Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is 'ARTPOP' a masterpiece to you?

Bradley

ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?

• HEIL TO ARTPOP! Even better than her past albums!
    • Great album but... I WAS BORN THIS WAY BABE!
    • Try harder...

Featured Posts

Bradley

Absolutely not:

Aura: Nope, due to the neutered vocals on the verses and the limp chorus

Venus:  No matter how good it sounds, the lyrics are moronic

G.U.Y.: The chorus is lethargic

Sexxx Dreams: It's sonically fine but boring

Jewels N Drugs: Nintendo Gamecube Bowser Castle castle realness. Tryhard, uninteresting nonsense. Garbage.

MANiCURE: Cute but basic. Stupid concept.

DWUW: Ill-conceived duet but sonically good.

ARTPOP: Strong album track. Never necessary to perform it as a means of promotion. Tonight Show performance a wasted opportunity.

Swine: Ruined by stupid EDM buildup before the chorus. It wasn't that epic, sis...

Donatella: Whatever

Fashion!: At least it seemed joyful

Mary Jane Holland: Dated and unnecessary. Didn't serve any purpose other than the counteract the message of the next song which was:

Dope: A nice enough song that would have rung true had it not been preceded by MJH.]

Gypsy: The obvious sequel to TEOG which wasn't quite as effective.

Applause: The puzzling first single choice which surprisingly did okay despite being not the least bit relatable.

I might seem delusional for making this comment but are you even a Gaga fan? I mean you spoke as if it was the worst album made in music history.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wet Fire

The overall album isn't a masterpiece but these songs individually are: Do What U Want, Aura, Dope and may be Venus & G.U.Y. too.

pachinko

Not with that Swine version.

Aura

Venus

Sexxx Dreams (because of its choreography)

Do What U Want

ARTPOP

Gypsy

those are... rest is just fillers for me...

You missed ARTPOP. Easily the best song on the album.

Interludicrous

It's a lovely album, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it a masterpiece yet. I think that whether or not it's a masterpiece will also be determined by it's legacy. Time will tell :)

What is your definition of "masterpiece"?

This is awfully subjective.

It's better than what 99% of other artists did in 2013. (or for me it was better than 100% because it's my fav album of 2013)

Brooke Hoegan

I stared at my screen trying to lay out my exact thoughts and then this post appeared and I was like YES. 

I know... and it's not even an opinion, it's truth... we have proof with what happened to Aura demo and with Venus ditched from being the second single...

all Interscope was doing was playing it extremely safe this era, and with Gaga it doesn't work

they didn't even let her reinvent herself visually, and it's an absolute must at this point cause she became predictable with her style, which is an important part of Gaga

monsterdreams

BTW is the masterpiece but ARTPOP still slays, and some of the songs do count as masterpieces, just not the whole album

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

XoXoJoanneGaga

Anyone who calls an album with songs like JnD, Donatella, MANiCURE, Fashion (etc.) a masterpiece has very low standards for the term. Gaga doesn't have a masterpiece yet (TFM comes close cause there's no filler). She might make one in the future when she branches out musically.

XoXoJoanneGaga

it felt like somebody was constantly standing beside her and telling her to tone it down / make it radio friedly / choose songs poor in concepts

and it wasn't art enough for an album called ARTPOP imo

Very well said. Lady Gaga is too good to have made this album, her fans should know that (thankfully many of them do).

Archived