Apple Music

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Republicans Vow To Push Keystone XL After Mid-Term Takeover

Featured Posts

Economy

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business

Now that the Republicans have increased their power after mid-terms, they vow to push harder to get Keystone approved after 6 years of delay
--------------

Great. Maybe now railways will get less congested and we can start transporting oil in a way that makes more sense :coffee:

Economy

Wait is this a good thing? What's the keystone :laughga:

its a really large pipeline thats suppostu bring over 830,000 barrels of oil (34,860,000 gallons) a day from Canada through America all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico

People against it say its bad for the environment because the pipeline can leak and contaminate water, and that it will encourage oil sands developement

People in favor say it will create high paying construction jobs, the oil will still be produced anyway and simply moved by train. And they argue trains sometimes still leak also anyway and its creating a congestion because too many trains are carrying oil leaving less space to carry other everyday products

Indyl

I think it's great for our short-term national economy.

I think it's terrible for our long-term international world. 

Gagaloo92

Of course. This is lousy.

The environmental impacts are enough for me to say no to this deal, idc how "good" it will be for the economy and for jobs. Environment is much more important, and countless studies have shown the detriments it will as well as could do.

Goosey

The Canadian government has been ticked off at Obama for delaying it. We want to run our pipeline through your country, dammit! 

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

Economy

Of course. This is lousy.

The environmental impacts are enough for me to say no to this deal, idc how "good" it will be for the economy and for jobs. Environment is much more important, and countless studies have shown the detriments it will as well as could do.

environmentalists always ignore tho that conpanies are transporting it by rail instead which causes more CO2 per barrel than transportig it by pipeline which is more efficient

Also, even if u could stop oil sands, the demand is there so oil will just be produced somewhere else anyway

So i fail to see how its soooooooooooo bad for the environment :shrug:

Luiz

so if the pipe bursts or has an accident could we have another oil spill catastrophe like the BP one?

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

craig

so if the pipe bursts or has an accident could we have another oil spill catastrophe like the BP one?

No, because that involved drilling an oil well at sea. Where a spill is more messy and less contained, and where you are actually drilling not just transporting.

Luiz

No, because that involved drilling an oil well at sea. Where a spill is more messy and less contained, and where you are actually drilling not just transporting.

worth  the risk then i guess

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

Economy

not only because it doesnt have drillig so a leak could mever be as massive

But also, these new modern pipelines are safer. They are thicker and have more shut-off valves with more sensors which allows them to detect leaks and stop flows faster than in older existing pipelines :yes: