đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Would you give up on Gaga if she is not here for the next 5 years?

Hope

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pain of fame1

Maybe i'd be uninterested for that time but then again i'd become a mega fan when she releases her next solo album. 

Sure people will give up on hee tho

giskardsb

There are other artists besides Gaga. Explore other music and you won't be bored if Gaga took a long break.

heavyMetalGAGA

No. I'm a fan of her music, which is unfading. An artist may stop making new music (or the type of music which I prefer listening to), but the music she has made will live on forever. Again, it's the music that made me a fan of her. So whether or not her next album would be released five years from now or the next decade or even never, I won't "give up" on her and/or her music, in the same way how the fans of the Beatles, Elvis Presley, and Michael Jackson (and countless more) didn't, even long after the demise of these artists. There's a short-term admiration (e.g. following the trends), but there's a long-term admiration (e.g. Classic Hollywood fandom like Marilyn Monroe's, religion like the Roman Catholic following). I'm confident enough that my admiration for Gaga is a long-term one, if not for a lifetime.

I've been here for her since late 2009, and even with all the career and personal drawbacks she had since then, I'm still here supporting her in the best way I could (buying her records, her merchandise, the magazines she's featured, going to her tours, and volunteering to a fan forum dedicated to her, et.al). I guess that's what happens when someone becomes more than your inspiration. In one way or another, she has become a part of my life already. And for that, I'd never leave her, and she'd never leave my mind and my heart as long as I live. 

Aww, I couldn't have said it better. I'm here for Gaga through the thick and thin. She has forever made my life better, and so I will try my best to make sure she's happy. Even if the media is tearing her down, I think it's important for an artist to see their fans still love them no matter what. The amount of records and social boundaries she has broken is incredible and EXTREMELY interesting for someone who is so "out there" and doesn't pander to mainstream success and conventional beauty. 

You have such a pure heart, I love that! 

Interludicrous

Well, I wouldn't be an active fan for that time because there would be nothing to be active about. If she were doing Jazz I wouldn't be active either because that's not my thing. But I'd still be a fan nonetheless, because I just love her music and artistry, but passive. 

A five year break is exactly what I want Gaga to consider. Instead of music, perhaps she will fuse fashion with technology and create a GAGA fashion line. She might pursue an acting career (and have lead roles this time), or she might continue focusing on advocacy and charity work around the world. Heck, she might get married and settle down, probably have a child and spend more time with her family. 

She comes back, 33 years old, more mature and experienced, most likely feeling stronger because she wouldn't have experienced the "pop music pressure" or ensuring she is selling a million copies first week or getting five simultaneous #1 hits. Pop music will definitely have shifted in her time off and her career will be over ten years old at this point, that's ten years of experience to reminisce and five years of change to discover herself again. She will have everything prior to approx 2019 to write about. Her next album might not be released until she's 35 and it will be fine because I know she can deliver with a solid album. All she needs is a break.

I love Gaga's art. That'll never change. I would miss her greatly if she took a 5 year break, but hey if she wanted to, go for it. We have all her music, and all the worlds music to enjoy too.

But i reckon we'll have a couple of years til the new album now so let's just enjoy C2C instead always thinking of what's next...!

She said it herself, she has another 40 years of making music. When we're 60, 70, 80 will we really care about her 5 year break?  :adam:

Glamourpuss

No because I have a unconditional love for her. I don't just enjoy her music. I love her for the person she is.

Archived