💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why I think Gaga's Less Popular

Rolodex of Hate

Featured Posts

Elizabeth

I actually think that outside of the fanbase people do still see her as an enigma, despite her opening up more. Without being rude, most people don't know about or care for her struggles unless they're a fan.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many blackouts and problems with her team + depression post hip injur y + extemely bad media press. She was the fearless enigmatic pop star people thought she was a godlike human but nobody is perfect thats all

Rolodex of Hate

a regular, basic pop star..?!

Gurl f*cking Bye.

If there's one thing Gaga is not, it's a regular, basic pop star.

Can I just be clear that is not my opinion. I think Gaga's intelligent, innovative with a powerful voice and persona. I'm just stating the views of many of the GP. I can't represent everyone, but certainly the people I know of hold this opinion on her :shrug:

I actually think that outside of the fanbase people do still see her as an enigma, despite her opening up more. Without being rude, most people don't know about or care for her struggles unless they're a fan.

This :yes: Us fans like to know about how she's getting on, through personal means such as Twitter, but she talked about her personal life through so many interviews, I think it got a bit boring for the GP :shrug:

We have no legal choice but to stan

When you have had a huge peak, you're bound to fall.

Britney Spears

50 Cent

Usher

Lady Gaga

those are celebs that at ONE point were untouchable, huge, taked about etc.  and then 50 cent just dissapeared. Suddenly no one cared about him, whereas he had some of the most successful songs / albums of all time in the Hip Hop field.  Britney in 2003/4/5 was really low, now people don't remember etc.  because of the meltdown but before the meltdown she was as "successful" as Gaga is now.

Usher as well..

Gaga will come back <3

Can I just be clear that is not my opinion. I think Gaga's intelligent, innovative with a powerful voice and persona. I'm just stating the views of many of the GP. I can't represent everyone, but certainly the people I know of hold this opinion on her :shrug:

I don't think the GP view her as being a 'regular basic pop star'. If they did it would probably work in her favour, hello Katy Perry.

8Bit Heart

I actually agree with this. There's no suspense for the GP to find out about what her next move is. They're accustomed to her behaviour. 

Rolodex of Hate

She opened up to much, got too personal + decline in quality of her creative team (I think it is because of the old breakup including LAG).

I agree with this. She used to be untouchable, mysterious, hard to understand and people wanted to find out more. Now she's just too accessible :shrug:

Brooke Candy

Can I just be clear that is not MY opinion. I think Gaga's intelligent, innovative with a powerful voice and persona. I'm just stating the views of many of the GP. 

"For me, she just now seems like a regular, basic pop star,"

:coffee:

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Bradley

Gaga's decline roots from her lack of promotion after the DWUW blackout, that's it.

I mean Applause slayed, because promotion matters.

Rolodex of Hate

I don't think the GP view her as being a 'regular basic pop star'. If they did it would probably work in her favour, hello Katy Perry.

I actually think it does work in her favour. We already have pop stars like Katy Perry, Taylor etc. who are considered 'basic' or 'normal'. It was refreshing to have a pop star who went against the norm. We don't need another regular pop star I'm sorry :shrug:

"For me, she just now seems like a regular, basic pop star,"

:coffee:

Oops I can't believe I put that. I didn't read over my words properly and that certainly wasn't intentional I can assure you :emma:

holy scheisse

i agree with some of your thoughts.

for example i think she never should have humanized herself. she used to be an "enigma popstar" she used to provoke such mystery. and we always wanted to know more about her but she would never mix her personal life with her career. i guess she got tired of putting on a charade, especially with ARTPOP. but i think during born this way is when she really started to go downhill because sshe turned herself into a preacher/"MOTHER" (mother monster was the worst thing ever) instead of that crazy, futuristic, unpredictable enigmatic popstar she was during TF/M

and like the op i love gaga and this isnt hate, just observation and opinion

There are many factors, but for me, one of them is that Gaga has become increasingly more accessible, relatable and 'human'. During her peak, Gaga was unpredictable and almost seemed 'un-human'. She was this imposing figure that no one could really understand - she was secretive, intelligent and just plain weird. We didn't really know anything about her personal life or what her personality was even like really and we all wanted to find out more about her. She now does skits on Saturday Night Live and pokes fun at her persona, she openly talks about troubles in her life, relationships and fame.

There are two types of celebrities, there are ones who want to be seen as ordinary, every-day friendly neighbour type celebs. Then there are those who want to be seen as arty, alien, untouchable celebrities. Lady Gaga used to be the latter. Now, she's become much more of a normal person.

Could not agree more

+ with the discussion of the comparison between MB being classy and expensive and with a narrative.. and the effect of the loss of tat

Rolodex of Hate

i agree with some of your thoughts.

for example i think she never should have humanized herself. she used to be an "enigma popstar" she used to provoke such mystery. and we always wanted to know more about her but she would never mix her personal life with her career. i guess she got tired of putting on a charade, especially with ARTPOP. but i think during born this way is when she really started to go downhill because sshe turned herself into a preacher/"MOTHER" (mother monster was the worst thing ever) instead of that crazy, futuristic, unpredictable enigmatic popstar she was during TF/M

and like the op i love gaga and this isnt hate, just observation and opinion

I think you may have worded this better than me. Is it okay to add it to my OP?

Could not agree more

+ with the discussion of the comparison between MB being classy and expensive and with a narrative.. and the effect of the loss of tat

Thank you, this is an observation I have made and I think it is a massive reason for her decline.

holy scheisse

Gaga's decline roots from her lack of promotion after the DWUW blackout, that's it.

I mean Applause slayed, because promotion matters.

born this way era was the beginning of her decline IMO, people were getting sick of her because a. she was so overexposed and b. she came off as being quite preachy and dignified tbh

I think you may have worded this better than me. Is it okay to add it to my OP?

aww of course :heart: :heart:

Eh. I don't think it's that. I think that people got sick of how crazy she is, and the whole non-stop speech about her being an artist did not help.

Archived