💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why I think Gaga's Less Popular

Rolodex of Hate

Featured Posts

RainingOnMe

Some people really over think it; she hasn't released pop in a year now, and the GP wasn't here for an all-covers album of jazz music to begin with. I mean, the GP that was here for it thought it was an original album like myself. I won't deny that her covers are amazing, but people just prefer more original. These factors do add on also, that art pop was a disappointing release itself so that tops the reasons why she's not popular anymore.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She latched onto the gays too fast 

82483596.gif

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58j2Umub9eA

anyone remember this?? her myspace fashion.

This is one of the first videos that made intrigued by her....

I think this level of approachability is missing from her.

Somehow (generalising) we tend to assume accessibility to being basic. Ask a GP with whom they want to be friends with, and (logically assuming) most of them would say they want to be friends with this character instead of the present one.

Her outfits used to be (again assuming) described as quirky, connoting an element of fun. Now it's more try-hard, idiotic, bizzare (some people think otherwise would be dressing as a basic artist - again generalising) and downright outrageous.

It's actually because her promotion is bad since Troy left, and she is not driven to succeed anymore. She didn't promote G.U.Y, she didn't give DWUW a video (so what if If the original video got scrapped, she could have done another one, even a basic floppy video like TEOG's would have helped)

So she's not popular because:

She's doesn't promote her stuff well enough

She does not try hard enough anymore

Agree. I think two words summarsise this: Lazy and purposeless. I think she always euphemistically say she does not need to prove to the GP that she can top the charts - like an excuse to be lazy. Some may argue she is hardworking instead - like writing new songs everyday, or one thousand songs for BTW (I may exaggerate, my memory may have failed me). But, it has always been quality instead of quantity.

Experience with the audience is extremely crucial. Like many have mentioned, the constant championing of deviants tend to alienate the GP. They do not want to be attached to such stigmas. This is not the experience we want to create with the audience.

Another point, I do not see why she has to keep proving to us her myriad myriad abilities as a musician. I do not think the public is bothered to know that a pop star can sing those high notes well.

Something that always confuse me is why whenever an artist caters to the needs of the GP, we would always deem the end product as basic. How do we draw the line as what is basic and what is not basic? Does something that is accessible to the public mean that it is downgraded to plain vanilla? Or could we just take it as simple, clear and focussed. Something that delivers a clear message to the public, instead of being strewn with obscure words or symbolism. Do we define something that is not basic as something with foreign language or words? Do we define something that is not basic as something that uses heavily symbolism and metaphors upon metaphors? Is something that differs slightly from the four-chord progression not basic? I wonder …

I think a good song, is a song that connects. A song that resonates with the audience, that touches their souls, stir their emotions, and challenges the thinkings of the status quo - and by this, is not just a plain mention, nor a surface scratch of the issue; it has to delve deeper than that.

Also, I think she has defined herself incorrectly as an artist; she should not limit herself like that. I think she is more suitable as an entertainer. The field of entertainment. This is what she needs. From the start of TFM (in my opinion - I know many disagree) her performances have been less electrifying. In video terms, it peaked at BR. If her focus is less myopic, plenty of opportunities will be up for grabs; she can innovate herself in different ways while still being in essence, an entertainer. This is much different than changing industries, say from pop to rock to jazz to opera etc. That feels more like she has no further options to develop in the first industry, so she has to switch.

I just want to summarise what she meant to me when I first saw her online, and I directly quote from her:

"Very sophisticated, elegant, futuristic - GAGA"

A Beaverhausen

I am glad lady gaga has become more human and normal, (relatable) She does not want to play by the rules of *Pop Music* Nobody should define you or say you belong in this genre of music, You must sing this, wear this and act this way! This is refreshing & beautiful to see someone who has not let the fame, or enigma of Gaga consume her Identity. I do agree she has not been as successful in the past when she first emerged onto the scene.  In my Opinion, she will be remembered years later as a legend, The Picasso of Pop! we live in a very cynical and materialistic  world where to be successful in the music industry you have to look like a hot skinny blonde bimbo and  release the same Auto tuned songs. Lady gaga is all about the MUSIC not the bling ;) She has become more underground. hardcore, kick ass, A true and Original artist. She is still in the early stages of her career, In order to succeed you have to fail, I am looking forward to how she expresses her ART in the next Album. Stars can't shine without darkness, Marry the night . The phoenix will rise again and burn this place to the ****ing ground ;)  ( we have to also take into account all the people who have used and betrayed gaga throughout the ARTPOP era as why she is less popular, her creative visions where destroyed by fame hungry Wolves) The artist should be in control. Time for some Jazz, Champagne and Nasty Sexxx Dreams! Good night x Sorry for Rambling on and on, I've had a little bit too much, What's the name of this chat? Just dance...............

Rolodex of Hate

I can't see the lies

tumblr_ljd4cq9gig1qiz3j8o1_400.gif

the tea

Thank you! :hug:
We have no legal choice but to stan

One could list a hundred of different reasons about why Gaga is less popular these days than she used to be. But in the end it's all about the music. The quality of music (strong melodies, sing-along choruses, good production etc) just correlates better than anything else with the popularity of a musician.

-But what about the lack of promotion? Yes there was lack of promotion with DWUW and G.U.Y but if a song is truly a good song it will get noticed no matter what. How come some debut singles of upcoming artists climbed up the charts when the songs had no promotion when they were released and no1 knew about the Singer? DWUW is a good song yes but talking about G.U.Y...a decent production is nothing when the chorus is that weak melodically.  

-Remember the 1st time listening to TFM or discovering Bad Romance watching it from YouTube FrontPage? I instantly knew it was some of the best music out there at those times. But when I listened ARTPOP for the 1st time my 1st feeling was disappointment.

SlaeUrAnus

There's a few key reasons why her career has declined.

1. She's become predictable - At first all of the outlandish outfits and constant, daily image overhauls were exciting and well executed. There was some real thought behind the costuming, and clearly this was because she was working with a much stronger team. Six years later, she's arguably fallen into a rut image-wise and the outfits are now no longer enough to sustain the GP's interest. Most of the looks from this era have been a hot mess honestly.

2. She became way overexposed - The public just became exhausted with her being everywhere all the time.

3. The rabid fan-base - Let's face it, she aligned herself too closely with a fan-base that was made up of social misfits that alienated most of the general public. Her fan base became increasingly aggressive towards anyone who criticized Gaga, and they posted some really hateful stuff about other people.

4. It all comes back to the music - ARTPOP is just not a stellar album like TF or TFM, or BTW. I personally believe that BTW was her most accomplished record. Applause had a catchy hook, but honestly lyrically it was just too bizarre and polarizing.

5. She started to take herself way too seriously and sounded pretentious and out of touch.

6. Too much self-victimizing. Fans want a strong powerful female voice, not someone whining about their career decline.

This, this and this! Great post!

In my messy era.

DWUW and GUY shouldn't have been singles.

I mean Venus, Gypsy and Sexxx Dreams are all seething.

BYE

brizoda

Am I the only one who loves the fact that she's not the enigmatic, mysterious pop star from the TF era anymore? I mean, sure people were fascinated by her but I like her much more now that she's not afraid to open up and to show her vulnerable side. She's a human after all, and people seem to forget that. She used to rely a lot on gimmicks and shock value, which obviously served a purpose since she wanted people to talk about her, but let's face it, there's no way it could've lasted forever. 

I think Gaga is entering a new phase in her career. Remember when she said "This is the end of the beginning of my career"? She's ready to let her talent speak for itself without hindering it with intricate concepts and gimmicks. Gaga has something a lot of pop stars don't, and that's soul. When she sings, you know that it comes straight from the heart, and while I do enjoy songs like Poker Face or Just Dance, which are extremely fun and catchy, I don't think they represent what Gaga is all about. Gaga is so much more than just fun party songs, she has the ability to write songs that are deep and heartfelt and to truly connect with a song. Take Lush Life for example. Of course she didn't write it, but she truly connects with that song, so when she sings it, you can feel the emotion in every word. No other pop star has the ability to move me to tears the way Gaga does. I think she's starting to show the world her true potential, and I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us, because I have a feeling we're going to be blown away. 

you're talking about Gaga has soul and i think you're right.

My impression is that the GP don't like music with soul and for that reason people are interested in Gaga anymore since BTW-

music with soul make them uncomfortable, and a lot of people don't like to think they only like to be entertained

Duella Dvil

Giskard, aka R. Giskard Reventlov, is a humunoid robot in Issac Asimov's "The Robots of Dawn" novel and others.  SB are my "real" initials.

So proud of you!!!!

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Archived