💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift sees some people's views on her music as sexist

LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not her biggest fan but I agree that she gets too much hate for dating and writing about her love life, and the nature of some of the comments I've seen (particularly those that slut-shame her) convinces me that she's right about it being a s-xist thing.

Whispering

:tea: Plus nobody actually knows about who she's singing about. Maturity makes you gain respect. :later:

Because she was dating a nobody (as far as media goes) and it was before she got really famous.

ChasingTables
Because she was dating a nobody (as far as media goes) and it was before she got really famous.
So what? Google is there and if you search you'll see how the media was thirsty to know his identify. They created a lot of articles about it, but they failed to know who is because Adele is a mature person and don't acts as a drama queen. She kept it behind the scenes all the time.

ChasingTables
Whispering

So what? Google is there and if you search you'll see how the media was thirsty to know his identify. They created a lot of articles about it, but they failed to know who is because Adele is a mature person and don't acts as a drama queen. She kept it behind the scenes all the time.

That's the point. No one knew, because he wasn't famous and she wasn't really either at the time, so the paps weren't following them around when they were dating. Taylor didn't and doesn't have that luxury. She is extremely famous and she was dating people who were also known in the media. Therefore, there was information and pics about her relationships in the media. If she wants to keep her relationships a secret, she is going to have to hide the guy and never go outside or in public with him...ever! What young female in her 20s wants to do that? When people date, most like to go places- to restaurants, parks and on walks.

Whispering

This is when this article came out:

Adele’s album, 21, has sold more than 17 million copies worldwide, netting her a £25 million fortune since its release last year. It remains No 1 in the U.S. charts after 22 weeks in the top slot, and has sold more than 4 million copies in the UK.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2112973/Who-broke-Adeles-heart-star.html#ixzz3HhlkTwzo

This article was written after she was famous....very much so.  The paps weren't stalking her and her lover non-stop with helicopters and long-range lenses when the relationship was going on. I love Adele, but her relationship was not a public one due to the timing and that he wasn't known to the general public or media.

ChasingTables

That's the point. No one knew, because he wasn't famous and she wasn't really either at the time, so the paps weren't following them around when they were dating. Taylor didn't and doesn't have that luxury. She is extremely famous and she was dating people who were also known in the media. Therefore, there was information and pics about her relationships in the media. If she wants to keep her relationships a secret, she is going to have to hide the guy and never go outside or in public with him...ever! What young female in her 20s wants to do that? When people date, most like to go places- to restaurants, parks and on walks.

Except that she is stalked by the paps since her first album there in the Europe. And Taylor is not more famous worldwide than Adele. Not before and neither after. Just because she's the so called ''America's sweetheart'' she seems so famous, but that's all. :awkney:

ryhanna

Because Adele does it tastefully.

So does Taylor :toofunny:

Listen to her lyrics. She writes about her exes very tastefully and eloquently. She's never a **** about it, there's no slandering of her exes. 

How is

The scars of your love remind me of us

They keep me thinking that we almost had it all

The scars of your love, they leave me breathless

I can't help feeling

We could have had it all

Any more tasteful than

Well, maybe we got lost in translation, maybe I asked for too much,

But maybe this thing was a masterpiece 'til you tore it all up.

Running scared, I was there, I remember it all too well.

Whispering

Except that she is stalked by the paps since her first album there in the Europe. And Taylor is not more famous worldwide than Adele. Not before and neither after. Just because she's the so called ''America's sweetheart'' she seems so famous, but that's all. :awkney:

No, she really wasn't. Taylor was way more famous than Adele worldwide, especially between 19 and 21, which is when Adele's relationship was going on. At that time, Taylor had several platinum albums, an 100 million tour going on, multiple Grammy awards, tons of Country and Billboard awards, perfumes, sponsorships with Pepsi and Keds, was all over awards shows, and had even been in a couple of movies.

And once again, Taylor was dating people that were also well known. All of these things make a difference, as far as the media and public's interest in who certain celebrities are dating.

ChasingTables

No, she really wasn't. Taylor was way more famous than Adele worldwide, especially between 19 and 21, which is when Adele's relationship was going on. At that time, Taylor had several platinum albums, an 100 million tour, Grammys, tons of Country and Billboard awards, perfumes, sponsorships with Pepsi and Keds, was all over awards shows, and had even been in a couple of movies.

And once again, Taylor was dating people that were also well known. All of these things make a difference, as far as the media and public's interest in who certain celebrities are dating.

Yes, she was. I have a ton of pictures to prove, sweetie. Pictures >>> point of view. Your argument about tour is invalid because Adele never did a huge tour with stadium dates. She already had 2 Grammys and I couldn't care less with these other things because she'll never sell out and only want to be known for her music. But good for Taylor, I guess. Time to sleep. Bye! :later:

Whispering

Yes, she was. I have a ton of pictures to prove, sweetie. Pictures >>> point of view. Your argument about tour is invalid because Adele never did a huge tour with stadium dates. She already had 2 Grammys and I couldn't care less with these other things because she'll never sell out and only want to be known for her music. But good for Taylor, I guess. Time to sleep. Bye! :later:

I'm not your sweetie.

Adele was no where close to being as famous or as visible as Taylor at that time

Most importantly, she wasn't dating someone else famous.

It isn't an argument about a tour. Absolutely no one is saying that Adele couldn't have mounted a huge tour during her 21 era. The only purpose of mentioning the tour is to show that Taylor was highly visible and out everywhere during that time. Before 21, Adele was not doing tours and in movies. She didnt have big sponserships and huge campaigns with commercials on TV and ads in every magazine. She wasn't performing on every award show and winning multiple awards at multiple events. Adele wasn't on the cover of multiple magazines and music industry publications.

They were in entirely different situations.

ChasingTables

I'm not your sweetie.

She was no where close to being as famous or as visible as Taylor at that time

Most importantly, she wasn't dating someone else famous.

It isn't an argument about a tour. Absolutely no one is saying that Adele couldn't have mounted a huge tour during her 21 era. The only point of mentioning the tour is to show that Taylor was highly visible and out everywhere during that time. Before 21, Adele was not doing tours and in movies, with big sponserships and huge campaigns with commercials on TV and ads in every magazine. She wasn't performing on every award show and winning multiple awards at multiple events. Adele wasn't on the cover of multiple magazines and music industry publications.

They were in entirely different situations.

Still trying too hard, I see. Be overexposed in the media or a huge world tour or in the cover of a magazine isn't a advantage. Do you really want to talk about awards? Relevant awards? Taylor wishes she could have half of Adele's relevant awards. Not only about award ceremonies, but sales awards around the world. :awkney:

Archived