💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is 'ARTPOP' a masterpiece to you?

Bradley

ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. ARTPOP - Masterpiece or not?

• HEIL TO ARTPOP! Even better than her past albums!
    • Great album but... I WAS BORN THIS WAY BABE!
    • Try harder...

Featured Posts

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

i feel as though it was this weird regression backwards.  it offered nothing new to the world of music. which is fine, but the reason i love gaga is that she is normally so innovative and it makes her work dazzzzle that of her contemporaries, which is what has always made her stand out to me as unique and genius. her other albums were so fresh when they both came out (and imo born this way has aged well with time and is even better years later)

i just dont think there are any classics on the album. applause was so disappointing to me personally, im sorry. but when that lead single came out instead of AURA (demo) i was not impressed. it was a step back. and then i listen to the album upon its leakage, only to find that aura had been applause-ified.

the redeeming songs: Do What U Want, Dope, and Gypsy.

i hope she embraces a new directiion (hopefully pop infused because i love her pop) and isnt afraid to be innovative again. (jazz, once again, feels like a regression lolls im just not interested...)

Absolutely not:

Aura: Nope, due to the neutered vocals on the verses and the limp chorus

Venus:  No matter how good it sounds, the lyrics are moronic

G.U.Y.: The chorus is lethargic

Sexxx Dreams: It's sonically fine but boring

Jewels N Drugs: Nintendo Gamecube Bowser Castle castle realness. Tryhard, uninteresting nonsense. Garbage.

MANiCURE: Cute but basic. Stupid concept.

DWUW: Ill-conceived duet but sonically good.

ARTPOP: Strong album track. Never necessary to perform it as a means of promotion. Tonight Show performance a wasted opportunity.

Swine: Ruined by stupid EDM buildup before the chorus. It wasn't that epic, sis...

Donatella: Whatever

Fashion!: At least it seemed joyful

Mary Jane Holland: Dated and unnecessary. Didn't serve any purpose other than the counteract the message of the next song which was:

Dope: A nice enough song that would have rung true had it not been preceded by MJH.]

Gypsy: The obvious sequel to TEOG which wasn't quite as effective.

Applause: The puzzling first single choice which surprisingly did okay despite being not the least bit relatable.

omg :duck: i agree with every single thing you've written here.

TheLucifer92

TBH Concept of the album was very good, but the album itself kind of sucks... Too mainstream, nothing original :/ And I feel so sad about it. :toofunga:

Everyone loves to throw around the word, "masterpiece." And no, it wasn't a masterpiece at all. TFM still holds the masterpiece crown tbh. And BTW was definitely better. So yeah. 

TheLucifer92

Everyone loves to throw around the word, "masterpiece." And no, it wasn't a masterpiece at all. TFM still holds the masterpiece crown tbh. And BTW was definitely better. So yeah. 

TFM totally holds the masterpiece crown!

djBuffoon

There have been countless albums, movies, books, etc, that we're initially met with critical and financial disappointment, that went on to become more admired works. So to everyone who keeps referring to "the stats", chill out with that. Find a better way to support your argument.

giskardsb

It's becoming trendy on this site to not only dislike ARTPOP but also rip it to shreds. It doesn't make you cool or prove anything to use that level of invective against an artist you are theoretically a fan of. Some if you need a Gaga time out.

Ambrosia

Calling an album a "masterpiece" is quite subjective and the only merit any user can have on here saying it is or saying it's not, is due to the range and scope of music and albums they have listened to in the past, by which to compare it to.  I don't depend on the charts to decide what's a masterpiece by way of sales and I certainly don't rely on others, who may like only a handful of artists, to dictate what may or may not be a masterpiece. 

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Speechless18

Yes.  Absolutely, yes. 

There's no rule that one artist cannot create more than one masterpiece.  I think BTW is a masterpiece.  I think ARTPOP is a masterpiece.  Maybe I'm throwing around the word too freely, but in my own personal definition, both albums are masterpieces.  I agree that ARTPOP was a breath of fresh air after BTW.  Where BTW was a storm, ARTPOP is the sun. 

If I had to pick one, it would be ARTPOP.  I think because I'm still amazed that she can make great songs that are SO diverse.  Aura and Gypsy (for example) are completely diffrerent animals, but both are fantastic.  I LOVE BTW, don't get me wrong, but I think a lot of the tracks are so similar sonically.  That sound just happens to be fcking amazing lol.  I enjoy the variety of ARTPOP.

However, I still harbor a deep hatred for JnD lol.  No disrespect towards TI, Twista or Too $hort... but she's too good.  She's too good to just be a vocalist on a hip hop record.  It was a waste of a released track.

fede ARTPOP

its a great pop album for me.everything I would expect from a Gaga album, great powefrul songs she can only create..

im still obsessed with the album. so yes. is amasterpeice for me..every Gaga album is a masterpiece so far...

I LOVE ARTPOP...ill get the ARTPOP tatto soon..cause I love the word, the concept and everything lol  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

đŸ–€ C H R O M A T I C A đŸ–€

Bad Bromance

Yes, ARTPOP is an amazing album.  I still can't get enough of it and I've been a fan since The Fame.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived