💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why other pop artists are still hugely popular, but not Gaga.

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Gaga is not that sell out.

She can always be dull like the rest of pop stars if she wanted to.

But I don't think that is her vision.

The fact that most of street creds she's getting are from rock n roll and metal legends, really say something about the capacity of her music and lyrics.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

neither the lyrics nor musical productions she's released after TFM are very GP friendly, she needs to become more generic and safe for the public and radio to like her. Radio needs to eat the music up

BillieGOAT

I'm sorry but Meghan Trainor's All About That Bass song isn't basic, and has a meaning behind it, and still made it to #1, even tho the singer wasn't famous before at all.

Enjoy the song and stop the argue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk

That song is the most basic of them all are you joking..

SISTERV

There are many factors to this, but Gaga is still hugely popular. Her constantly being in the press doesn't mean people don't legitimately enjoy her. But I will say, the decreased sales of ARTPOP were largely due to:

-Poor promotion. We probably have no idea how much chaos ensued after she lost Troy and having to re-create a visionary organized team for Gaga in the middle of an album cycle ultimately led to this being a big behind-the-scenes issue. 

-Gaga seemed very excited about ARTPOP but I think it was lingering in the media for too long. Announcing the title of an album over a year before it's release makes you look a little weak, and it feels like a betrayal in some ways.

-We only got two music videos. Again...Lady Gaga has always been a visual artist, and when an album like ARTPOP is coming that sounds colorful and visual is her least visual era, people don't have anything to "cling onto" like they did with the meat dress, the egg, or the classic hair bow tie. 

-Lastly, the biggest detriment to Gaga's decline was herself. Sorry sis, but you seemed to be one of the most passionate and innovative artists in history and despite the sentiment or ideas of ARTPOP, the actual entertainment just didn't live up to it because Gaga was too focused on the idea. I just don't know how you can go from ending the BTWera with Marry The Night, talking about how you needed music to live, and then on the next album admit by the third single you were at a point you didn't want to sing anymore. Gaga needs passion again and a message focused album that connects with the masses again. 

When wasn't he successful when he released albums and singles?

BRUNO MARS SUCCESSFUL IS THIS A JOKE :lmao:

VersaceKing

She's the only artist that honor her vomit and doesn't do what her record label wants her to do to bring them those filthy $$$$$ :classy:

1) Bruno Mars isnt as popular as anyone else in that list

2)She was famous for being weird at first and now thats she is no longer *Fresh!* people dont care about her

COLONiCPRiNXESS

All the pop stars that the OP mentioned are fading, maybe except Rihanna.

she's extremely polarising, and doesn't want to appease just for chart success, and in my opinion this will benefit her greatly in the long run compared to her peers

SISTERV

She will continue following her vision. She's not here just to have a huge mainstream success.

Remember that she said at the keynote interview at SXSW that she wants to keep doing her thing even if it means that she would have to go back singing in bars like she did before she got famous. So I don't think she would doubt a second if she had to choose between them.

Yes but let's not forget, Gaga is a pop artist that is a pop culture guru. She might not want it for shallow reasons, but that girl celebrates when her **** does well and soaks it up. Just being honest. 

neither the lyrics nor musical productions she's released after TFM are very GP friendly, she needs to become more generic and safe for the public and radio to like her. Radio needs to eat the music up

eh......to me that would be lazy and would work against her. Bowie did that in the early 80's and it only paid off for one album....kinda. It would be smarter for her to just write amazing pop songs on a piano, and then get experimental with it in the studio. 

Even those albums were kind of different for their time. Gaga was one of the biggest factors in popularizing electronic dance/pop music. I guess she wasn't as weird and artsy at the time though.

brizoda

but Gaga sometimes can do wonders, a succesful song in America about wanting Applause is a milestone

Fiona Apple

Well Gaga in 6 years did more than what Rihanna,Katy,Bruno Mars or Taylor Swift did together... I think that the fact that ARTPOP wasn't as successful as her previous works doesn't make her less popular or less successful.Afterall it didn't sell 300 or 500k,it sold 2,5m which is really good tbh.. Also cheek to cheek is doing GREAT for a jazz album.. I am sure that her next album will be really successful.Btw how isn't Katy not doing worse than what she used to do? Her last album had 6 #1s and 2 top 5.. And her latest album has 2 #1s and 3 singles under the top 10 

Archived