Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Beyoncé not a feminist?

Joaco95

Featured Posts

saw this on ATRL earlier, I think I agree with the guy of the video. I don't know if what he said fully applies to Beyoncé, I don't follow her that much to know (but it sees it does). I think feminism is much more than what he said, but also what he said seems right.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feminism is simple equality and access to all the same resources that men have had and continue to have. I don't understand why this debate went into such odd places and why people still don't get it's about being on equal platforms...whatever happens after that is life

FFXSoul91

"There's a difference between empowerment and feminism!"

Yes, indeed. However you can't have feminism without empowerment, or at least the belief in it.

people always say "feminism is more than that" and then stuff like no "feminism is even MORE than that you ignorant" :scar:

can't we all just agree that it is equality for both men and women in every aspect in life, just that, why make it so difficult :duck:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

StrawberryBlond

That one guy is so overbearing and his idea of feminism being a woman having it all is a theory that is depressing women, rather than getting them ahead. The reality is that very few women have it all and even when you do, it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be happy. Striving to have it all only leads to feelings of depression when you can't achieve it. In fact, everyone at that table needs to chill out. They're shouting over each other and not getting anywhere.

With the topic at hand, thank God for people like Annie Lennox who has the guts to call out Beyonce on her faux feminism and to criticise what a state modern feminism is in with its acceptance of using s-xuality to get what you want and seeing it as a means to empowerment. Men don't use the same tactics as women to sell their music, so why should women feel the need to either? Sure, there's nothing wrong with using s-xuality as a topic in your work, but becoming overtly s-xual when your career is on the slide is all too often the case for a lot of female artists, so I have an issue with this as their s-xual output doesn't come across natural at these times, and I don't think it should be anyone's job to be s-xual or they should be forced to be s-xual, especially by something as greedy as a record label.

JaggedMonster

No you're not. Feminism is starting to be akin to hypocrisy. Many feminists now just want to supersede men but that's not what feminism originally was. It was just for the s-xes to be treated equally. I'm all for that but the definition of feminism has been skewed so I just prefer to be called an egalitarian. It fits me better

Tumblr ha impact :lolgaga:

KyliesChild

I don't think Feminism has a accurate definition. I think what a feminist is is people who think that females can do the same as males. It can also be to embrace that you are female and rock it.Women are strong and should know that. But some just don't embrace it.

JaggedMonster

It's just a goofy talk show, neither sides made very good points.

From one ignoramus to another, slé :applause:

Everyone in this video is ignorant.

:trootea: :trootea: :trootea:

I hate the word "feminism." 

So many people take it to a man bashing ignorant level... it was suppose to be about equality. 

So basically, unless you're a jack ass: you're a feminist. I think we should scrap the term all together because you don't need to be effeminate or female to be a feminist. 

Archived