delusional just because he/she thinks differently than you is rude and no one needs people like that.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

VforVendetta

Haha you'd be surprised darling :koons:

See the production sounds awful to me, so uninspired by any real motive apart from "this sounds like it could be on the radio" and even then, she made awful choices in what radio-friendly sounds to go for but then again she probably made the decisions two years ago based on American radio. She should have made a dance album with actual popular dance music over what sounds like (and shock horror, turned out to be) Zedd rejects. There are so many interesting "dance" artists and producers yet she chose to work with the one who had far outspent his 15 minutes.

That's not a fair statement to make at all but then again you proved you're not aware at all about dance music in a previous conversation so of course, you would think that. What is ARTPOP's audience age then? Those who don't know any sub genre of Dance music but heard Zedd for the first time on their hello kitty radios two years ago?

I don;t need to be a dance gherne expert to appreciate a dance  album though. The album aims to everyone, not only for yours and your mother's superior taste.

And what you say is completely objective and rude as well. ANd don;t worry, you are not gonna get a WP for this. 

VforVendetta

Yes the lyrical content of ARTPOP serves well for the album's concept. I'm not denying that, but it doesn't make any less true the fact that the lyrical content of BTW is more meaningful and deep. I love both albums in their own right but my purpose was just to higlight the lyrics.

NO. I can understand the album concept of ARTPOP worked well for your taste, in addition to its awesome arragenments. But when you do talk about an album whose lyrical content includes themes such s-x, fashion, s-x, a little of art incorporation, a few stardom stories, s-x, s-x, and living for the applause to another album that incorporates religion, politics, being who you are, standing up for yourself, feminism, love, leadership, and the belief of reuniting with a loved one that passed away in another dimension, to the concept lyrics. You can't have a subjective comparison, you just CANNOT, because that'd be the definition of delusion and ignorance! DEAL!!! 

:oops:

WHat it lacks in lyrical content because of it's nature opposed to BTW, it gains somewhere else imo though.

VforVendetta

Since people say things like the production is better than TFM and the concept slays both TF and TFM.

We all have different tastes, but I don't see how songs like Donatella, MANiCURE, Fashion or GUY can be better than any TFM song really.

Imo MANiCURE is better than Telephone, SHICD, speechless and Teeth and Fashion! is better than the later three. Everything is just taste.

BTW was never hated on like AP was tho

and imo liking AP isn't delusional, thinking it has a huge ass creative process, has amazing lyrics etc. is what I think is delusional

It has a huge creating proccess like all Gaga's albums though. ANd it has many amazing lyrics as well, I don't get your point.

djBuffoon

Imo MANiCURE is better than Telephone, SHICD, speechless and Teeth and Fashion! is better than the later three. Everything is just taste.

It has a huge creating proccess like all Gaga's albums though. ANd it has many amazing lyrics as well, I don't get your point.

Agreed on your first point, completely. The songwriting on "ARTPOP" is so clever and sharp, it outclasses most of her discography in terms of sheer smarts and melodic quality.

And yes to your second point as well. "Born This Way" is brilliant in terms of innovation, but I think she bit off more than she could true as far as some of the songs. However, "ARTPOP" doesn't even reach quite that high, but goes back to the basics of what Gaga excels at: tight melodies, epic choruses, and merging elements from the future and (even moreso) the past. And she did it without repeating herself.

I think people's best album from her is a collection of her songs, listed in the order they want, with the appropriate cover and the title they want. They could confine to the existing orders and albums, or create their own.

Since it underperformed compared to Gaga's standards  :ohwell:

It's my favorite album. Songs like Applause, Venus, DWUW, G.U.Y., Aura  :legend:  :legend:

If you don't like ARTPOP, fine. No one is forcing you to. But it should end there. Don't shame others for finding merit in a work that you did not connect to. It makes you look ignorant, as opposed to knowledgeable.

Wet Fire

I don't think ARTPOP is Gaga's best album and it's not my favourite Lady Gaga album either. But that's just my personal opinion. I don't feel the need to bash or criticize those who think ARTPOP is Gaga's best album. We all have personal tastes. (+ I don't what my fav Gaga album is. I mean whenever a new Gaga album is out it becomes my fav. My last fav was Cheek to Cheek.)

GagaUnderYou

I've made a thread about this before too! when gaga's next album comes out, that's only when people will appreciate ARTPOP.  

Archived