💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is 'ARTPOP' a masterpiece to you?

Bradley

ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?

• HEIL TO ARTPOP! Even better than her past albums!
    • Great album but... I WAS BORN THIS WAY BABE!
    • Try harder...

Featured Posts

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FameHookah

why you all stan BTW its literally my least fav

They like gaga looking and singing like a freak

Idk

WTF is MDNA

djBuffoon

I adore how divisive this album is, even in her own fan base. Queen of Controversy. :ARTPOP:

Wow this thread brought out the b---hy ARTPOP haters.

They never ****ing left. :lmao:

PMKKARDASHiAN

Wow this thread brought out the b---hy ARTPOP haters.

And the BTW stans who think that album was the second coming of Christ [even tho in reality it's the album that basically crippled gagas career]

Where are TFM stans to spread the holy word of the Devine MASTERPIECE that will forever be gagas greatest body of work, musically, visually, lyrically

No I don't think its a masterpiece, but it did grow on me a lot. It does mean a lot to me now though because of the reasons that make it special to her. 

GagaDragon

And the BTW stans who think that album was the second coming of Christ [even tho in reality it's the album that basically crippled gagas career]

Where are TFM stans to spread the holy word of the Devine MASTERPIECE that will forever be gagas greatest body of work, musically, visually, lyrically

BTW didn't cripple Gaga's career from a musical standpoint, that's what ARTPOP did. The problem with BTW was that it was too much too soon. People weren't ready for the change the biggest popstar on the planet went through image wise. She alienated way too many people. What she needed was a more public friendly album to milk as much as she could from the TFM's success.

BTW with less provocative lyrics and imagery would have slayed, but what's done is done. It is still a better album than ARTPOP though and stats back that up :manicure:

BTW and ARTPOP are both uneven, with flashes of brilliance and messiness.

TF and TFM will go down as her early classics.

No its a bad album.  DWUW, Applause ,SD, Gypsy are good. The rest are fillers

No, typically fillers are safe and lazy songs, pale imitations of the album hits.

Gaga's problem is a lot of crazy experiments, which are hit and miss for most listeners.

A member of the GP might like Aura or Venus or J&D or Donatella or MJH or Dope.

But I bet there are damn few who like more than 50% of them.

Once people feel more than 1/3 of songs are skipworthy, they don't want the album.

thatfoxyfeeling

ARTPOP can't be a masterpiece when it has songs like Fashion!, MHJ & Donatella. :flop:

Well ARTPOP gave me my second favorite song form Gaga - Applause along with masterpieces like Sexxx Dreams, Swine, Donatella, Gypsy...So for me it was and is an amazing album. I'm very glad she did it. I can't wait for her next pop album. She always delivers it.  

Donatello

If we look at her songs individually: Born This Way has the masterpieces, but to call an album a 'masterpiece' you have to look at it as whole and this is where Teeth, Americano and Applause/J&D/Dope say hi.

I'm tempted to call The Fame a masterpiece.

Archived