Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Would waiting until 2016 to start the next era damage Gaga's career?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

BlackJudas

Gaga definitely needs to take a hiatus. Cheek to Cheek tour is in the works and that's where her focus needs to be. Since she writes her songs by herself, she has to find a balance where she can put her full energy into that and producing. She doesn't need to release an album every year or two. That's the quickest way to burn out.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlphaMonster

I think she should release a new album in 2015 spring. It does not have to be a LP. An EP would do the job. But just a thing, No zedd, madeon, dj white shadow, just RedOne and Fernando Garibay... or another way she can work with totally different producers. Like Diplo, William Orbit, Stuart Price, Max Martin, Dr. Luke... 

I do not really care about radio hits but since she is a popstar, she needs them to keep her career up. After an EP which has atleast #3 smash radio hits, she can take her time and write experimental music that really represents her. For example a queen like Hard Opera Rock album ,with no synth and no vocal effects, whose at minimum 3-4 songs are 6-7 min. long non-repetitive songs.

That was an idea tho, I do not really think she should imitate. She should show her musical genius and come up with something unbelievably unfamiliar but also aesthetically appealing..

TimisaMonster

I agree she needs some time for herself to get inspired, however GP really has a break from her since 2010/2011. Rush may impact her next album negatively, however going into another big blackout would kill her career completely in terms of GPs attention.

GP doesnt wait for her, doesn't know about ARTPOP either. In this case time is Gagas enemy in my opinion.

We'll see just how fast this new era begins cuz it looks like Gaga's already moved on mentally from ARTPOP and is on to a new concept....we'll see what "MAY" means too.... :gum:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

shaneybaby

idfk i just want a new album lol 

personally i dont think that crap matters so much. if she releases it tomorrow or in 2 years. If she has some quality and amazing song it will do well regardless. And if the music sucks, it will do poorly imo. 

GagaisHotAF

It really depends. If she releases at a time where there is no competition she will dominate. But if she waits till 2016 she could get people to miss her but she would have to have amazing promo, shocking acts, really catchy music or it could repeat ARTPOP which started off strong but ended on a bad note.

Probably on Grindr

No...Gaga needs a break and fans and the GP need to miss her a bit....she needs to find inspiration again and make this next album perfect and take her time....no need to rush

excuse me but thats what happened with ARTPOP and it flopped

imma cut a bitch

TimisaMonster

excuse me but thats what happened with ARTPOP and it flopped

The music wasn't the problem....the management was. The songs that had the planned potential to be singles didn't become singles and promo was severely lacking as well...

This is how the era was supposed to go...

1. Aura (Telephone Continuation)

2. Venus

3. G.U.Y.

4. etc...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

PopBitch

The music wasn't the problem....the management was. The songs that had the planned potential to be singles didn't become singles and promo was severely lacking as well...

This is how the era was supposed to go...

1. Aura (Telephone Continuation)

2. Venus

3. G.U.Y.

4. etc...

Maybe not to you. Most people I know consider the music weaker overall.

She can take the time off, I guess, but she needs to pull a U2. They had strong albums building and building in the '80s to finally what was considered their brilliant masterpiece, Joshua Tree. They had another album two years later, strong commercially but mixed reviews critically and they were affected by the criticism and backlash. But then three years later they came roaring back in the '90s and totally re-invented themselves with an album that blew people's and critics' minds, Achtung Baby, an album that almost broke them up, trying to take a change in direction with Bono and Edge's interest in club music and industrial sounds and the others wanting to hang on to their classic sound and tensions over the music, introducing new musical influences into their music, but it's what created great music in the end, that tension and is considered one of the most successful re-inventions in 20th Century rock/pop music history.

The first time I heard it, I remember being blown away, so diverse in sound, so bold. Both albums are considered their magnum opus by many, and debates always online about which is better. Of course, many fans have their own favorites.

Gaga needs to come back like that, with a brilliant album from beginning to end that is a game changer for her that blows people's minds, re-inventing herself but still outstanding songwriting and a cohesive album.

Archived