Does Gaga write the best Choruses?

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilVenusian

Yas! Stan Mr Lawrence! 

And I agree, her skills at writing pop choruses are highly underrated. She dosen't rival Madonna/MJ back at their peaks, but she's probably the closest there is. I cant think of any other modern pop artist that consistently writes such explosive, ear worm choruses like gaga can (without the help of Dr Luke and/or Max Martin :fan: )

Cody Draco

Paparazzi's chorus alone makes Gaga one of the best songwriters of all time to me. I mean the metaphorical use of "paparazzi" in that song is next level emotional **** okay.

skylar-grey-o.gif

StressedOut

Yes, I've consistently told other people that if you can't appreciate the verses she writes that you must at least love her choruses. :yes:

Her problem, in the ARTPOP era at least, is that she relies on her catchy choruses to compensate for the rest of the songs. Not that i don't LOVE them, but songs like Sexxx Dreams, Venus, Aura, and Swine weren't viable as hits because the verses were too weird/experimental, even tho the choruses are heavenly.

Edit: Then again there are some songs where the verses are much better than the chorus, like Electric Chapel.

LilVenusian

Not that i don't LOVE them, but songs like Sexxx Dreams, Venus, Aura, and Swine weren't viable as hits because the verses were too weird/experimental, even tho the choruses are heavenly.

Then how do you explain GUY's major floppage?I think people dont mind wacko/offbeat verses from gaga as long as the chorus is good, hence why songs like Bad Romance/Poker Face are her biggest smashes yet. Those songs are totally viable as singles imo, its just that her record label is too scared to take a risks with her anymore...

Pain of fame1

Yes. Gaga is a master at writing great melodies.

Yes. Gaga's choruses are the best in the industry. Is a pitty that the rest of the song isn't as great tho. ARTPOP was named an album of choruses becase in songs like Aura, venus, and applause yhe choruses are one of gaga's best while the rest of the song is too experimental and bizarre. DWUW,Gypsy and Dope are one of the fews in the whole album that are great as a piece, the chorus doesn't stand out too much and the verses are great. Those are the hits that got away from ARTPOP. 

Her problem, in the ARTPOP era at least, is that she relies on her catchy choruses to compensate for the rest of the songs. Not that i don't LOVE them, but songs like Sexxx Dreams, Venus, Aura, and Swine weren't viable as hits because the verses were too weird/experimental, even tho the choruses are heavenly.

Edit: Then again there are some songs where the verses are much better than the chorus, like Electric Chapel.

OMG just what i've posted. The truth tea. If gaga had more time on them, especially in venus, she could have improve the verses and polish the production a lot more

She writes good choruses and amazing hooks, but I love her bridges most of all. Venus' bridge is fun and catchy, G.U.Y.'s is absolutely epic (and the upper harmony she sings at the artRAVE makes it even better), she managed to write two completely different but powerful bridges for Sexxx Dreams... The whole album is packed with them (although it is a bit top heavy in terms of good bridges - the latter half of the album's aren't exceptional, apart from MJH and Gypsy)

That Chris Martin quote in the op is really cool. I'd love for them to write something together.

Basically Gaga's verses are the only misses for me sometimes.

I almost dread hearing a new Gaga song cause i know the verses are gonna be weird :laughga:

I think k$ writes catchier choruses of we're just talking about catchiness. But gaga definitely has the best hooks.

Ladey Gagz

She said that she does in one interview. I forgot which one though.

I'm not saying she's lying but the majority of artists say they write their own music when they really don't so her saying it doesn't prove anything

Archived