💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why I think Gaga's Less Popular

Rolodex of Hate

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

Gaga's decline roots from her lack of promotion after the DWUW blackout, that's it.

I mean Applause slayed, because promotion matters.

Applause had bad promo though WW though. WIth good promo WW the song could have slayed much more.

DWUW got great promo all in all but it never got a video. 

They messed up everything in that Era.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
artpopmess

She's less popular because other pop stars copied her ideas that made her stand out in the first place, that's all 

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

One Five Ten

Gaga's decline roots from her lack of promotion after the DWUW blackout, that's it.

I mean Applause slayed, because promotion matters.

You said it all in two lines... ARTPOP 'failed' because Gaga didn't put in the promotion. Born This Way was huge (regardless of what anyone says about the singles not doing as well).

With proper promotion for the next album, Gaga can be huge again. She's not hated by the public. She's just not visible to them anymore. 

I agree with this. She used to be untouchable, mysterious, hard to understand and people wanted to find out more. Now she's just too accessible :shrug:

I actually agree with this. There's no suspense for the GP to find out about what her next move is. They're accustomed to her behaviour. 

Yup yup yup. Also @8bit-heart, on being accustomed to her behaviour... I think the suspense for surprise with her music videos - which from Paparazzi to the end of TFM I feel were things the GP had their ears the most perked up for - is pretty much lost now too... whilst Gaga's videos are still enjoyable to people.. I don't think they've been necessarily game changing or provocative to people like the ones I mentioned were.. She seems to have a formula for her music videos to me.. whilst the visual content is different.. there is like a checklist of ... Nudity and s-xuality, loose narrative, avante garde fashion/props, and dance shots dancers.. You could say that is what most other artists' videos are like.. might be true.. but I feel that Gaga had a winning streak for a while.. and in an interview with Ryan Seacrest during Telephone's release.. I think he said she brought back something that had been lost... where the release of a music video is in an event.. like it was with Michael Jackson's videos. I don't think the public really feels the same way they did about her videos because they are sort of predictable in their factors perhaps.. a predictable quirkyness.

Brooke Candy

The ACTUAL REASON why gaga is less popular now, is because of her crappy old team ( = bad/weak promo) and INTERSCOPE Not allowing her to release the best songs as singles.

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Bradley

born this way era was the beginning of her decline IMO, people were getting sick of her because a. she was so overexposed and b. she came off as being quite preachy and dignified tbh

aww of course :heart: :heart:

She did underperform with Marry The Night, but that's because the song was too experimental for the general public. I used to skip that song on Born This Way because I really hated it, until she releases it as a single and soon it grew on me. So the moderate success that Marry the Night achieved was really fortunate and that resulted from good promotion (MTV EMA performance, The Ellen Show, Bambi Awards). So generally, Marry the Night was not her real decline.

Applause slayed BECAUSE OF GOOD PROMOTION.

Do What U Want, the beginning of her mess still managed to sell 1,300,000 copies in the US because of the AMA performance, SNL performance and some other big TV appearances that she participated in. So she was still in shape back in the DWUW era.

But G.U.Y. is a different story. One simple reason: Lack of promotion

So Gaga's flop is really not because of the GP not giving her chances, the GP loses interest in her, the GP is bored or tired of her,

NO! With three albums (TF, TFM, BTW), she has been doing the same thing all over again and again, the GP still loved her even in the Marry the Night era),

In short: Her decline does not result from the GP, it resulted from herself/her label.

This comment that I made is a positive comment, as you can see if you support the idea of the GP getting over her, no matter how hard she tries with her next album, she will still flop, there's nothing you can do about it.

But if it turns out the situation is my theory, then as long as she works hard, she'll get her fortune back.

Bradley

You said it all in two lines... ARTPOP 'failed' because Gaga didn't put in the promotion. Born This Way was huge (regardless of what anyone says about the singles not doing as well).

With proper promotion for the next album, Gaga can be huge again. She's not hated by the public. She's just not visible to them anymore. 

Your opinion is exactly the same with mine. People still a--lyze from the GP's opinion towards Gaga while everything just roots from the promotion matter.

I don't want to sound rude to the op, cause everyone is entitled to their own opinion and blah blah. Now here's mine: Stars can't be on top forever. Especially like Gaga, cause when she was on top she achieved things that nobody was able to do in a lot of time. She really was the biggest star. Now with every new release we have a new queen of pop. :toofunny: First Katy is the new queen of pop, even if her era is not that much successful than Gaga's, then Beyonce releases her album with big numbers and she's the queen, then Nicki breaks some internet record and she's queen, but wait it's Taylor Swift now, cause she'll have huge first week sales(and whatever happened to Miley ever since twerking?)... This just goes to show how huge Gaga was when back then, cause ever since Gaga's peak nobody has been able to achieve what she did. What she "needs" is one big hit. That's it. It's not about the costumes, the blood, her penis or whatever... :toofunny: The second she releases a huge single all the bandwagoners and media  will jump on her **** again. It's not that hard, so don't write Gaga off so quickly, just cause she's not #1. Remember that when everyone else are saying she's a flop and her career is dead and gone she's still more successful than %99.999999 of the entertainers out there.

I'm not agree at all.

I never seen Gaga like this 'enigma' - 'untouchable' popstar especially at the beginning of her career, beside her looks she's always been very sweet and gentle during the interviews, always opened up about her personal life and always nice with the fans.

Things changed in her life during these years and now she has different-new problems and other things compared to the beginning, but people and general public don't even care about her personal issues.

And to me it's great that she opened up about her personal struggles because the fans who care about also this aspect of her life recognize that she is still an human being and they feel connect to her.

This is very far away to put her in the 'basic-regular' popstar, she is still doing unexpected things, a "regular" popstar would have never done a Jazz Album with her musically past.

it's because Madonna marked her when they were doing the SNL sketch and in 2012 she cursed her :reductive:

Madonna's limitless power :queenga:

super ultra

I agree with some points :applause: in the past she was so mysterious, we (and literally everyone) wanted to know more about her. in the BTW era she started to talk about her personal life, she became an opened book. sometimes I miss those times when she kept everything as a secret  :ohwell:

I actually think it does work in her favour. We already have pop stars like Katy Perry, Taylor etc. who are considered 'basic' or 'normal'. It was refreshing to have a pop star who went against the norm. We don't need another regular pop star I'm sorry :shrug:

I agree with that, but I don't view Gaga as being basic or boring and I don't think the GP do either.

Rolodex of Hate
I agree with some points :applause: in the past she was so mysterious, we (and literally everyone) wanted to know more about her. in the BTW era she started to talk about her personal life, she became an opened book. sometimes I miss those times when she kept everything as a secret  :ohwell:
This
We have no legal choice but to stan

Archived