💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Some Monsters Are So Stupid

Princess Die

Featured Posts

I haven't read the meltdowns, but i'm truly not surprised that people complained about it. Some fans are selfish mother****ers who dont care to see things from her perspective. They just want her to ~slay~

The whole thing just made me really sad. I wish she could be happy without the meds. She DESERVES to be happy without the meds.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

The whole thing just made me really sad. I wish she could be happy without the meds. She DESERVES to be happy without the meds.

Severe depression and other mental illnesses often stem from chemical imbalances in the brain and have nothing to do with the state of a persons life.

Severe depression and other mental illnesses often stem from chemical imbalances in the brain and have nothing to do with the state of a persons life.

It still kind of upsets me, but I'm glad she's addressing it somehow.

JazzGa

Uneducated teenagers (the majority of Gaga fans esp. on Twitter/LM) have no right to judge the medical choices of any person. Actually, no one has any right to judge someone's medical choices except for a medical professional.

That being said, marijuana isn't a good treatment for depression, since it's a depressant itself though. Yes, medical marijuana has loads of health benefits-- it increases the appetite, helps with nausea and other pain symptoms, etc. But a person using marijuana to treat a mental illness without the prescription of a doctor is probably not in a healthy place, and getting high all the time isn't going to help them get there. Even though it's not physically addictive, it is psychologically addictive, and if you need to be high in order to feel "normal," you're likely psychologically dependent on it and should seek professional help. (Which she did, during her hip surgery recovery she got herself cleaned up both physically and mentally) 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

SpadesToStart

Back when Gaga was using medical cannabis, presumably to treat her massive depression, there was a massive uproar. Fans were lost, letters were sent begging her to quit, and she received tons of backlash from the media.

"Medical cannabis"?  Are you freaking kidding me?  Taking medical marijuana entails taking a prescribed dosage every day at a specific time in order to treat a diagnosed condition or symptom.  This is not what Gaga was doing.  She was getting high constantly to numb the pain of her hip and forget about all the ****ty things that were going on in her life and career. There was nothing "medical" about Gaga's use of weed; it was a d--g habit and an addiction, plain and simple.  Let's not forget that she was traveling Europe and Asia at the time, so it's not like she needed a prescription to obtain it.

Also medical marijuana is NOT prescribed to treat depression or other mental illnesses.   

Evan Peters

I agree but I thought medical marijuana was for anxiety?  :huh:

emma roberts is an abuser

djBuffoon

Tried it for the first time tuesday, and I get why artists use it so much :manicure: you feel light, happy and a little bit more child-like

:party:

Archived