Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PHOTO: Jessie J announces UK theater tour

enigma princess

Featured Posts

Thats it? 

The way people have been going on about this I thought she literally had said **** off to the UK.  In the UK her art takes a back seat to her status as a famous person, as opposed to America where she is less known so her music is able to speak for itself. In America no one cares who she is sleeping with, but in the UK thats all they care about. Jessie J is just being candid about the way the public's perception of her effects the success of her work. If fans are pissed about that quote then they are immature, delusional, and are just buying whatever is being stuffed down their throats by British tabloids. 

i agree

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Absolutely shocking that she's gone from performing in large arenas (sometimes with enough demand for second dates) all over the country to doing 6 theatre-capacity dates with no sell outs despite being on sale for 2 days. To think, just two years ago, she had 2 UK #1's plus 4 top tens, had sold 1.2 million copies of her debut album in the country, was on an arena tour, performed at the 2012 Olympics ceremony and been offered a judging role on The Voice UK. Some say it was that show that ended her career as this is where the public was made aware of her personality, which seemed grating and OTT. She seemed to think the show was all about her and there was no end to her attention seeking and showing off and it left a bad taste in the public's mouth. None of her acts won and despite having the show as a huge platform, she had no #1's from her new album and the entire project flopped, not even being launched abroad. Even her tour didn't increase sales. Now, she can only get a UK #1 if she puts it on a two month pre-order and her fans have all moved on. She's gone from being top of her game to being irrelevant in just 3 years. In fact, she became irrelevant with her second album, this third release has only confirmed she's over. I think her fall from grace has reminded us that you do have to be mindful of your public. What she said about "coming out as straight" after claiming to be bi alienated her large LGBT fanbase and saying the UK don't take her seriously alienated her large UK fanbase. I don't usually support labels controlling their artists, but some of them really need to tell their artists to zip it if they know what's good for them.

Thats it? 

The way people have been going on about this I thought she literally had said **** off to the UK.  In the UK her art takes a back seat to her status as a famous person, as opposed to America where she is less known so her music is able to speak for itself. In America no one cares who she is sleeping with, but in the UK thats all they care about. Jessie J is just being candid about the way the public's perception of her effects the success of her work. If fans are pissed about that quote then they are immature, delusional, and are just buying whatever is being stuffed down their throats by British tabloids. 

It may not be that clear to you, but a lot of us can't stand Jessie's music either, especially since she went super-generic to be more popular. That was a big reason why she lost her success: she lost all her originality that her fans loved. And her voice really doesn't go over well either, what with her screeching, riffing, warbling and over-singing every song until it shatters glass. Jessie just said we're only interested in who she's sleeping with because she's in denial about the real reasons why she's losing popularity. We are not thinking this way because of what the British press have been saying: this was the consenus before she started flopping. The media hasn't turned on her, they've just announced the facts like when her album's out and printing interviews. I haven't seen articles bringing her down or anything. It's the public who have brought her down, not the media.

The UK always has been, and still is, her biggest fanbase. It's her home, it's where she got her first success, it's where she received her biggest success. Her albums and singles chart and sell better than in any other country and her tours are almost all UK-based. So, you can imagine what these fans thought when she said that she wants to get away from the UK because they don't take her seriously. Apparently, 2 #1's (this later turned into 3), 6 top 10's and 2 top ten albums (this later turned into 3) and 2 nationwide arena tours is a country not taking an artist seriously. This is basically her saying: "my fans aren't good enough fans because they let me flop." There's no consideration for how perhaps her failure was down to a drop in quality and a lack of promotion, it was just a matter of the public not getting it, in her eyes. To think she would pick the US, who had only given her two borderline hits, over us, is beyond ungrateful. The UK can be very unforgiving if an artist becomes unlikeable or stops treating their fans well and we responded accordingly.

This is a great example of why the adult section of Gagadaily is sorely missed. 

There should be a space where users who are interested in having a mature conversation can speak without having to deal with  immature tweens who are only interested in posting gifs and gossiping. 

But I guess that is off topic. Feel free to continue spreading lies about artists like Jessie J if that is fun for you.

I use those gifs because I am done with you, you have used shade towards me like 3 times already, that pretty much explains the type of egocentric person that you are who can't have a conversation without using personal insults or shade or acting all superior, bye

207nbfb.jpg

and no what Jessie J herself said are not lies and I don't have to spread anything since everybody already has bad perception about herbecause of the things she said, don't forget about those attention seeking bis-xual comments she made a few years ago that she lately regretted

and overall whathever you think she sounded mean and ungreatful towards her birtish fans when she said that

ebnag_zps63763de8.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Some say it was that show (The Voice) that ended her career as this is where the public was made aware of her personality, which seemed grating and OTT. She seemed to think the show was all about her and there was no end to her attention seeking and showing off and it left a bad taste in the public's mouth

I think her fall from grace has reminded us that you do have to be mindful of your public. What she said about "coming out as straight" after claiming to be bi alienated her large LGBT fanbase and saying the UK don't take her seriously alienated her large UK fanbase. 

pretty much this

It may not be that clear to you, but a lot of us can't stand Jessie's music either, especially since she went super-generic to be more popular. That was a big reason why she lost her success: she lost all her originality that her fans loved. And her voice really doesn't go over well either, what with her screeching, riffing, warbling and over-singing every song until it shatters glass. Jessie just said we're only interested in who she's sleeping with because she's in denial about the real reasons why she's losing popularity. We are not thinking this way because of what the British press have been saying: this was the consenus before she started flopping. The media hasn't turned on her, they've just announced the facts like when her album's out and printing interviews. I haven't seen articles bringing her down or anything. It's the public who have brought her down, not the media.

The UK always has been, and still is, her biggest fanbase. It's her home, it's where she got her first success, it's where she received her biggest success. Her albums and singles chart and sell better than in any other country and her tours are almost all UK-based. So, you can imagine what these fans thought when she said that she wants to get away from the UK because they don't take her seriously. Apparently, 2 #1's (this later turned into 3), 6 top 10's and 2 top ten albums (this later turned into 3) and 2 nationwide arena tours is a country not taking an artist seriously. This is basically her saying: "my fans aren't good enough fans because they let me flop." There's no consideration for how perhaps her failure was down to a drop in quality and a lack of promotion, it was just a matter of the public not getting it, in her eyes. To think she would pick the US, who had only given her two borderline hits, over us, is beyond ungrateful. The UK can be very unforgiving if an artist becomes unlikeable or stops treating their fans well and we responded accordingly.

It's clear to me that a lot of people can't stand her music because I can't stand her music. I remember hearing her song Mama Knows Best before her first album came out and I thought she was going to be another great British female soul singer like Adele, Amy, Duffy, or Palmoa. But just as you said, Jessie released super-genric pop music to become successful. Combine mediocre music with the reality show judging, the charity head shaving stunt, the flip flopping of her s-xuality…I totally get why she is leaving a sour taste in peoples mouths. 

I agree with most of what you are saying, but I also think you and a lot of people are totally manipulating her statements about coming to America. She is not condemning her British fans as much as she is condemning the British public. Not everything is about fans. Not all artists have to jerk their fans off and kiss them goodnight.

In reality she just wanted to pull a Piers Morgan and come to America to start fresh. 

If she's pulling theaters in the UK I don't want to even know what venues she'd book in the US, this just makes Bang Bang look worse for her to an extent as it nearly cements that her involvement didn't raise her stock at all. 

I'm not real I'm theater :derpga:

Or in her case

I'm not bi I'm theater

Why am i laughing so hard i feel so bad now :giveup:

Jenniferella

didn't read

iRFru1IVH19hV.gif

it's pretty obvious that we are going no where so let's move on, I've already explained what I and lots of people think

ps: you are literally the person whose opinion is literally the oppositive of what everyone knows

Get out of the thread, you don't bring anything interesting/entertaining. 

It's clear to me that a lot of people can't stand her music because I can't stand her music. I remember hearing her song Mama Knows Best before her first album came out and I thought she was going to be another great British female soul singer like Adele, Amy, Duffy, or Palmoa. But just as you said, Jessie released super-genric pop music to become successful. Combine mediocre music with the reality show judging, the charity head shaving stunt, the flip flopping of her s-xuality…I totally get why she is leaving a sour taste in peoples mouths. 

I agree with most of what you are saying, but I also think you and a lot of people are totally manipulating her statements about coming to America. She is not condemning her British fans as much as she is condemning the British public. Not everything is about fans. Not all artists have to jerk their fans off and kiss them goodnight.

In reality she just wanted to pull a Piers Morgan and come to America to start fresh. 

I don't know about the other countries but in France she's like unknown. I think she doesn't have any appeal since she "only" has a voice. Her style is anecdotic and the music itself is indeed generic. But why would that work with souless/voiceless singers ? I don't know, I guess it's all about promotion or something...

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Get out of the thread, you don't bring anything interesting/entertaining. 

look who's talking

iRFru1IVH19hV.gif

StrawberryBlond

I'm really not manipulating her statements, I'm just picking out the underlying meaning in what she's saying. What we say and what we mean can be two different things. She didn't say that the UK wasn't taking her seriously when her album was shifting 1.2 million and she was at the top of her game. She's saying it when she's fallen from grace. So, what she basically means is: "I liked the UK public only when they gave me success. Now that they're not giving me success, I don't want to know." Because she didn't have the single success despite a string of hits on her debut, she likely feels resentful towards her fans for not buying her new singles en masse like other big popstar's fans do. She may not be addressing them, but there is definitely an insinuation in her statements that her fans haven't tried hard enough or been dedicated enough. As if she couldn't have said "I love my fans, but the UK public in general are another story" or words to that effect. But no, she chose to make a huge generalisation and lump her fans in with the public. So, how else were her fans supposed to interpret that? Because she no longer thinks the UK is worth her time, why should she care about the fans in it? Gaga's UK ARTPOP sales were similar to the UK sales Jessie had with Alive (about 200k or so) and she also had singles that performed similar (lead single #5, second single #9) to Jessie's (lead single #5, second single #3) and she never made a statement about the UK public not taking her seriously any more. She still did her promo, did her interviews and gave us a proper arena tour leg, unlike the BTWB. She's also promo'd C2C here and is doing 2 gigs in London for it and is apparently bringing the BTWB back for 2 nights in London. And is possibly filming the Artrave DVD here. That is how you get your dwindling audience back - pretend nothing has changed, don't say a word and treat them well. Her treatment of the UK has ensured that her next album is bound to perform better. But Jessie insulted and neglected the UK public. If I was her manager, I'd be yelling at her for how many albumsales and tour tickets she just cost the label.

If she's pulling theaters in the UK I don't want to even know what venues she'd book in the US, this just makes Bang Bang look worse for her to an extent as it nearly cements that her involvement didn't raise her stock at all. 

I looked up her site to find that she's doing arenas in the US in December. And they're big arenas. SAP Center, Staples Center, Xcel Energy Center, Wells Fargo Center, TD Garden, Verizon Center, BB&T Center and Amalie Arena are the biggest. Ok, she's only going to 10 states overall, but she should be doing theatres there. Bang Bang may have been big, but as you say, it wasn't because of her. Americans couldn't have cared less who the third girl was, hence why Jessie's album and follow-up single flopped. Why she's doing arenas in America but not the UK is bizarre. She had an O2 Arena date and an Evetim Apollo date for London in addition to her theatre dates, but for some reason, they haven't been mentioned as part of her UK dates in advertising.

ChasingTables
They aren't even theatres, they are O2 Academy's. How on earth she's gone from playing arenas to O2 Academy's in just a year is beyond me.
Ikr. The decay is real. :air:

I looked up her site to find that she's doing arenas in the US in December. And they're big arenas. SAP Center, Staples Center, Xcel Energy Center, Wells Fargo Center, TD Garden, Verizon Center, BB&T Center and Amalie Arena are the biggest. Ok, she's only going to 10 states overall, but she should be doing theatres there. Bang Bang may have been big, but as you say, it wasn't because of her. Americans couldn't have cared less who the third girl was, hence why Jessie's album and follow-up single flopped. Why she's doing arenas in America but not the UK is bizarre. She had an O2 Arena date and an Evetim Apollo date for London in addition to her theatre dates, but for some reason, they haven't been mentioned as part of her UK dates in advertising.

Had to look into it to see what was up, sadly it looks like these are just simply 'Jingle Ball esque shows' with artists such as 5SOS, Ari, Taylor, Iggy, Sam Smith, etc. pushing the tickets and listed as headliners. In some of the dates she's even being listed lower than Megan Trainor, Lil Jon, and Charli (no shade to those artists, just incredible that an established act is being billed lower than newer ones who just garnered attention this year). The only date she's being marked as a headliner is a small theater in NC alongside Bebe Rexha and Nick Jonas. I don't see her selling the ticket nowadays nor do promoters with how she's being billed on the majority of these shows. Truly sad for her given the effort that was glaringly evident on her latest album. 

I'm really not manipulating her statements, I'm just picking out the underlying meaning in what she's saying. What we say and what we mean can be two different things. She didn't say that the UK wasn't taking her seriously when her album was shifting 1.2 million and she was at the top of her game. She's saying it when she's fallen from grace. So, what she basically means is: "I liked the UK public only when they gave me success. Now that they're not giving me success, I don't want to know." Because she didn't have the single success despite a string of hits on her debut, she likely feels resentful towards her fans for not buying her new singles en masse like other big popstar's fans do. She may not be addressing them, but there is definitely an insinuation in her statements that her fans haven't tried hard enough or been dedicated enough. As if she couldn't have said "I love my fans, but the UK public in general are another story" or words to that effect. But no, she chose to make a huge generalisation and lump her fans in with the public. So, how else were her fans supposed to interpret that? Because she no longer thinks the UK is worth her time, why should she care about the fans in it? Gaga's UK ARTPOP sales were similar to the UK sales Jessie had with Alive (about 200k or so) and she also had singles that performed similar (lead single #5, second single #9) to Jessie's (lead single #5, second single #3) and she never made a statement about the UK public not taking her seriously any more. She still did her promo, did her interviews and gave us a proper arena tour leg, unlike the BTWB. She's also promo'd C2C here and is doing 2 gigs in London for it and is apparently bringing the BTWB back for 2 nights in London. And is possibly filming the Artrave DVD here. That is how you get your dwindling audience back - pretend nothing has changed, don't say a word and treat them well. Her treatment of the UK has ensured that her next album is bound to perform better. But Jessie insulted and neglected the UK public. If I was her manager, I'd be yelling at her for how many albumsales and tour tickets she just cost the label.

I think you are creating an 'underlying meaning' to her statement that isn't there. It's safe to say Jessie J is known for being cringe-inducingly candid. For you to not take these remarks at face value and imply she is insulting her fans is unfair. I think the 'insinuation' card being played in this instance is dishonest and just another way for people to pile on her.

Other then that, I think you hit the nail on the head and I totally agree with everything you are saying.

Archived