💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is 'ARTPOP' a masterpiece to you?

Bradley

ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?

• HEIL TO ARTPOP! Even better than her past albums!
    • Great album but... I WAS BORN THIS WAY BABE!
    • Try harder...

Featured Posts

GlitterAndGrease

ARTPOP (song)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Best song ever recorded by Gaga

and most of the album is amazing and very artsy fartsy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. It's very weak. There's some bops on there but the album is far from a masterpiece.

Her worst album!

None of Gaga's albums are a masterpiece, sorry guys  :classy:

I really like ARTPOP and Born This Way, but she still has a lot to grow musically to create a real masterpiece.

I am the wind and hurricane, the stormy sky and rain

No sorry  :cry: The theme isn't very present and some of the songs sound like they were thrown on there for the sake of it.  It also feels kind of empty, like there is a lack of depth to some of the songs, some of which I feel were designed for the charts. I can't describe it- it lacks that spark. What Gaga described ARTPOP as before it was released doesn't match with what we got- It is as if Interscope made it and Gaga didn't.  

But don't get me wrong, there are some total bops on this album that are masterpieces as themselves i.e ARTPOP, DWUW etc

god no, it's terrible to gaga's standards and it's an ok album compared to other albums usually. Her weakest effort imo.

MelbHawker

Born This Way & TFM are both stronger Pop Albums when put next to ARTPOP. 

Just my opinion. Love the album though. 

None of Gaga's albums are a masterpiece, sorry guys  :classy:

Get with the times hun, TFM was a masterpiece, BTW redefined 'Opus', with a capital 'O'.

LaLuna

It's a great pop album and that's all I wanted from her. I think she has yet to write her masterpiece tbh. 

Melodically, it has the makings of a masterpiece. Every song has a hook to die for. But lyrically it was a bit absent, uninspiring and strangely self-aware to the point where it was distracting. As for the production, it was interesting and experimental, but in some cases it's obvious that Gaga tailored her melodies to the instrumentals, which was to the detriment of the songs sometimes. Overall, I think it's a very solid album, perhaps not as a cohesive whole, but a great collection of songs nonetheless. I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be, and for me personally it's got no fillers; I can listen to the whole album without skipping.

However, I think Gaga has yet to make her magnum opus. I just don't think it will necessarily be in the pop genre.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Archived