💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do you prefer PositiveGa or DarkGa?

Bradley

Do you prefer PositiveGa or DarkGa?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer PositiveGa or DarkGa?

• Always believe in yourself, be creative, be proud for being gay, you were born this way! Heaven, I'm in heaven, and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak, and I seem to find the happiness I seek, when we're out together dancing Cheek to...
    • NOW DANCE YOU MOTHERFCKERS! I am not an alien, nor a human, I am not a creature of your government. I am everything you know and you don't know, everything you love and you hate, I AM LADY GAGA.

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When dark pop was suggested in an earlier thread I wrote:

"I would want it to be darker than dark.  Like Gaga a horrific creature crawling towards you out of the pitch darkness.  Her image so dark that she is barely distinguishable from the darkness surrounding her.  So dark that you can’t tell if she is crawling or slithering toward you like a snake.  But you know she is there, this darkness within darkness, coming straight toward you and you know within seconds she will devour you.  In that moment you remain frozen, your blood curdling, your cold sweat freezing on your trembling body.  So dark that all life in front of her ceases to exist.  So dark that no human can contemplate her for even 5 seconds without dying or going insane.  That dark."

A bit over-dramatic, but I do love darkGa.  I still think the darkGa image could backfire, even if it's not all that dark, in today's environment.  The question is, will Gaga take that risk now that she is being liked for her bright, happy, unmasked image?  Idk.

Yeah well I don't want her to be that dark :sweat:

I was referring to her style and music during the TFM era and BTW era. I kinda felt like her work had more substance back then (but of course that's just my opinion, I know many fans liked ARTPOP)

I don't know if it's really a risk for her to go back to DarkGa, I mean the bright fun ARTPOP didn't work so who knows :shrug:

FRANK1991
Elizabeth, on 26 Oct 2014 - 00:03, said:

PositiveGa for her mindset, but DarkGa for her music? Like channelling her pain into the music but her still being happy? Idk how to explain that properly haha 

yes this!

but I feel like it's hard for her

it's like trying to get her to sing Dope in artRAVE

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Yeah well I don't want her to be that dark :sweat:

I was referring to her style and music during the TFM era and BTW era. I kinda felt like her work had more substance back then (but of course that's just my opinion, I know many fans liked ARTPOP)

I don't know if it's really a risk for her to go back to DarkGa, I mean the bright fun ARTPOP didn't work so who knows :shrug:

I agree, that may be too dark.  It scares even me.

I like ARTPOP very much, but I also like her earlier eras.  I think Gaga can show many very different faces and styles and be great at all of them.  You're right, the bright fun of ARTPOP didn't bring in the GP.  But I think her look in the C2C era will.  Then, what will she do?

I saw an old interview with Jackie Gleason, where he was asked about his Honeymooners sitcom show.  The show basically had four characters.  He said he was very lucky with that show because it turned out the public liked all the characters as people.  He said that is key ... if people like the characters a show will be a hit.  I think C2C could make Gaga likable to many who only knew her dark image.  I love darkGa, but I want her to be popular and happy even more.  Gaga will have to sort it out.

I live outside the space time continuum.

ARTPOPisaChoice

DarkGa on stage, PositiveGa as a role model

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

Cheek to Cheek  was positive and light.

So I want DarkGa to return for her next non-jazz album/EP.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

I agree, that may be too dark.  It scares even me.

I like ARTPOP very much, but I also like her earlier eras.  I think Gaga can show many very different faces and styles and be great at all of them.  You're right, the bright fun of ARTPOP didn't bring in the GP.  But I think her look in the C2C era will.  Then, what will she do?

I saw an old interview with Jackie Gleason, where he was asked about his Honeymooners sitcom show.  The show basically had four characters.  He said he was very lucky with that show because it turned out the public liked all the characters as people.  He said that is key ... if people like the characters a show will be a hit.  I think C2C could make Gaga likable to many who only knew her dark image.  I love darkGa, but I want her to be popular and happy even more.  Gaga will have to sort it out.

That's an interesting thought. I guess if more people would see the human side of Gaga we see, they would end up liking her more.

I think that after C2C, it would be smart to make a rock pop album. It's solid music and not only young people but also older people will like it. For example my dad likes You&I, so as soon as there's a little bit of rock influence in the songs Gaga has a huge chance of winning non-fans and people who are not so much into house/dance music over.

The stan inside of we wants that dark pop album tho :cryga:

Bradley

That's an interesting thought. I guess if more people would see the human side of Gaga we see, they would end up liking her more.

I think that after C2C, it would be smart to make a rock pop album. It's solid music and not only young people but also older people will like it. For example my dad likes You&I, so as soon as there's a little bit of rock influence in the songs Gaga has a huge chance of winning non-fans and people who are not so much into house/dance music over.

The stan inside of we wants that dark pop album tho :cryga:

The entire ARTPOP and Cheek to Cheek eras have been very "human" already. It's time for her to switch back to her dark roots perhaps. I don't really mind a pop rock album, like what Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons do are really great, but I think if she wants to be a megastar (don't lie, we do care about her fame and social status), she needs to be controversial and make awesome RedOne music again.

The entire ARTPOP and Cheek to Cheek eras have been very "human" already. It's time for her to switch back to her dark roots perhaps. I don't really mind a pop rock album, like what Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons do are really great, but I think if she wants to be a megastar (don't lie, we do care about her fame and social status), she needs to be controversial and make awesome RedOne music again.

Some RedOne tracks wouldn't hurt, yes. I would love some songs with Garibay as well. I agree about the controversial part, it was always clear to me that this was a reason for her to become so popular and discussed among the media, and then because of that you sell records, It seems like that's how the business works

Bradley

Some RedOne tracks wouldn't hurt, yes. I would love some songs with Garibay as well. I agree about the controversial part, it was always clear to me that this was a reason for her to become so popular and discussed among the media, and then because of that you sell records, It seems like that's how the business works

Garibay is good but I didn't really like his productions on Fashion of His Love, The Edge of Glory (the song is alright to me I don't know why it was such a big hit, magic of promo I guess), his songs were good to me but way too experimental to be hits. Marry the Night in my opinion is a great song but it will never work for radio, the ending is way too euphoric and most people consider it as noise instead of melody.

DJ White Shadow-produced tracks is a different story, Black Jesus + Amen Fashion, Electric Chapel and Bloody Mary slayed!

Garibay is good but I didn't really like his productions on Fashion of His Love, The Edge of Glory (the song is alright to me I don't know why it was such a big hit, magic of promo I guess), his songs were good to me but way too experimental to be hits. Marry the Night in my opinion is a great song but it will never work for radio, the ending is way too euphoric and most people consider it as noise instead of melody.

DJ White Shadow-produced tracks is a different story, Black Jesus + Amen Fashion, Electric Chapel and Bloody Mary slayed!

I loved Electric Chapel and Bloody Mary. Some of DJWS songs on ARTPOP are not really my cup of tea. I'm not a complete hater like some fans here, but I really hope the next album won't be full of DJWS songs. Yes a few of course, but not so many .

We shouldn't be worried tho, because the next album won't come anytime soon and this forum might become a crazy not so peaceful place again (like the time before ARTPOP). We have to survive this first :sweat:

Archived