Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is 'ARTPOP' a masterpiece to you?

Bradley

ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?

• HEIL TO ARTPOP! Even better than her past albums!
    • Great album but... I WAS BORN THIS WAY BABE!
    • Try harder...

Featured Posts

I love ARTPOP. Masterpiece? No. But I really love this album. Just can't stand J&D but that's mostly because of the features. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Masterpiece? Nah, that distinction belongs to Born This Way. That being said, I love the album and it's great to play on a long road trip or for working out. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

YeehawKylie

Yes. I was unsure of what to think of the album upon my first listen. After time, I grew to love the album. It's really special to find an album like that...one that starts off stale until you really begin to grow a personal relationship with it.

I get that a lot of people have issues with the album, but asides from one song, I think the album is a masterpiece. Contrary to popular opinion, I see a clear theme and common ground among all the songs. While they have the pop appeal, they are so different and unique. From Aura to Applause, you feel as though you've had this complete journey.

I personally think it is Gaga's strongest album, so it's a shame she gets so much hate for it and has suffered due to it. I'd love her to continue to grow rather than feel as though she has to take a step back.

Dominic

Not at all, I think she possibly had a masterpiece however changed it to the point where it sounded messy; whether this was at the hands of Gaga herself or pressure from her label I don't know but it has the potential to be.  The main issue is that there is a complete lack of concept and it cannot be explained with "it could mean anything" as this just feels like a cop-out. 

Some tracks are perfection whilst sadly others fall seriously short. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

EarnYourLeather

It was a masterpiece compared to all other albums by pop artsists in 2013.

But compared to her other work? No. BTW > TFM = ARTPOP > TF

Her biggest demon is herself unfortunately. Her albums are all very strong, but it's hard to top each one. 

Just A Holy Fool

Its a great album, but the word masterpiece comes with such a strong connotation attached to it, I cannot label ARTPOP this. I am not sure if Gaga has released her "masterpiece" yet. The Fame Monster is the closest she has come so far... 

danwasd

Masterpiece (or chef d'Å“uvre) in modern use refers to a creation that has been given much critical praise, especially one that is considered the greatest work of a person's career or to a work of outstanding creativity, skill, or workmanship. Well, it isn't.

Archived