💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift to play at Hyde Park in June

Spock

Featured Posts

Yes they are ... Old, talented artists may not be playing on the radio but they still sell out stadiums, or at least arenas... (check recent u2, bon jovi, rolling stones, madonna's tour if you want to... )

But they do no have any successors... I still hope I can find some new good trash music when I am older... I hope music industry will discover new "REAL" talents like Lady GaGa...

You don't have to like Taylor, but you're delusional if you don't think she's talented. She uses all that talent to sell out the same stadiums that U2 sell out so take a seat. If she wasn't talented her album wouldn't be opening up with 1.3 million first week. I don't understand your logic, not everyone has to be on gagas level of talent, but just because they're not doesn't mean other people can't enjoy and support their music.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miranda Sings

I hope that their successors are not gonna be totally talentless, marketing objects like Katy Perry or Taylor Swift ...

Both Katy and Taylor are very talented, but I'm not going to argue with you about this.

Congrats to Taylor though! She deserves it!

AlphaMonster

You don't have to like Taylor, but you're delusional if you don't think she's talented. She uses all that talent to sell out the same stadiums that U2 sell out so take a seat. If she wasn't talented her album wouldn't be opening up with 1.3 million first week. I don't understand your logic, not everyone has to be on gagas level of talent, but just because they're not doesn't mean other people can't enjoy and support their music.

Selling too much does not signify talent. What do you think what world's most famous beats are ? We will rock you, We are the champions. The album that contain both of these songs never went higher than #3 on billboard 200. The song thriller never went higher than #4 on US Billboard Hot 100. These numbers do not signify anything. In the future, no one is gonna remember Katy Perry or Taylor Swift or their music because they are, let's not say talented, slightly talented people. They may be talented than many people of course, but I can find 1.000.000 people as talented as them in USA. 

They are pretty, marketing objects... They can never sing as good as Gaga, Katy Perry does not even write her own songs, Katy Perry and Taylor Swift do not even involve production of most of their songs... 

PS: I never told you that not everyone has to be as talented as Gaga, I said they are really untalented compared to Gaga. For example, as a contemporary artist, Lana Del Rey is very talented, also Adam Lambert, Adele, Lorde.

I said they are too untalented to seem that relevant. But as I said before, it is business Industry manipulates people like that, they think like that. No one can give a legit argument why Katy Perry would be accepted as talented for example.

Both Katy and Taylor are very talented, but I'm not going to argue with you about this.

Congrats to Taylor though! She deserves it!

All X-Factor finalists are even so much more talented than them... They are slightly talented compared to all the world's population... Compared to talented artists ... They are a big nothing... 

Selling too much does not signify talent. What do you think what world's most famous beats are ? We will rock you, We are the champions. The album that contain both of these songs never went higher than #3 on billboard 200. The song thriller never went higher than #4 on US Billboard Hot 100. These numbers do not signify anything. In the future, no one is gonna remember Katy Perry or Taylor Swift or their music because they are, let's not say talented, slightly talented people. They may be talented than many people of course, but I can find 1.000.000 people as talented as them in USA. 

They are pretty, marketing objects... They can never sing as good as Gaga, Katy Perry does not even write her own songs, Katy Perry and Taylor Swift do not even involve production of most of their songs... 

I'm sorry but you are being such a mess right now.

First, do not put Katy and Taylor in the same bag.

And second, Taylor is talented. She was recruited as a songwriter for a huge ass country label when she was fourteen years old. She writes all of her songs (wrote an album all by herself) and is the youngest ever Album of the Year award recipient (she has seven Grammys). The whole industry respects her and not only is she the poster girl of the concert revitalization of the 2010's but is credited along with Beyonce for saving the record industry with her new album.

People respect her, people like her, people go to her concerts and people buy her albums because she is a brand and her brand means talent and quality.

Singing Jazz, wearing meat and covering yourself in blood doesn't mean that you have more talent than everybody else.

You don't like her? Ok, cool, awesome. Now leave and stop derailing threads with stupid ass comments

who will love me when the night is over

AlphaMonster

And second, Taylor is talented. She was recruited as a songwriter for a huge ass country label when she was fourteen years old. She writes all of her songs (wrote an album all by herself) and is the youngest ever Album of the Year award recipient (she has seven Grammys). The whole industry respects her and not only is she the poster girl of the concert revitalization of the 2010's but is credited along with Beyonce for saving the record industry with her new album.

People respect her, people like her, people go to her concerts and people buy her albums because she is a brand and her brand means talent and quality.

Singing Jazz, wearing meat and covering yourself in blood doesn't mean that you have more talent than everybody else.

You don't like her? Ok, cool, awesome. Now leave and stop derailing threads with stupid ass comments

Being an artist is a whole different label. Writing lyrics and producing music is not special, that is an actual must contrary to what all popular artists do. She did not involve in production of more than half of her songs for 1989. She is dancing slightly, nothing is special about her.

When we say Gaga, Mercury, MJ everyone can say something about their iconic looks or performances, there is nothing like that for Taylor. That signifies how an artist they are.

Wearing a meat is a different type of artistry. That was iconic, and contrary to Swift ,these iconic symbols belong to artists. John Lennon's glasses, Freddie Mercury's mustache and mic, Gaga's meet dress... Taylor Swift is talented but slightly... Only reason she is big now because they make money out of her pretty face... She is gonna be nothing as she gets older... Because she has nothing special. She is no better than any X-Factor Finalist.

By the way, taylor is more talented than Katy Perry but that is nothing to be proud of, Katy Perry is a singer who can not sing. 

Being an artist is a whole different label. Writing lyrics and producing music is not special, that is an actual must contrary to what all popular artists do. She did not involve in production of more than half of her songs for 1989. She is dancing slightly, nothing is special about her.

When we say Gaga, Mercury, MJ everyone can say something about their iconic looks or performances, there is nothing like that for Taylor. That signifies how an artist they are.

Wearing a meet is a different type of artistry. That was iconic, and contrary to Swift these iconic symbols belong to artists. John Lennon's glasses, Freddie Mercury's mustache and mic, Gaga's meet dress... Taylor Swift is talented but slightly... Only reason she is big now because they make money out of her pretty face... She is gonna be nothing as she gets older... Because she has nothing special. She is no better than any X-Factor Finalist.

By the way, taylor is more talented than Katy Perry but that is nothing to be proud of, Katy Perry is a singer who can not sing. 

I'm getting tired of spewing the same **** over and over again but it is completely idiotic to compare Gaga and Taylor because they see and write music in a totally different way. They are different artists therefore their music goals, performances, albums and way they present themselves are enormously different. The same can be said about the other artists you mentioned between them. The fact that Gaga did this or John Lennon did that does not mean that they are better than or above Taylor.

Oh so if "Writing lyrics and producing music is not special" why don't you do it and send me the link to you new hit album?

And you are shading Katy Perry in a post that is totally uncalled for.

But I guess you're right! Now, why don't you bookmark me and quote me when this year's X Factor finalist sells three consecutive 1M+ albums in the first week, record sells out venues across the world and saves the record industry mkay?

Now please gtfo because you are spamming the thread. Thanks.

I'm sorry but you are being such a mess right now.

Slay

I'm getting tired of spewing the same **** over and over again but it is completely idiotic to compare Gaga and Taylor because they see and write music in a totally different way. They are different artists therefore their music goals, performances, albums and way they present themselves are enormously different. The same can be said about the other artists you mentioned between them. The fact that Gaga did this or John Lennon did that does not mean that they are better than or above Taylor.

Oh so if "Writing lyrics and producing music is not special" why don't you do it and send me the link to you new hit album?

But I guess you're right! Now, why don't you bookmark me and quote me when this year's X Factor finalist sells three consecutive 1M+ albums in the first week, record sells out venues across the world and saves the record industry mkay?

Slay again

AlphaMonster

AND YES I AM REPEATING THE SAME THING YOU STATISTICS DARLING 

The album that contains We will rock you, We are the champions never went #1 . The song Thriller never went #1. The most iconic songs ever. 

Selling has nothing to do with talent. Taylor is less talented than Gaga, than John Lennon, than Freddie Mercury. These 3 saw music very differently too. They produced very different type of musics. Being iconic and legendary and very talented has nothing to do with what you said. 

Even Elton John has legendary looks with his colourful suits, glasses and big earrings. Only thing he does is sitting in front of piano. Being an icon, being the one, being a talented person has nothing to do with what you said again !

And being iconic is related to talent, it signifies artistry. 

An the last thing. Are you stupid? A musician is supposed to write and produce music. This is a must for a musician, this is the reason why I am not a musician. I never claimed that I am more talented than her but honestly I can not imagine everybody who is more talented than me being an artist. And also this is reason why Taylor Swift is just a basic popular singer. 

I am talking about artistry, being a talented person, being a real musician.. You're telling me that but she is selling so much. Even Milli Vanilli sold millions in that business.  Sorry for giving you the red pill... 

AND YES I AM REPEATING THE SAME THING YOU STATISTICS DARLING

The album that contains We will rock you, We are the champions never went #1 . The song Thriller never went #1. The most iconic songs ever.

Selling has nothing to do with talent. Taylor is less talented than Gaga, than John Lennon, than Freddie Mercury. These 3 saw music very differently too. They produced very different type of musics. Being iconic and legendary and very talented has nothing to do with what you said.

Even Elton John has legendary looks with his colourful suits, glasses and big earrings. Only thing he does is sitting in front of piano. Being an icon, being the one, being a talented person has nothing to do with what you said again !

An the last thing. Are you stupid? A musician is supposed to write and produce music. This is a must for a musician, this is the reason why I am not a musician. I never claimed that I am more talented than her but honestly I can not imagine everybody who is talented than me being as an artist. And also this is reason why Taylor Swift is just a basic popular singer.

I am talking about artistry, being a talented person, being a real musician.. You're telling me that but she is selling so much. Even Milli Vanilli sold millions in that business. Sorry for giving you the red pill...

Yes you are right.

Now in the words of iconic chanteuse Azealia Banks, poof poof be gone b---h.

And thank you for calling me stupid.

:kissga:

Keep the thread on topic please :)

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

AlphaMonster

Yes you are right.

Now in the words of chanteuse Azealia Banks, poof poof be gone b---h.

And thank you for calling me stupid.

:kissga:

Which cave are you from with that ignorance? I have no idea ... Poof Poof Gone Bitch... You are so cool and so poetic ... Impressive ...

To make a comment. Katy Perry and Taylor Swift should not be able to sell out big arenas... Their music is trash music, consume-and-done type music. Just like Lady Gaga's, Madonna's and Michael Jackson's most songs, but at least these singers write their own songs and perform very theatrically. They are very talented people, game changers; on other hand Katy and Taylor are just radio-darlings... I would like to hear anyone's legit arguments why they are talented... 

Only aspects Katy Perry and Taylor Swift have better than people mentioned above are their physical beauty.

A. We're in the entertainment section of the forum, this is specifically used for us to a--lyze the world of media that may or may not deal or have any impact on Gaga; as such it does belong here as Taylor is a major music force currently and within the same genre as Gaga (if you must relate back to her in this case)

B. I'm not a TayTay or Katy stan by any means (I do enjoy 1989 but I'm definitely not keeping track of her aside from the general stories) however both artists are in fact talented; Taylor for example is directly involved in the song making process and is instrumental in every song. Are they also attractive? Yes, we live in a world that elevates talent because of it but that shouldn't discredit anything further. 

Yes they are ... Old, talented artists may not be playing on the radio but they still sell out stadiums, or at least arenas... (check recent u2, bon jovi, rolling stones, madonna's tour if you want to... )

C. Those are what you'd call 'legend' acts. They just happened to withstand the test of time and remain relevant through new projects and fostering an audience over hit stations and classic rock stations. The hits still play, and acts will continue like them however they won't be within the same mold. You can only have a generic group of rock guys on stage so many times, music will come in waves and new acts will stand on top both long term and short term (rock wise Foo Fighters are still killing it and will likely be a legend act should they choose to continue). 

Selling too much does not signify talent. What do you think what world's most famous beats are ? We will rock you, We are the champions. The album that contain both of these songs never went higher than #3 on billboard 200. The song thriller never went higher than #4 on US Billboard Hot 100. These numbers do not signify anything. In the future, no one is gonna remember Katy Perry or Taylor Swift or their music because they are, let's not say talented, slightly talented people.

I said they are too untalented to seem that relevant. But as I said before, it is business Industry manipulates people like that, they think like that. No one can give a legit argument why Katy Perry would be accepted as talented for example.

All X-Factor finalists are even so much more talented than them... They are slightly talented compared to all the world's population... Compared to talented artists ... They are a big nothing... 

D. Is it marketing? Of course, but your argument has a hole. X-Factor contestants may be able to sing better than a lot of artists on radio today however they don't possess the 'full package'. They don't have that power and control over a room that makes you stop and stare in awe and feel something. It's almost the equivalent to seeing a local singer at a karaoke bar, they may be good but in many cases they're just a solid voice. This goes hand in hand with your 1,000,000 person example really, you can find any number of great voices but a majority won't have 'it'. 

E. Where is your facts in which the worlds most famous beats are WWRY and WATC? Both are great and heavily influential however you're discrediting yourself entirely by throwing up false information that is purely based on your love of Queen (who're great don't get me wrong by any means). There's also no way you know for sure who will and won't be remembered, for all we know an artist like Ariana could become more iconic than Gaga (not  an Ari stan, just an example). You have zero say in who's remembered, and while I don't know for sure; I'm willing to bet that both TayTay and Katy will have some tracks still played and recognition within the future. Sales do mean quite a bit as well, however it is with different precedence and within context that we must look at each case. You can't simply blanket a statement in discrediting charts because certain songs in the 70's/80's didn't chart high, that's beyond preposterous. There's a context you're missing that is blinding to you due to your love of these artists and songs. 

Taylor Swift is talented but slightly... Only reason she is big now because they make money out of her pretty face... She is gonna be nothing as she gets older... Because she has nothing special. She is no better than any X-Factor Finalist.

F. You just contradicted yourself by saying that producing isn't special and then going on to say that TayTay wasn't involved which led you to saying she isn't an artist. So I'm slightly confused what you're even arguing about with producing when saying her lack of involvement is negative yet then going on to say that her actual involvement is nothing special. And millions would disagree due to her lyricism that connects with people just as Freddy's has within his time. 

G. Fair enough, though I could see her easily becoming something similar to Stevie Nicks in the future and being a singer songwriter as she ages for the hell of it. 

H. See above for your X-Factor argument, and also show me some stats on the amount of people within those shows who are great and still revered now. Don't worry, I'll wait. I'm willing to bet your list is less than the amount of fingers you have. 

An the last thing. Are you stupid? A musician is supposed to write and produce music. This is a must for a musician, this is the reason why I am not a musician. I never claimed that I am more talented than her but honestly I can not imagine everybody who is more talented than me being an artist. And also this is reason why Taylor Swift is just a basic popular singer. 

I. I'd argue that the Beatles had more iconic songs in addition to other MJ tracks, but hey your 'most iconic songs ever' are clearly in a different space than mine. 

J. I'd argue TayTay's talent and artistry lies in her songwriting in addition to her ability to connect with a mass audience just the same as other artists you've mentioned. Not everyone needs certain 'looks' to get by, do they help? Certainly. But it's not a necessity. This again is where you're really off when you don't at least research her songwriting credits for her work, but hey you do you boo boo. 

So many Gaga fans are quick to kneel at the altar of success!

Or did the success happen cuz people liked the music? Wake up and stop being delusional, her new album is amazing, even better than Red

AlphaMonster

A- That is okay I did not know that 

B-Check credits of 1989, she is not involved in making process of all the songs... She did not do anything at production of most of the songs... (more than half including lead single) 

I did not discredit their talent because they are beautiful and s-xy. I say that they are more successful thanks to that, they are not actually that much talented... Please do not make me answer to unsubstantiated counterarguments. I did not say what you mentioned. I am saying p is not q. you re saying not q is not not p ... They are different things. 

C-I said that because Taylor Swift and Katy Perry is slightly talented, I am scared that they are gonna be to future's legends because industry manipulates people in this way.

D- I think they are also more talented at performing. Did you see Katy Perry live for example? Her voice is so weak that she is not able to do anything other than trying to sing,(her face aches etc) if she moves, she sounds horrible... (even if she does not move, her voice cracks once in every 5 seconds. This argument is only valid for Britney Spears... Acting, performing wise I can count so many artists who are better than those TS, KP but does not get same attention. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sGJ_pSyop8 (be honest do you think that Katy Perry or Taylor Swift can be that impressive ? ) 

E- Those are examples to show why chart success does not define how relevant an artist is ... I did not get your Ariana example, she is not as iconic as Gaga. There is not a context I am missing because of that I showed my point, you are not giving any arguments... you are just making statements out of nothing... They are gonna be remembered surely, but if you say their name, people of our age will remember them, they are not gonna be legacy as queen, Beatles or even Celine Dion are etc. 

ps: just say one of the most iconics because I could not find the research. There was a research about what is the most famous beat of the world... 

F- It is a special talent compared to masses, compared to all the people. For a musician it is a must ! It is not a special thing for them. It is what musicians have to do ! Clear ? 

And also she is not the only songwriter... She probably does not write every song as most of today's artists... Even if they change a word they get credit... (This is an assumption not sure) . And Freddie Mercury was producing music too. Not only lyrics... 

G- That would be better if I knew what you are answering to in that . 

H- so much that I cannot even show. The reason why they are not remembered because they are not like a model, they do not get marketing. They mostly have not that appealing imagery. And you know to create a pop hit, you do not need a talented puppet, you just need a eh-eh voice, and a beautiful face. 

I- let me give you some insights about hypothesis, theory and law. A statement is a hypothesis, it can be false or true. Theory is a hypothesis that always seem to be true when you look at all the examples. And law is hypothesis which you can prove that it is impossible for this hypothesis to be false.  Just one counter argument can make a hypothesis wrong... 

What is my hypothesis here ? 

Chart success means that singer has talent, or is iconic, or is gonna be remembered in the future... 

Counter arguments: some of the most famous songs of the world, and their artist did not get that much chart success... 

So this hypothesis is wrong. Beatles was successful chartwise and also legendary, but they are not talented and legendary because they had chart success ... 

Do not give me counter arguments before understanding my argument please... 

J- Go back to F for your answer... I've done my research ...

Archived