Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

West Australian: "Taylor Swift's 1989, the closest thing to Thriller in years"

Redstreak

Featured Posts

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is nothing but Taylor dragging and ARTPOP Vs BTW debate I don't know why it isn't closed yet :wtf:

I don't get it tho. 1989 IS a good album but it's nothing we haven't heard before. I don't know why people make it as a bigger deal than it is. Maybe it is just zeitgeist but "Closest thing to Thriller"? I don't think so.

HeavyPunkLover

Oh dear. Oh dear. Even for Gaga this would be reaching

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

blacklistedd

I can not ****ing comprehend why she is hyped up so grand. This album is so incredibly regular, her last album was so incredibly regular, yet every review of both preaches pop visionary and I don't understand it. What kool aid is everyone drinking? What are people hearing here? Like what makes half of this **** different than what Katy Perry, Maroon 5, or P!nk would release? Its all the same ****. I find Taylor more tolerable than either of the others I mentioned but I swear to god the fanfare doesn't add up to me. Its not that im opposed to her popularity, but people talk of this chick as if shes revolutionary. It blows my ****ing mind.

elijahfan

It is definitely a remarkable record, but I don't think it has the scale of a Thriller.

I know it won't sound very objective coming from a Gaga fan, but I've always viewed BTW as the modern equivalent of Thriller. I even think Gaga has once said that she felt like BTW was her Thriller, a moment she wanted to be remembered her whole career as the epitome of her artistry and message.

Archived