💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

General Public or Fans?

Shadow

Featured Posts

giskardsb

she should do what she wants.  I'd rather have her flame out on her own terms than water herself down for mass consumption.   I think Gaga thinks the same way, she said as much at SxSw.  By going her own way she has just as good a chance of succeeding with something new as flaming out though, IMO.   And she'll never completely flame out... she has too much talent for that, too many things she can do.

I'm here to see what Gaga can do.  If I wanted easily digestible stuff created by teams and focus groups that the GP loves so I could brag about being a fan of a #1 pop star I'd stan for Rihanna.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well said.  :applause: I totally agree.

Sure, It'd be great to see her at the top of the charts, but the quality of the music is muuuuch more important.

Well, fans.

But it will be a huge plus if she gives us quality songs (most of the ARTPOP tracks are just :giveup: ) and make the GP love her again. That last happened during the TFM era.

Fans don't care what the GP think or say. When her creative juices flow again, the fans will have something again to cling to but until then, she has to find exactly what see needs and when.

Yeah, you and I would think so. But I keep seeing GP this or GP that around here... Weren't we GP before we became fans? And Gaga has gained new fans over the years and her fan base is still huge and global. And you're right, the moment she comes out with something uniquely her, fans tend to nest under it like chicks as they have done before.

she should do what she wants. I'd rather have her flame out on her own terms than water herself down for mass consumption. I think Gaga thinks the same way, she said as much at SxSw. By going her own way she has just as good a chance of succeeding with something new as flaming out though, IMO. And she'll never completely flame out... she has too much talent for that, too many things she can do.

I'm here to see what Gaga can do. If I wanted easily digestible stuff created by teams and focus groups that the GP loves so I could brag about being a fan of a #1 pop star I'd stan for Rihanna.

Well said. Her SXSW speech really showed how she felt about this and how she aims to be true to herself even if she "goes down with the ship." Gaga is a rebel and has always attempted to go against the grain since she started in New York. Just look what she has done with this jazz album, she definitely won some recognition for her talents, unaided by technology due to jazz's style. There is no doubt her talent is substantial.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

aaronyoji

Why does everything think that her quality work can't be popular? TF, TFM, and BTW were all amazing and they were extremely successful as well. Hell, C2C is great and it's selling steadily. 

because u have to listen to yourself first to create the quality to begin with. none of those aformentioned albums came from wanting to please the gp in the first place. also born this way and ARTPOP are her best in quality and both wildly unpopular, the general public has terrible taste and are quite fickle, so why try and please them? no one will be pleased anyways, might as well say **** it and follow your creative way. 

Yeah, you and I would think so. But I keep seeing GP this or GP that around here... Weren't we GP before we became fans? And Gaga has gained new fans over the years and her fan base is still huge and global. And you're right, the moment she comes out with something uniquely her, fans tend to nest under it like chicks as they have done before.

I actually became a fan by accident. It wasn't until I heard Poker Face during the credits shown at a end of a movie i watched. I can't remember the movie since i see many. I just loved the song. Then I did my research and found out as many others what her talent and values in life were.

As GP I only saw a Madonna wannabe with all the tricks (meat dress, etc). Now that there are many people having heard her music and seeing her talent and success, there are more people interested in what she is doing. You need to have a size-able fan base before you can develop a global base. She has accomplished in having a global fan base and they will carry her through to the next level.

Mars..........or bust!

I don't want Gaga to compromise anything.

But don't pretend like it doesn't feel good when Gaga is praised for her work. Don't pretend like YOU wouldn't feel good if your work were praised.

We're humans, not ****ing robots. We have a desire to belong and feel validated.

But, AGAIN, this does not mean Gaga has to work with Dr. Luke or "waterdown" her work. The goal is to be praised by being yourself. Don't get it mixed up.

XoXoJoanneGaga

She can do both. All of her great albums so far have been huge, that doesn't need to stop yet.

giskardsb

I don't want Gaga to compromise anything.

But don't pretend like it doesn't feel good when Gaga is praised for her work. Don't pretend like YOU wouldn't feel good if your work were praised.

We're humans, not ****ing robots. We have a desire to belong and feel validated.

But, AGAIN, this does not mean Gaga has to work with Dr. Luke or "waterdown" her work. The goal is to be praised by being yourself. Don't get it mixed up.

exactly.  It's like when some fans use Gaga's excitement when something goes well, or when she promotes her work, as "evidence" that Gaga cares all about the charts and selling.  Of course she likes when people enjoy her work, and of course she's going to promote her work to sell as much as possible.    However, thats not the same thing as writing music specifically for chart success or sales.

Elizabeth

She should just do whatever she wants. I do believe that if she wants to, she can make music which is popular without being watered down to pander to the "GP", that's essentially what she's been doing her whole career imo.

Archived