💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why other pop artists are still hugely popular, but not Gaga.

Quark

Featured Posts

pop music is just getting incredibly lame and dumb while gaga's music is still the shiz

I agree.  I am thinking Gaga may do some rock, more jazz, something else, and then come back when pop has gotten even more lame to save pop music again.  She would be something fresh again, to the genre.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LittleBoot

Gaga shot to fame on an image and sound that was carefully crafted and worked under the guidance of a team that oversaw everything about her on her way to her peak. Much about her was carefully thought out and manufactured. I do not mean this in a negative way. In fact, quite the opposite. I'd say it was masterfully done.

But given from things she has said, it would seem to me that this made her very unhappy and has moved into a more independent direction. And this has cost her some popularity. Her ship is not ran as tight as it used to be.

That said...

I actually think this may be a good thing for her happiness and well-being in the long run. A lot of people had this expectation that she would catapult into the highest eschalon of pop legends. But a lot of the pop and music legends she is compared to and supposed to emulate have had pretty tragic lives and aren't what I'd consider to be particularly well adjusted, and they experienced very public meltdowns. Looking at this, when I think of her blackouts, I actually think they may have been acts of self-preservation even if they made her fall off the public's radar.

Some of the actual backlash against her has been brought about by her own fans though. Every star has their obnoxious fans, but "Little Monsters" have a very particularly bad reputation of behaving horribly and acting insufferable. I think a lot of the crap thrown at her has less to do with her, and more to do with how a lot of people feel about her fans.

the music? the dated mess, the terrible vocals and lyrics? What concept? Bringing art in to pop? Something she failed to do?

We just see things differently.  Many will agree with your viewpoint, and many think ARTPOP is wonderful, the vocals are amazing, the concept is creative, and Gaga succeeded in bringing art to pop.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived