💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why I think Gaga's Less Popular

Rolodex of Hate

Featured Posts

Precisely.

When I heard TF and TFM, I kept saying to myself "it's catchy and all, but this is the work of a classically-trained pianist? It's four chords and über-simple melodies." Then BTW and AP came out, and I appreciated the music more because it was more expansive and she wasn't spoon-feeding anymore.

Do you mean like the part in Judas (juda-juda-a-as, juda-juda-a-as, judas Gaga) and  the similarities with Bad Romance (Rarara ohla Gaga...)? 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

Do you mean like the part in Judas (juda-juda-a-as, juda-juda-a-as, judas Gaga) and the similarities with Bad Romance (Rarara ohla Gaga...)?

Stuff like that, yes, but also extremely simple melodies and standard chord progressions. Still good music, mind you, I just wanted her to go further.

Stuff like that, yes, but also extremely simple melodies and standard chord progressions. Still good music, mind you, I just wanted her to go further.

Ok you're right on this part. That's not really 'original' for her...

But I want some tunes that stays in my mind. Like: About That Bass (not that she has to write songs like that) but that's a song I keep singing the whole day and it stucks in my head and that's good because it gives you more popularity..

I don't care how popular she is because I lover her, but other fanbases make fun of her and than I wish: 'Please have a new hit. And show those haters you still have it.'

I know it's not pretty clear what I mean, but I hope I kinda explained what I feel. :)

djBuffoon

Ok you're right on this part. That's not really 'original' for her...

But I want some tunes that stays in my mind. Like: About That Bass (not that she has to write songs like that) but that's a song I keep singing the whole day and it stucks in my head and that's good because it gives you more popularity..

I don't care how popular she is because I lover her, but other fanbases make fun of her and than I wish: 'Please have a new hit. And show those haters you still have it.'

I know it's not pretty clear what I mean, but I hope I kinda explained what I feel. :)

I would argue that "Applause" and "DWUW" had everything it takes to fill that void. Not the best songs on AP, but they were refreshing, well-produced, and catchy as HELL. But, the public clearly wasn't here for Gaga, and it's a shame because her music is far superior than the songs that make it big nowadays. Unfortunately, that's the kind of stuff that no artist can really control.

I would argue that "Applause" and "DWUW" had everything it takes to fill that void. Not the best songs on AP, but they were refreshing, well-produced, and catchy as HELL. But, the public clearly wasn't here for Gaga, and it's a shame because her music is far superior than the songs that make it big nowadays. Unfortunately, that's the kind of stuff that no artist can really control.

I still believe she will make a comeback. Every artist has a little "down period" in their career. 

VforVendetta

I don't want to sound rude to the op, cause everyone is entitled to their own opinion and blah blah. Now here's mine: Stars can't be on top forever. Especially like Gaga, cause when she was on top she achieved things that nobody was able to do in a lot of time. She really was the biggest star. Now with every new release we have a new queen of pop. :toofunny: First Katy is the new queen of pop, even if her era is not that much successful than Gaga's, then Beyonce releases her album with big numbers and she's the queen, then Nicki breaks some internet record and she's queen, but wait it's Taylor Swift now, cause she'll have huge first week sales(and whatever happened to Miley ever since twerking?)... This just goes to show how huge Gaga was when back then, cause ever since Gaga's peak nobody has been able to achieve what she did. What she "needs" is one big hit. That's it. It's not about the costumes, the blood, her penis or whatever... :toofunny: The second she releases a huge single all the bandwagoners and media  will jump on her **** again. It's not that hard, so don't write Gaga off so quickly, just cause she's not #1. Remember that when everyone else are saying she's a flop and her career is dead and gone she's still more successful than %99.999999 of the entertainers out there.

:tea::thetea::tea:

djBuffoon

I still believe she will make a comeback. Every artist has a little "down period" in their career.

Without a doubt. I said "wasn't here" because they will be back for her. She has vision and talent, few people in contemporary pop have both (or either). The other shoe is going to drop eventually

Jesse Pinkman

I actually think that all the stuff she did early on in her career hurt her. She should've taken it a bit slower. Her rise to fame was astronomical, some people say the biggest rise in history. It's impossible to top that. I think that's part of what led to her burning herself out.

As the saying goes:

Slow and steady wins the race.

Now, I think Gaga has a chance to come back. She just needs to take her time and play her cards right.

It's science, bitch

I don't want to sound rude to the op, cause everyone is entitled to their own opinion and blah blah. Now here's mine: Stars can't be on top forever. Especially like Gaga, cause when she was on top she achieved things that nobody was able to do in a lot of time. She really was the biggest star. Now with every new release we have a new queen of pop. :toofunny: First Katy is the new queen of pop, even if her era is not that much successful than Gaga's, then Beyonce releases her album with big numbers and she's the queen, then Nicki breaks some internet record and she's queen, but wait it's Taylor Swift now, cause she'll have huge first week sales(and whatever happened to Miley ever since twerking?)... This just goes to show how huge Gaga was when back then, cause ever since Gaga's peak nobody has been able to achieve what she did. What she "needs" is one big hit. That's it. It's not about the costumes, the blood, her penis or whatever... :toofunny: The second she releases a huge single all the bandwagoners and media will jump on her **** again. It's not that hard, so don't write Gaga off so quickly, just cause she's not #1. Remember that when everyone else are saying she's a flop and her career is dead and gone she's still more successful than %99.999999 of the entertainers out there.

Agreed with your words, well said. :applause:

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Jesse Pinkman

I don't want to sound rude to the op, cause everyone is entitled to their own opinion and blah blah. Now here's mine: Stars can't be on top forever. Especially like Gaga, cause when she was on top she achieved things that nobody was able to do in a lot of time. She really was the biggest star. Now with every new release we have a new queen of pop. :toofunny: First Katy is the new queen of pop, even if her era is not that much successful than Gaga's, then Beyonce releases her album with big numbers and she's the queen, then Nicki breaks some internet record and she's queen, but wait it's Taylor Swift now, cause she'll have huge first week sales(and whatever happened to Miley ever since twerking?)... This just goes to show how huge Gaga was when back then, cause ever since Gaga's peak nobody has been able to achieve what she did. What she "needs" is one big hit. That's it. It's not about the costumes, the blood, her penis or whatever... :toofunny: The second she releases a huge single all the bandwagoners and media will jump on her **** again. It's not that hard, so don't write Gaga off so quickly, just cause she's not #1. Remember that when everyone else are saying she's a flop and her career is dead and gone she's still more successful than %99.999999 of the entertainers out there.

Also this. :yes:

It's science, bitch

If there's one thing Gaga is not, it's a regular, basic pop star.

This is actually the answer.  The public wants basic and the critics will reward the regular basic pop stars.  Gaga would rather be creative and follow her visions even if that costs her popularity.  Those of us who love what she creates are very happy she takes this path.

I live outside the space time continuum.

LaLuna

Am I the only one who loves the fact that she's not the enigmatic, mysterious pop star from the TF era anymore? I mean, sure people were fascinated by her but I like her much more now that she's not afraid to open up and to show her vulnerable side. She's a human after all, and people seem to forget that. She used to rely a lot on gimmicks and shock value, which obviously served a purpose since she wanted people to talk about her, but let's face it, there's no way it could've lasted forever. 

I think Gaga is entering a new phase in her career. Remember when she said "This is the end of the beginning of my career"? She's ready to let her talent speak for itself without hindering it with intricate concepts and gimmicks. Gaga has something a lot of pop stars don't, and that's soul. When she sings, you know that it comes straight from the heart, and while I do enjoy songs like Poker Face or Just Dance, which are extremely fun and catchy, I don't think they represent what Gaga is all about. Gaga is so much more than just fun party songs, she has the ability to write songs that are deep and heartfelt and to truly connect with a song. Take Lush Life for example. Of course she didn't write it, but she truly connects with that song, so when she sings it, you can feel the emotion in every word. No other pop star has the ability to move me to tears the way Gaga does. I think she's starting to show the world her true potential, and I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us, because I have a feeling we're going to be blown away. 

FameHookah

Born This Way gayness and uglyness scared her casual fans

It was disgusting and preachy...

If it wasnt for TFM and TF that album would have tanked.

It also ruined ARTPOP's fate. :MANiCURE:

WTF is MDNA

Archived