💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is 'ARTPOP' a masterpiece to you?

Bradley

ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?

• HEIL TO ARTPOP! Even better than her past albums!
    • Great album but... I WAS BORN THIS WAY BABE!
    • Try harder...

Featured Posts

Bradley

Three of previous Gaga albums have been considered as 'masterpieces', regardless of charts and sales, do you think this album is a masterpiece musically?

ARTPOP_album_artwork.jpg

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gianni Versace

the titlesong is. but the music fell short when realizing all the album concepts potential. 

aaronyoji

its the byproduct of a watered down masterpiece, so not quite. it has the unfulfilled potential of a masterpiece tho. 

elijahfan

As much as I love ARTPOP and its meaning, the album still feels very all over the place. To me, BTW was better and more coherent as a whole.

no, I hate 3 or maybe 4 songs of it

-Dope

-Donatella

-Jewels N' Drugs

-MANiCURE (I don't really hate it but I am so disappointed with the studio version, the one from the Swinefest is way better imo)

shanghai-madonna.gif

BTW and TFM are imo

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Amazing production, from a conceptual standpoint, it' a fresh breath compares to what we had suring the BTW era :)

It's perfect for my life at this point right now :)

djBuffoon

I do believe it is, yes. From a musical standpoint, this is Gaga's most assured and melodic work. It doesn't sound like Springsteen, it doesn't sound like Whitney, it doesn't sound like Madonna. It sounds like Gaga, it sounds like a legitimate pop songwriter who understands and embraces her niche.

The journey of the album supersedes her other works and, unlike Born This Way (which is more ambitious, yes, but not quite as satisfying), there are no slow spots. It works, from beginning to end, as a effervescent, personal, and psychedelic soundscape.

The thesis of the album, as I understand it, is just as powerful as her other works but not as obvious and "in your face" as BTW, which some mistake as a lack of meaning. But the message is there.

I am fully confident that many fans will come around to loving this album.

Archived