Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is 'ARTPOP' a masterpiece to you?

Bradley

ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?

• HEIL TO ARTPOP! Even better than her past albums!
    • Great album but... I WAS BORN THIS WAY BABE!
    • Try harder...

Featured Posts

ThatSLAYGUY

I think ARTPOP is a masterpiece, BTW is amaze but I think people should really appreciate how amazing ARTPOP really was 

EDIT: Also the poll options are stupid because I do love ARTPOP the exact same as all her other work and there is no simple option for just yes 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EGOT2027

I hate to say this, but it is no way a masterpiece. The album is her weakest in terms of lyrics, themes, music, hits, and delivery. It was fun to dance to when it first came out, but I haven't even listened to it in months. I stilk can't believe she called it "ARTPOP." It was doomed from then. The name is so pretentious.

MikeGoneGaga

I thoroughly enjoy the energy to this piece of work. Unfortunately, the critics were focused on criticizing her, not the songs. Also, the message of the piece was very much overshadowed by how different it was to her previous works. I agree that it does seem much more ecclectic, but I think it helps in preventing the listener from getting bored (which can easily be a symptom of Born This Way). I don't know if I consider any of her albums a masterpiece as they all have songs I do and do not like. I appreciate the messages, but I do not want to call any of them masterpieces because then the baseline of all of her works will come from that song/album. I think they all have things about them that are perfect in their own way, but nothing will be a masterpiece.

So, yes and no. :)

Masterpiece in the sense of being an outstanding work? Yes. I find ARTPOP as a decently strong pop/dance album, if not stronger than the majority of the pop/dance albums since Madonna's Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005), including her debut The Fame and the 8-track TFM. But, do I consider it as the masterpiece of her career (i.e. her best work so far)? No. That title belongs to BTW, an album that spawned her greatest message yet, and a youth empowerment foundation to back it up. 

MANiDONTCURE

I feel like the tracks that were teased (TEA, temple, AB collab, etc) is what ARTPOP is supposed to be. The album died on me as well honestly. I only listen to Fashion! now :/.

Rat Boy

For me it was underwhelming. The artistic growth that we saw in Marry The Night and The Edge of Glory didn't really shine through. The productions, although consistent, was missing energy and sometimes even sounded a tad bit outdated. However my biggest problem with ARTPOP was the concept. The concept was very wishy washy and she seemed to be making the album seem more complex and twisted than it really was. Even self-titling the album would have made more sense in my opinion.

It is not a bad album but I expected something more experimental and lyrically cohesive from her.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Not even close.

For me, it's her worst album. (It's still a good pop album)

TF is better.

TFM is a lot better.

BTW is infinitely better.

AP does not even compare

:ohwell:

The songs on it got old too fast and now it's hard to enjoy them

I think if ARTPOP produced 5 international hit singles, you (and other people) would have changed their minds. Imagine if every single managed to sell above 3,000,000 copies worldwide, people would claim it as another masterpiece from Gaga.

People still don't see my highlighted words: *regardless of sales and charts* *musically*

Or you just can't accept that her music in other eras was better :toofunny:

Pretty much everyone is over ARTPOP's underperformance and at the end of the day when we look at the music, her other albums are more pleasing to her audience, as the comments in this thread let you know.

I think if ARTPOP produced 5 international hit singles, you (and other people) would have changed their minds. Imagine if every single managed to sell above 3,000,000 copies worldwide, people would claim it as another masterpiece from Gaga.

People still don't see my highlighted words: *regardless of sales and charts* *musically*

Thats just not true, i don't care about the charts and why should i? I can't buy myself anything from her selling millions of albums. I also don't understand what kind of satisfaction some fans get from charts... Also, i was really happy when she said "music not the bling", but was quite disappointed seeing her posting that picture of her and her team celebrating selling 1 million albums...

I only still listen to Applause, DWUW solo version and Venus from time to time, because it has the best chorus on the album for me, but i don't like the rest of the song. Everything else just got boring so damn fast.

GagaDragon

Well the reality is that she didn't come close to any of that. You honestly cannot believe that people didn't like the album because it didn't sell well...that's absurd. The album was simply not good enough for most people and had nothing on her other albums.

JonathanMinaj2

It could've been a masterpiece...... The production is good, but the way people perceived it was bad.

eifulien

Still my favourite album!  :wub:  It's more than a masterpiece and I absolutely love it! Production-wise the album is astounding. Lyrically it's not meant to be as heavy and serious as Born This Way, so I really enjoy the predominant love/s-x theme. The biggest problem  of ARTPOP is that many of you failed to understand that its beauty lies in its simplicity and Gaga generally failed to get across the message to the mass public. Otherwise, it's a light uplifting party album done perfectly well and right! Slé!  :ohwell:  :kisses:

Archived