Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Born This Way still has the biggest one-week album sales in US digital history

Enhsa

Featured Posts

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz

440k from the 1.108M first-week sales came from Amazon's 99 cent 2-day offer. Billboard recognizes that, and they also still recognizes BTW as the 17th album in SoundScan history to sell more than a million in a week. Some tend to either forget, or worse, ignore that fact. It sold more than a million in its first week, regardless if it was offered by one retailer for 99 cents for 2 days. "Sold" implies that there's an intent to purchase from the consumers. It wasn't offered for "free", for its sales to not be counted. Not to mention, SoundScan / Billboard didn't have any policy regarding first-week sales discounts back then.

U2's latest album was for free and still i don't have it cuz i didn't wanted it, so this so ****in true

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

Jewels n Drugs
Now, that's how you slay :ohwell:
oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

I mean, that's great, but does it change when we count digital and physical copies? Why does it matter which sold more in a specific format?

I swear the 99c thing will haunt BTW forever.  

We'll never know how many of the 440K would have bought the album anyway.  It's great that Gaga still has the record but so annoying that we'll almost always see it mentioned with an asterisk.  

Lion Heart

Album of the Decade tbh

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

I wish people would stop bringing up the Amazon deal when talking about it. It's not really fair and it's still an accomplishment.

Exactly. People complain and say music is overpriced, but when its reduced to 99¢ people go buckwild. Who doesn't want an album for 99¢?

Rollercoaster

Let's put the amazon deal in perspective.

If Beyonce and 1989 were 99c I still wouldn't have bought them.

I wish people would stop bringing up the Amazon deal when talking about it. It's not really fair and it's still an accomplishment.

This. So tired of it...

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Fernando was the secret recipe for this success, coupled with Gaga's most wonderful melodies EVER, and the most important lyrics of her career.

I hope her next album will be a Fernando-realness, with rock and roll songs, under a new production light. Something like electro-rock, but POLITICAL, dark and hardcore.

That's how you change society. Gaga is a revolutionary human being, she deserves to put out records like these, and we deserve as a generation to be politically active and aware.

kthnxbi

Perform Living

Archived