💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Beyoncé not a feminist?

Joaco95

Featured Posts

With the topic at hand, thank God for people like Annie Lennox who has the guts to call out Beyonce on her faux feminism and to criticise what a state modern feminism is in with its acceptance of using s-xuality to get what you want and seeing it as a means to empowerment. Men don't use the same tactics as women to sell their music, so why should women feel the need to either? Sure, there's nothing wrong with using s-xuality as a topic in your work, but becoming overtly s-xual when your career is on the slide is all too often the case for a lot of female artists, so I have an issue with this as their s-xual output doesn't come across natural at these times, and I don't think it should be anyone's job to be s-xual or they should be forced to be s-xual, especially by something as greedy as a record label.

So you're in support of women demoralizing other women who don't subscribe to the views of the former?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

So you're in support of women demoralizing other women who don't subscribe to the views of the former?

If you're looking to help, you've got to be critical and address problems. If I think women are worse off due to following a certain way of life, of course I'll encourage otherwise. And why is it always the case that any woman who criticises another woman is demonised for supposedly putting women down? I don't hear men called out when they criticise other men. If there's one thing that I dislike about modern feminism, it's the belief that no woman should be criticised, especially if it's involving a choice she made. I want us to be equal to men, not superior, so I'd rather we were held to the same level of judgement that men are. If we're the strong women we are made to believe we are, we can take criticism, especially from fellow women.

DrewStevens

What a mess. Wendy and the other women were just lost but that man is an idiot. No, you don't have to be able to do everything to be a feminist, that's bull****.

Having to prove the world that you are someone by doing thousand of things is not equality or feminism, it's just sad. You don't have to be Beyonce, Wendy or a "boss" to be taken seriously. You can be a submissive housewife and still be treated equally. 

Thanks to this new "social justice" crap, women have to fight between each other to see who is the best feminist and who can survive more time without a man.

Pure Adrenaline

tumblr_ndwxucslbT1saom5so1_500.png

the bottom line ^^^^

I miss the smart one line clocking gaga tbh :legend:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Kermit the frog

tumblr_nd374jxVw21tjzkneo1_500.gif

this definition is perfect.

That one guy is so overbearing and his idea of feminism being a woman having it all is a theory that is depressing women, rather than getting them ahead. The reality is that very few women have it all and even when you do, it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be happy. Striving to have it all only leads to feelings of depression when you can't achieve it. In fact, everyone at that table needs to chill out. They're shouting over each other and not getting anywhere.

With the topic at hand, thank God for people like Annie Lennox who has the guts to call out Beyonce on her faux feminism and to criticise what a state modern feminism is in with its acceptance of using s-xuality to get what you want and seeing it as a means to empowerment. Men don't use the same tactics as women to sell their music, so why should women feel the need to either? Sure, there's nothing wrong with using s-xuality as a topic in your work, but becoming overtly s-xual when your career is on the slide is all too often the case for a lot of female artists, so I have an issue with this as their s-xual output doesn't come across natural at these times, and I don't think it should be anyone's job to be s-xual or they should be forced to be s-xual, especially by something as greedy as a record label.

All that is starting to even out though, we see more shirtless men than ever before, just look at Nick Jonas.

Whether you see it as a good or a bad phenomenon is one thing, but it's a 1:0 for feminism this time.

Joaco95

modern feminism is in with its acceptance of using s-xuality to get what you want and seeing it as a means to empowerment. Men don't use the same tactics as women to sell their music, so why should women feel the need to either?

You know you're lying.

OMG WENDY :toofloppy:

Am I the only one tired of this feminism thing?

sometimes I don't know if it's being a powerful woman or just a hater :rip:

I also don't know what the hell feminism is

educate yo self then

educate yo self then

I have seen like 968 definitions of feminism from different people and resources and as you can see I'm not the only people in this thread that are tired of people like YOU who think they have the right to humiliate others just because they don't know what feminism is even though we already said that a man and a woman should be treated equality, what else do you want?

look

people always say "feminism is more than that" and then stuff like no "feminism is even MORE than that you ignorant" :scar:

can't we all just agree that it is equality for both men and women in every aspect in life, just that, why make it so difficult :duck:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

If you're looking to help, you've got to be critical and address problems. If I think women are worse off due to following a certain way of life, of course I'll encourage otherwise. And why is it always the case that any woman who criticises another woman is demonised for supposedly putting women down? I don't hear men called out when they criticise other men. If there's one thing that I dislike about modern feminism, it's the belief that no woman should be criticised, especially if it's involving a choice she made. I want us to be equal to men, not superior, so I'd rather we were held to the same level of judgement that men are. If we're the strong women we are made to believe we are, we can take criticism, especially from fellow women.

:applause:

thefamebitch

In my opinion, as a guy, I don't think that guy really grasps the whole concept of feminism besides just Beyonce.  I'm pretty sure it's about equality.  

Not gonna lie, I am so annoyed by that guy.  Feminism is and never really was about being the "boss."  I think he needs to cool his jets and stop speaking over everyone else & maybe then he'll learn something about "feminism" from some actual WOMEN.  

StrawberryBlond

You know you're lying.

No I'm not. I don't recall men singing in their underwear in music videos and on stage or posting raunchy selfies. Nowadays, a lot of them are posing half naked/naked in gay magazines, but that's just the thing - gay magazines, for a niche market, that isn't widely produced and marketed because it's "adult" themed. Women are parading around in next to nothing to sell their music whereas men manage to sell while remaining fully-clothed. If you're talking about certain male artists using any opportunity to remove their shirt, that isn't on par with a woman removing her top. Men's naked chests are not s-xual in the way that women's are. I've never understood that comparison when people claim that both genders are s-xualised the same way. When a man removes his shirt, he's still in control, but when a woman removes her top, she's vulnerable. Notice that girls are always screaming regardless of how much males are wearing, but in order for a woman to get cheers, she has to be dressed skimpily. Even when males use s-x appeal to sell, it is restrained, understated s-x appeal whereas women go for overt s-xuality. The day that male pop artists perform in nothing but their boxers as a matter of course, that's the day I'll say that men and women use the same tactics to sell their music.

No I'm not. I don't recall men singing in their underwear in music videos and on stage or posting raunchy selfies. Nowadays, a lot of them are posing half naked/naked in gay magazines, but that's just the thing - gay magazines, for a niche market, that isn't widely produced and marketed because it's "adult" themed. Women are parading around in next to nothing to sell their music whereas men manage to sell while remaining fully-clothed. If you're talking about certain male artists using any opportunity to remove their shirt, that isn't on par with a woman removing her top. Men's naked chests are not s-xual in the way that women's are. I've never understood that comparison when people claim that both genders are s-xualised the same way. When a man removes his shirt, he's still in control, but when a woman removes her top, she's vulnerable. Notice that girls are always screaming regardless of how much males are wearing, but in order for a woman to get cheers, she has to be dressed skimpily. Even when males use s-x appeal to sell, it is restrained, understated s-x appeal whereas women go for overt s-xuality. The day that male pop artists perform in nothing but their boxers as a matter of course, that's the day I'll say that men and women use the same tactics to sell their music.

:applause:

DRAG those haters that claim to be feminist and know **** about it :applause:

Joaco95

No I'm not. I don't recall men singing in their underwear in music videos and on stage or posting raunchy selfies.

Usher dancing without shirt to fans on stage. Yeah right.

Archived