Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

General Public or Fans?

Shadow

Featured Posts

I feel like it would be pointless to listen to an artist that is not really expressing their own ideas. So Gaga should definitely not cater to the GP. If the GP loves what she is doing than that would be a plus, but if not, I will simply continue enjoying her work.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly.  It's like when some fans use Gaga's excitement when something goes well, or when she promotes her work, as "evidence" that Gaga cares all about the charts and selling.  Of course she likes when people enjoy her work, and of course she's going to promote her work to sell as much as possible.    However, thats not the same thing as writing music specifically for chart success or sales.

Yeah. There's a difference between getting excited over Gaga's achievements/a good reception of her work and saying bull**** like "she needs to work with RedOne again because that's what we want-- because that's what will be a hit." She doesn't need to be anything but do what she wants to do. And if what she does is successful, then it's something to celebrate. 

Fans will have something to say and to complain about anyway, and you can't make a living with them.

So GP is much important for your career, this is the real success and the real $$

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

GAGA IS A QUEEN

Fans. The GP won't go to her concerts, which are the bigger money earners for artists now. 

It's not like what the fans and GP wants are completely different things, though. Fans still want her to go pop.  :nick:

Fans will have something to say and to complain about anyway, and you can't make a living with them.

So GP is much important for your career, this is the real success and the real $$

The GP hates popstars, in general or at least don't care about them enough to spend money on them.  :giveup:

SlaeUrAnus

As long as we get great music and great performances (maybe a bit marketing & promo) I will be fine. The GP are fickle and unpredictable anyway. 

I do not want Gaga changing her style and quality of music just to cater the GP. 

In my messy era.

I don't want Gaga to compromise anything.

But don't pretend like it doesn't feel good when Gaga is praised for her work. Don't pretend like YOU wouldn't feel good if your work were praised.

We're humans, not ****ing robots. We have a desire to belong and feel validated.

But, AGAIN, this does not mean Gaga has to work with Dr. Luke or "waterdown" her work. The goal is to be praised by being yourself. Don't get it mixed up.

Pretend? Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** what people think of her? Yeah, it is nice when she gets praised by the public, but the media and the public are fickle and shallow. They are like sheep. Why does needing validation considered a human trait? That is something people tend to look for when they young and insecure. When you get older, you will realize one day how useless popular opinion is and how it is better to go the way you really want and originally intended.

There are countless bands I adore that are no where near what is considered "mainstream." Isn't there an artist you like that known regionally or locally? Why should I let something so idle stop me from enjoying music I love? Why get hung up on someone else's opinion that is not your own? They are not you or me. So I guess everyone in this fan base, that includes thousands, millions of people that praise her work daily isn't good enough.

I'd rather Gaga do what she really wants with her unique creativity and incredible work ethic and the public catch on how lovely and great her work is, than for her to make music that is considered safe or whatever it takes to be easily digestable for the masses. Doesn't that sound like something you prepare for someone without teeth? We originally were attracted to her work and then enjoyed digesting the layers in which she referenced her work and whatever meaning she intended. I'd like to think there are other people out there like us that will catch on as we did as time goes on.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

djBuffoon

because u have to listen to yourself first to create the quality to begin with. none of those aformentioned albums came from wanting to please the gp in the first place. also born this way and ARTPOP are her best in quality and both wildly unpopular, the general public has terrible taste and are quite fickle, so why try and please them? no one will be pleased anyways, might as well say **** it and follow your creative way.

You hit the nail on the head.

The fans here seem to think that Born This Way was this widely beloved album. Yes, it sold a lot, and many fans love it. It is also somewhat responsible for her losing a large amount of casual listeners.

But hey, I think this forum would be more content blaming ARTPOP for everything. Which makes a lot of sense, people disliking music they never got the chance to hear. :usrs:

"to be popular again" isn't really all that accurate. I feel like she is still popular, even if it isn't necessarily for everything she does or wears. However, to support your statement, someone asked me the other day "Isn't she done now?" because they haven't heard much about her. A co-worker had zero idea about her Cheek to Cheek stuff. People just don't know. It's really not that they don't like her... they just don't SEEK her unless she's in their face.

But to answer your question...

I'D RATHER GAGA BE HERSELF AND MAKE MUSIC SHE LIKES, AND TO BE HAPPY.

Tropico

Oh my God, OP please stop. I can't breathe. You are DROWNING me in all this f--king tea. :nooo: :tea: :nooo: :tea:

I completely agree with you and I was gonna make a thread like this soon anyway. :applause:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Archived